Arena Server

Would you make a toon on this server if it was made?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Bop personally (He plays on the Mok'Nathal server with me) so it seems to me you massively misinterpreted his position/ what he was saying.

He is a pretty big arena fan/ likes to play arenas so he was considering playing on this server for the purpose of playing arenas. (as advertised)
He pointed out some things that he saw that seemed unfair/ didn't make sense to him and commented on them so you could competently and productively debate them to change or not to change them, or just for the benefit of letting you know.

As I said though, its not about being "a weasel, hypocrtical, stubborn, a know it all, etc." Its about having a productive argument for YOUR benefit as to what to do with the server YOU are promoting.

I made a character last night to see if it would be worth the time leveling a alt, was not really intrigued. I was under the impression that if you where going to ban feral druids because they are op... that there would be some kind of tact by the players on such a server to play class's that "arent op". But all I could see on my mage was Hunters Druids Rogues and Pallys, which If I wanted to see I would have just done a bg on my main.

Good luck though, its a interesting idea, I just think you should be more open minded to hearing other peoples opinions, seeing as to how we aren't some kind of authority figures who have any say in what people do on this server, we are just prospective players.

Non of this would have had to escalate of course if you wouldn't have incited him by dismissing some basic concepts he was throwing out there and insulting him for what seems to me no reason.

I know Bop personally (He plays on the Mok'Nathal server with me) so it seems to me you massively misinterpreted his position/ what he was saying.

He is a pretty big arena fan/ likes to play arenas so he was considering playing on this server for the purpose of playing arenas. (as advertised)
He pointed out some things that he saw that seemed unfair/ didn't make sense to him and commented on them so you could competently and productively debate them to change or not to change them, or just for the benefit of letting you know.

As I said though, its not about being "a weasel, hypocrtical, stubborn, a know it all, etc." Its about having a productive argument for YOUR benefit as to what to do with the server YOU are promoting.

I made a character last night to see if it would be worth the time leveling a alt, was not really intrigued. I was under the impression that if you where going to ban feral druids because they are op... that there would be some kind of tact by the players on such a server to play class's that "arent op". But all I could see on my mage was Hunters Druids Rogues and Pallys, which If I wanted to see I would have just done a bg on my main.

Good luck though, its a interesting idea, I just think you should be more open minded to hearing other peoples opinions, seeing as to how we aren't some kind of authority figures who have any say in what people do on this server, we are just prospective players.

Non of this would have had to escalate of course if you wouldn't have incited him by dismissing some basic concepts he was throwing out there and insulting him for what seems to me no reason.
It's not just me who thinks bop's posts are ridiculous. Sure he said in chat his ideas, but the other people that were on at the time were on skype with me and disagreed with him, so i told him no. People in the chat were actually getting annoyed with him too because of the things he was saying.

Get off his jock, he is trying to promote an arena server.

Ferals are rightfully banned imo.

However I do agree that casters, should be able to use Hierloom staffs.

boas are not banned you guys, the point is for people to roll here and be able to arena right away, and not have to grind out boas. You can get boas, agm, what ever you want, but the other team must agree to it. I just see the server being primarily pre boa based, and that people should get a full set of pre boa bis gear, so they can arena others without boas. Since everyone wants feral druids, you will have your feral druids, but people do have the choice to vs your team or not because you have to specifically challenge a team, not like its random teams like 90s, so just think before you roll an OP class like feral or prot war.

Last edited by a moderator:
-The 4 to 5 people to originally make characters are ignorant, cocky children, who are an absolute nightmare.
-They have put in place rules for the arenas such as
-No feral druids
-No prot warriors
-No holy paladins
-So, ya know, just come play arenas for fun, just make sure it's not a class that frustrates us or anything, since we'll get all pissed off.
...Honestly, this server is horrible. The people are just downright morons. Do yourself a favor and play on Vashj or Aerie Peak.

(I'm sure this server will be pre-boa until these retards get boa, then they'll change the rules to "use them if you have them")

-The 4 to 5 people to originally make characters are ignorant, cocky children, who are an absolute nightmare.
-They have put in place rules for the arenas such as
-No feral druids
-No prot warriors
-No holy paladins
-So, ya know, just come play arenas for fun, just make sure it's not a class that frustrates us or anything, since we'll get all pissed off.
...Honestly, this server is horrible. The people are just downright morons. Do yourself a favor and play on Vashj or Aerie Peak.

(I'm sure this server will be pre-boa until these retards get boa, then they'll change the rules to "use them if you have them")
what the fuck...? who said anything about hpals getting banned, and did u not read the post right above u? It pretty much said the fucking opposite of what you are trying to tell people. NOTHING IS BANNED, BOAS CAN BE USED IF THE OTHER TEAM AGREES, LEARN TO READ.

You all really should have thought this through before starting anything. I'd be surprised if this goes anywhere.

You all really should have thought this through before starting anything. I'd be surprised if this goes anywhere.
this isn't even the main thread, so we are still making things, people are just jumping on every little thing i fucking say man, its ridiculous.

For example i mention a ban on feral druids, and this vino guy comes up with this shit on bans on hpals and prot wars, like one of the first people to make a toon made an hpal, people are just jumping to conclusion. When the main thread is put out, everything will be cleared up.

this isn't even the main thread, so we are still making things, people are just jumping on every little thing i fucking say man, its ridiculous.

What did you expect? The first thing on TI about this server should have BEEN the main thread. You made judgement calls about casters and certain classes without taking into account the wishes of people you'd like to roll there. You were pretty murky about gear standards. You also stated this was meant to be an 'arena queue' server and not meant to steal people from their main servers. Then you go on to say people are planning to main there.

I don't think as an individual you have what it takes to lead something like this. No offense.

What did you expect? The first thing on TI about this server should have BEEN the main thread. You made judgement calls about casters and certain classes without taking into account the wishes of people you'd like to roll there. You were pretty murky about gear standards. You also stated this was meant to be an 'arena queue' server and not meant to steal people from their main servers. Then you go on to say people are planning to main there.

I don't think as an individual you have what it takes to lead something like this. No offense.
The people maining here aren't "stolen" if its what they decide to do, and it states on the poll, "would u make a toon on this server IF it was made?", now some people decided to make characters based off of this thread, 24 people to be exact at the moment, and they all know that things are still being switched around. It is your opinion that you don't think i can lead this, and thats fine. But people wouldn't roll here if i was a noob, and didnt know anything, not saying thats what you implied. I do see this server going somewhere.

The people maining here aren't "stolen" if its what they decide to do, and it states on the poll, "would u make a toon on this server IF it was made?", now some people decided to make characters based off of this thread, 24 people to be exact at the moment, and they all know that things are still being switched around. It is your opinion that you don't think i can lead this, and thats fine. But people wouldn't roll here if i was a noob, and didnt know anything, not saying thats what you implied. I do see this server going somewhere.

Good luck!

WoWScrnShot_050913_201848_zps45265ee2.jpg

A F2P server made for arenas. This is Korgath US, and we welcome all who are interested. We hope to have arenas going all of the time, and many people to que with.​

This is an Alliance Based Server:
The server will be mainly Alliance because we want everyone on one faction so it is easier to put teams together. Also because everyone will most likely hang out in Goldshire, and who doesn't love Goldshire? :D

Arenas:
There will be 2 types of arena matches, regular matches which could be casual and friendly or competitive, and rated, which players will have a set team, and it will be 3v3 with 1 spectator on each team to make sure the match wins are legit, and will be recorded on a different thread. Nerfs may be issued to certain classes in ranked. The ranked matches will come later on when we have a stable community, and people who are geared enough to not be at a disadvantage against others.

Server Info:
THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THIS SERVER, but if you want to roll an OP class, it may put you at a disadvantage if people don't want to play with you or against you, so think before you choose what class you want to play. Considered OP classes in f2p arenas are Prot warriors and Feral druids at the moment. It is fine if you wan't to roll one of these classes, because I am sure you will find people to play with and against, but just not as much as you would playing a different class, but if it is what you have the most fun playing as, go for it. There is always a shortage on healers though if you may be interested in playing one in arenas :).

Addressing Heirlooms:
If you wan't to use BoA's, the other team must agree with it, and keep in mind that most players would love to just do some matches, and would use pre boa sets against you, so you don't need to worry about grinding your BoA's in a hurry, but just wait for those Call to Arms we all love to come, and then grab a few heirlooms. I know a lot of you wish to have boa weapons on casters and I am fine with that, and if it would make your playing experience more fun, then you go ahead and get it, but as stated before not everyone will have the boa weapon right away. I really do encourage people to roll casters and not just melee.

Tournaments and Events:
We plan to have tournaments and events on this server, and they will have rules in order to make sure everything is fair. Nerfs may be issued to certain classes. Links to tournament and event threads will be posted here.

Raid Call:
We plan on using the program Raid Call as a main source of communication between players, whether it's to organize arena matches, use it to communicate with teammates, ask for help or tips, or just chill and get to know everyone. Raid Call is a program like Ventrillo, but much better quality, and has a chatbox for those who don't own mics. To get Raid Call and onto the Free to Play Arena group, this is what you will do. Here is a link to the download: RaidCall-100% FREE Group Communication Software- IM, Group Communication and Voice Chat. After you have downloaded it, make your account, and log in. Then you will go to the search bar and type in or copy/paste the ID number to our group, which is : 6193589 . After you hit enter, a group named Free to Play Arena will pop up, just click on that and you are in.

Live Streams and Videos:
My livestream is Hylunn and I plan on streaming arenas here. If anyone else plans on streaming their own arenas or making videos, tell me and I will gladly post it up on the thread. Live streaming and recording arena games is a great way to improve yourself by going back and watching your matches, seeing what you could do better the next time.

Random Info:
Though we encourage people to main on the server, you do not have to, but we also encourage you to just make 1 pre boa character so you can hop on whenever you wan't and do some arenas with us. We hope to build a strong, friendly, and helpful community, and a more personal community as well with the Raid Call. Actually talking to people instead of just typing to them makes you more noticed, and not just another random player.

For those new to the f2p addon, if you used to roll alone on another server, here is a link to a thread on how to get it / use it.: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/yasuehs-macros-addons-f2p-21104/

If anyone ever needs help with anything, I will always be available when I'm on the server or on TI to help you out. My character in-game is Dorfystein and Hylunn. To all of you making toons I can't wait to see you there. And if you decide to roll here, if you could post your toon's name I would appreciate it.

WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME MORE CASTERS AND HEALERS

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f180/korgath-us-arena-server-48816/#post657467
Hey all! This is just a small update on the arena server people are joining in on. Figured i'd throw my support behind the idea, as Im always down to help others and get the interested in something new.

About 41% of the community there is composed of players that have never done arena before, so for any players wary of joining the scene, you arent alone. There are other players here that you can start improving against that are at your current skill level, and are as baffled as you are when it comes to what to do in an arena match.

Keep in mind the server is not ONLY for arena, plenty of players still enjoy BGs just like any other server. With plenty of P2Ps around, grouping is never an issue. If you simply want a fresh start, or a new toon, come here and meet new people to play with :]

For those still unsure, some of the players more versed with the arena scene are happy to offer you their help and teach! If you're interested in becoming a skilled arena player, come and try it out. All players listed below will take time to guide you if needed:

Twinkentstein/Hylunn
Wizkidonex/Swagcleavic
Kahr
Fael/Laurin
Yeayoumadx

Should you have any other questions feel free to PM me or ask here!

Hey all! This is just a small update on the arena server people are joining in on. Figured i'd throw my support behind the idea, as Im always down to help others and get the interested in something new.

About 41% of the community there is composed of players that have never done arena before, so for any players wary of joining the scene, you arent alone. There are other players here that you can start improving against that are at your current skill level, and are as baffled as you are when it comes to what to do in an arena match.

Keep in mind the server is not ONLY for arena, plenty of players still enjoy BGs just like any other server. With plenty of P2Ps around, grouping is never an issue. If you simply want a fresh start, or a new toon, come here and meet new people to play with :]

For those still unsure, some of the players more versed with the arena scene are happy to offer you their help and teach! If you're interested in becoming a skilled arena player, come and try it out. All players listed below will take time to guide you if needed:

Twinkentstein/Hylunn
Wizkidonex/Swagcleavic
Kahr
Fael/Laurin
Yeayoumadx

Should you have any other questions feel free to PM me or ask here!
Yeah, I can help in raid call and skype if anyone needs it. :)

Just a little side note: if you're obviously new to arena and want to improve, don't ignore someone who is on the people to ask list. Had an encounter with someone this evening who didn't want to hear anything I had to say and insisted I made no sense. Its quite frustrating trying to help someone improve if they don't want to listen.

Simply put, if you want to arena with quality players just come to AP Horde. No need to reinvent the wheel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread