Arena Server

Would you make a toon on this server if it was made?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
who tf uses track humanoid in arenas? Also, never have i once missed a pet cc ability either. And if u honestly think i dont know how to play hunter, please roll on this server, i would love to arena against you. Btw, if u noticed something like track humanoid, and not RoS and Bulleaded being on, you are probably bsing, becuz i have that turned off.

Also, if u are trying to make me look bad by pointing out dumb shit like professions and humanoid tracking, to make people not roll a toon here, it's not working.

EDIT: Also Earl, a lot of ur friends are making/have 20's on this server that are in on this idea, so I don't see why you have such a big problem with it, unless u just have a problem with me for some reason, I thought u were a kool guy, did bgs with u on skype before, what do u have against me all of a sudden?

Both times i noticed it, it was in BGs, not arenas.

I'd make a toon if it was more successful than AP, last I played AP horde it seemed dead and crappy so I decided to make my old rogue P2P

Not so big on an "arena queue" server doing:

1. Banning classes (for whatever reason. Period. Slippery slope argument applies here. Get over yourself and learn how to beat a VERY easy class to counter).

2. Made on Alliance. This favors agility classes (Creator has a hunter...interesting that he bans Feral druids but not hunters :D ), due to Rifle Commander's Eyepatch, Alluwyn's Legguards, and Ello's Band. Which are all allowed for all classes, by the way.

3. No Heirlooms allowed. I certainly hope the OP realizes that (he has refused to answer me on Korgath when I ask him this question) some classes REQUIRE heirlooms to be on any certain level with other classes. Casters receive spell power from intellect in a 1:1 ratio, whereas agility/strength classes receive attack power in a ratio of 1:2. A non-heirloom hunter will end with something like 300 attack power, whereas a mage will end with around 90 spell power. SO let's do some basic multiplication, 90x2 = 180. There are 120 "ability power" points missing from mage scaling that hunters and other attack power classes will have.

tl;dr for #3 : Casters need the BoA staff to have scaling anything similar to attack power classes (My BiS rdruid has 138 spell power, which is still short of the 150 equivalency. Whatever. But they need the staff. Period).

4. AGM and LFH are allowed. Level 90's have a queue to help the f2p's get these pieces of gear. And since they are not heirloom, they are not banned.

All of this information was garnered from asking questions on Korgath-Alliance.

Now I challenge the OP to respond with something other than "if you don't like it, then don't make a character here." That's an immature response. Of course I don't like it, and of course I won't be making a competitive toon on what is currently a gear/class/faction circle jerk server.

Instead I challenge him to either fix the problems by changing a few of the rules (sometimes obstinacy is NOT a virtue) or to argue as to why they should be kept the same (I would love to see him try.)

Humbly yours,

Bop

Why are people fighting against an arena server? No one if forcing you to roll a toon there, if you don't want to arena there then don't? How does it affect you?

Not so big on an "arena queue" server doing:

1. Banning classes (for whatever reason. Period. Slippery slope argument applies here. Get over yourself and learn how to beat a VERY easy class to counter).

2. Made on Alliance. This favors agility classes (Creator has a hunter...interesting that he bans Feral druids but not hunters :D ), due to Rifle Commander's Eyepatch, Alluwyn's Legguards, and Ello's Band. Which are all allowed for all classes, by the way.

3. No Heirlooms allowed. I certainly hope the OP realizes that (he has refused to answer me on Korgath when I ask him this question) some classes REQUIRE heirlooms to be on any certain level with other classes. Casters receive spell power from intellect in a 1:1 ratio, whereas agility/strength classes receive attack power in a ratio of 1:2. A non-heirloom hunter will end with something like 300 attack power, whereas a mage will end with around 90 spell power. SO let's do some basic multiplication, 90x2 = 180. There are 120 "ability power" points missing from mage scaling that hunters and other attack power classes will have.

tl;dr for #3 : Casters need the BoA staff to have scaling anything similar to attack power classes (My BiS rdruid has 138 spell power, which is still short of the 150 equivalency. Whatever. But they need the staff. Period).

4. AGM and LFH are allowed. Level 90's have a queue to help the f2p's get these pieces of gear. And since they are not heirloom, they are not banned.

All of this information was garnered from asking questions on Korgath-Alliance.

Now I challenge the OP to respond with something other than "if you don't like it, then don't make a character here." That's an immature response. Of course I don't like it, and of course I won't be making a competitive toon on what is currently a gear/class/faction circle jerk server.

Instead I challenge him to either fix the problems by changing a few of the rules (sometimes obstinacy is NOT a virtue) or to argue as to why they should be kept the same (I would love to see him try.)

Humbly yours,

Bop
First, i answered every thing you asked, and replied to all the things you said, like stating that rogues are just as OP as feral druids. I think anyone would agree with me on the feral druid ban. 2nd I told u agm was allowed and then changed my mind when i thought about it, and said it in the chat, and also LFH isn't that big of an advantage in arenas. Third, I think your cute little ratios are hilarious, because they honestly mean nothing, because in 3s, casters are fine if you play right. Fourth, you are making yourself look like a jackass. If you think that telling you to not roll here if you don't like it is immature, even though thats what you said you are doing, and sounds pretty mature to me, then i will tell u in a more "mature way". Gtfo, we don't need people like you here trying to enforce your stupidity on everyone else. What the fuck does gear/class/circlejerk mean ROFL. It's going to be one faction so everyone can communicate better, the gear is going to be pre boa for everyone in the beginning so everyone has a fair chance, and if u mean just cuz i banned feral druid, and everyone else agrees, a circlejerk, i think you just dont want to deal with the fact that you are wrong.

Also if you havent noticed, there are no set rules yet for the server, because i haven't even made the real thread for it, so please dont listen to anything this guy has said, and the things i've said in this thread or on the server can be changed. Everything goes for now, besides the feral ban.

Why are people fighting against an arena server? No one if forcing you to roll a toon there, if you don't want to arena there then don't? How does it affect you?

Because for a period of time (however brief, and have no doubt it will be brief) people are going to be switching over to that server to create toons and inevitably gear them up past Dungeon Blues. The best possible scenario for f2p's is to have as many as possible on one server. That promotes a general community that will lead to premades and arenas naturally.

Instead what is happening is that the players who competitively arena are moving to one server. The creator believes that his "arena queue" server will send an invitation to otherwise newer players to try out arena, but most likely the opposite will be proven true. Experienced arena players will move to playing arena on a server that is completely separate from the target group of new inexperienced, yet curious, arena players.

tl;dr - A shifting of players (for ANY amount of time, regardless of whether or not they are maining on that server) is never a good thing.

I am aware that the OP doesn't believe that this server has to be for maining, but inevitably players are going to want to spend more time in arena than gear grinding.

Because for a period of time (however brief, and have no doubt it will be brief) people are going to be switching over to that server to create toons and inevitably gear them up past Dungeon Blues. The best possible scenario for f2p's is to have as many as possible on one server. That promotes a general community that will lead to premades and arenas naturally.

Instead what is happening is that the players who competitively arena are moving to one server. The creator believes that his "arena queue" server will send an invitation to otherwise newer players to try out arena, but most likely the opposite will be proven true. Experienced arena players will move to playing arena on a server that is completely separate from the target group of new inexperienced, yet curious, arena players.

tl;dr - A shifting of players (for ANY amount of time, regardless of whether or not they are maining on that server) is never a good thing.

I am aware that the OP doesn't believe that this server has to be for maining, but inevitably players are going to want to spend more time in arena than gear grinding.
This is also very funny, because i plan on doing arenas with anyone who asks me, and im sure that a lot of others do too. I don't know where you come up this all this crap, but its quite amusing.

Honestly I must say I agree with bop, try playing a mage w/o a boa staff and you hit like a wet noodle. As far as the feral ban goes, ferals in 3s are easy enough to counter. It takes 10 sec to set up a FB, in that time your hunter/warrior/rogue is fucking up their healer. Also ferals can be CCd, Thunderpunt, scatter, pet stuns, Hoj, warbringer, POM sheep outta form, fear, FoF, sap. There are plenty of ways to deal with a feral.

Honestly I must say I agree with bop, try playing a mage w/o a boa staff and you hit like a wet noodle. As far as the feral ban goes, ferals in 3s are easy enough to counter. It takes 10 sec to set up a FB, in that time your hunter/warrior/rogue is fucking up their healer. Also ferals can be CCd, Thunderpunt, scatter, pet stuns, Hoj, warbringer, POM sheep outta form, fear, FoF, sap. There are plenty of ways to deal with a feral.
This is a good reason why people should roll here if they think this way about arenas, if you would like to join the server i welcome you, because you seem like you have a lot to learn.

First, i answered every thing you asked, and replied to all the things you said, like stating that rogues are just as OP as feral druids. I think anyone would agree with me on the feral druid ban. 2nd I told u agm was allowed and then changed my mind when i thought about it, and said it in the chat, and also LFH isn't that big of an advantage in arenas. Third, I think your cute little ratios are hilarious, because they honestly mean nothing, because in 3s, casters are fine if you play right. Fourth, you are making yourself look like a jackass. If you think that telling you to not roll here if you don't like it is immature, even though thats what you said you are doing, and sounds pretty mature to me, then i will tell u in a more "mature way". Gtfo, we don't need people like you here trying to enforce your stupidity on everyone else. What the fuck does gear/class/circlejerk mean ROFL. It's going to be one faction so everyone can communicate better, the gear is going to be pre boa for everyone in the beginning so everyone has a fair chance, and if u mean just cuz i banned feral druid, and everyone else agrees, a circlejerk, i think you just dont want to deal with the fact that you are wrong.

Also if you havent noticed, there are no set rules yet for the server, because i haven't even made the real thread for it, so please dont listen to anything this guy has said, and the things i've said in this thread or on the server can be changed. Everything goes for now, besides the feral ban.

Not even worth responding to once the debate has fallen to the level of profanity and name calling.

Good idea, bad preparation, terrible obstinacy.

I implore any arena player reading this to stick to their respective servers.

You cant deny that casters lose a ton more dmg off weapon than hunters do, and its just my opinion that you should be able to burst through a healer before a feral globals someone.
Casters lose dmg, but its not a big issue at all, because casters are very valuable to play with for their cc, and they can still hit pretty hard pre boa. If its comps that you are worried about that are running wizards, you just have to realize that some comps are better than others like at endgame, but if you can outplay the other team, then thats great.

I tried explaining this to him, Ferals can't just magically create a 1200 crit, it has to have TONS of build up, during which time they are doing little to no damage to their target. If he wants to go crazy with the ban hammer, then why not hunters?

They have a crazy amount of mechanics, and any experienced arena player knows that what unbalances the game is mechanics, and very rarely pure damage scaling.

Also, mages are trash without boa staves. Some other classes need them as well just to be useful.

The OP is entitled to his/her opinion. But that most CERTAINLY does not make it the correct one.

Not even worth responding to once the debate has fallen to the level of profanity and name calling.

Good idea, bad preparation, terrible obstinacy.

I implore any arena player reading this to stick to their respective servers.

Its not even a debate, first of all, second it wouldn't have led to profanity if u didnt say if you don't like it leave is an immature answer, but you did so i gave you a real immature answer, though im not like that, you just pushed me with you're know it all attitude, third, this is not a main thread for the server so you can't even say it was badly prepared rofl, and if you think im being stubborn, when you won't agree with ferals being too OP in arenas, you are a hypocrite. As for what you said though that is your opinion, and thats fine. I just think your opinion is funny.

EDIT: Btw your comment looks like the comment of a person who knows they're wrong, but is trying to weasel their way out with pointing out silly things like profanity, to try and make me look like the bad guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

So we should all just totally start a movement against rolling toons on other servers that don't have established communities.... I should go delete my toons on realms with no community because I'm preventing fun and experience for newcomers that will arrive on Blackwing lair... Actually maybe bendandcough shouldn't have advertised Blackwing Lair in the first place because we took people away from vashj and aerie peak and ruined their premades and arenas

People are forgetting this is a game, WHO CARES what happens to a pixeled community we'll all live. Going to a different realm and never going on AP again is the same as leaving the game all together (in the eyes of someone on AP who would never see them again if they stayed on the new realm)... Don't leave the game and have a life, people need to arena and premade on AP!!!!

People can have an opinion about anything they want to. Ferals are banned because they destroy players who don't know how to counter them.

You use so much faulty logic, and talk in such large blocks of text, I really don't want to take my time to tear it all down. Besides, it makes no difference at all. You have your earplugs in and you're shouting the same statements over and over again. Not worth my time.

So I'll do this one last time, just for you. If I had anything better to do, honestly I would probably just leave you and your followers to their mess-up of an idea.

To Hairy. One word: Arena. Not only are arena players being taken to do games on his "arena queue" server, but exclusively arena players are being taken. Why do you think new players with no experience in arena are suddenly going to mystically pop up on his server and start playing? It's lunacy.

To Twinkenstein:

I say that you're immature because you haven't given a single thought to anyone else's suggestions. In fact, from the moment I offered ideas to you on Korgath, you dismissed them without a second thought. Sounds like a know-it-all to me. Additionally, you went from saying "All of this isn't going to change, sorry. Just the way I'm running things" on Korgath, to this crap about everything still being TBD when you get on Twinkinfo.

And you must certainly be shortsighted if you think the control from a mage is the only balanced contribution they can bring to the team. And when someone else points out to you that casters need staves to provide damage (note: still less than a hunter, who has arguably as much control via slows, disorients, and stuns), you call them a noobish player who needs to learn the secrets of arena from your masterful arena server and its group of arena experts.

Speaking of which, nice linked account arena achievements. Truly, they are cute.

You have Vengefully Dedicated! Very nice! That's a lot of arena wins! But no 1550 achievements? Aww, that's a pity.

Well forgive me if I don't put much stock into your opinions, sir. Feel free to look me up on wowarmory :) that would be a B + alt 0214 + P.

I don't know it all, but I know a hell of a lot more than you.

People can have an opinion about anything they want to. Ferals are banned because they destroy players who don't know how to counter them.

You use so much faulty logic, and talk in such large blocks of text, I really don't want to take my time to tear it all down. Besides, it makes no difference at all. You have your earplugs in and you're shouting the same statements over and over again. Not worth my time.

So I'll do this one last time, just for you. If I had anything better to do, honestly I would probably just leave you and your followers to their mess-up of an idea.

To Hairy. One word: Arena. Not only are arena players being taken to do games on his "arena queue" server, but exclusively arena players are being taken. Why do you think new players with no experience in arena are suddenly going to mystically pop up on his server and start playing? It's lunacy.

To Twinkenstein:

I say that you're immature because you haven't given a single thought to anyone else's suggestions. In fact, from the moment I offered ideas to you on Korgath, you dismissed them without a second thought. Sounds like a know-it-all to me. Additionally, you went from saying "All of this isn't going to change, sorry. Just the way I'm running things" on Korgath, to this crap about everything still being TBD when you get on Twinkinfo.

And you must certainly be shortsighted if you think the control from a mage is the only balanced contribution they can bring to the team. And when someone else points out to you that casters need staves to provide damage (note: still less than a hunter, who has arguably as much control via slows, disorients, and stuns), you call them a noobish player who needs to learn the secrets of arena from your masterful arena server and its group of arena experts.

Speaking of which, nice linked account arena achievements. Truly, they are cute.

You have Vengefully Dedicated! Very nice! That's a lot of arena wins! But no 1550 achievements? Aww, that's a pity.

Well forgive me if I don't put much stock into your opinions, sir. Feel free to look me up on wowarmory :) that would be a B + alt 0214 + P.

I don't know it all, but I know a hell of a lot more than you.
amazing, you found my 90s achievements, which is a monk that was in full blues at the end of season 12, you truly are amazing. Now i see that you are just trying to make yourself look better than everyone else and look like you know what you are talking about. If you want to post stupid crap like this that contributes nothing to this thread, please, pm me instead. And way to just brush off those 2 threads i linked there, just trying to make yourself seem like you know what you are talking about again.

Also i totally forgot this was the 90 bracket.

That's all the ground you have to stand on, and it's not much ground at all. Don't try to tell other people about arena, it may come back to bite you in the ass one day when someone actually DOES know what they're talking about.

You could have 50 threads saying that ferals are overpowered. Just like you could have 50 threads saying that Arms warriors, for example, are overpowered. Just because you have other people who find something overpowered does not make it so. I mean for God's sake, some of them may have even LESS arena experience than yourself.

I've already made my statement about this thread. And every time you try to come up with a snazzy comeback attacking my character, my intelligence, or calling me a hypocrite, I do believe I have a right to respond.

Quit trying to make yourself out to be an authority figure, it isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread