Anonymous Keep/Remove Poll

What do you want to do with Anonymous posting?

• Keep as is

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Remove completely

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • Fix it for truly new users (based on source IP, if not known allow anon post)

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Post, but unable to make threads

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expel? Its more or less force them to do what they are already supposed to do. The "feature" sucks and isnt supported by all too many, get over it.

Expel? Its more or less force them to do what they are already supposed to do. The "feature" sucks and isnt supported by all too many, get over it.
We shouldn't be forcing groups of people to do anything, it's wrong, and in this case it's discriminatory.

A concept is a concept regardless of the scale it manifests.

Sure, but whether or not anons can post on a site is not the same concept as expelling people to make an ethno-state. Its not scale - its just a bad analogy designed to bias people one way or another on the issue by liking it to obviously bad things.

Actually this wouldn't be considered a democratic vote, it would be considered direct democracy, which is a facet of many political ideologies. Unfortunately Anon's can't vote, and we are voting to expel people in their desired presence, so it's entirely corrupt.

Also i'm much further to the left than the liberal snowflakes who read CNN like the bible and are afraid to get their hands dirty.

Again, bringing politics into this doesn't really serve any purpose except to incite people. This isn't a government and this isn't an official government position. This is a forum for a tiny subset of people who like to play WoW not at max level. Its not even a binding vote or anything. Its a poll to gather information.

And anons CAN vote...by creating an account or log into their existing account. They can then log out again and continue to be anonymous.

@Conq - How difficult is it to actually limit anons to being able to post, but not create threads?

Sure, but whether or not anons can post on a site is not the same concept as expelling people to make an ethno-state. Its not scale - its just a bad analogy designed to bias people one way or another on the issue by liking it to obviously bad things.

Again, bringing politics into this doesn't really serve any purpose except to incite people. This isn't a government and this isn't an official government position. This is a forum for a tiny subset of people who like to play WoW not at max level. Its not even a binding vote or anything. Its a poll to gather information.

And anons CAN vote...by creating an account or log into their existing account. They can then log out again and continue to be anonymous.

@Conq - How difficult is it to actually limit anons to being able to post, but not create threads?
I'm unsure how difficult that would be, that being said the political analogies are just my response to someone else already making a political point. Yet the fact is that forcing someone to identify as something that's not what they want to identify as, is very wrong, weather it be an issue of race, sexual orientation, gender, or anything really.

This shit is comedy. I now understand why people hate xpoff.
I mean you may as well tell a transgender person they have to identify as something other than what they are in order to vote, it's just wrong.

These anon's are apart of our society, it doesn't matter if they don't have a name, this vote is illegitimate because it only allows some to partake. It is corrupt by nature. I'm not saying that was the OP's intent, but it is what it is all the same.

We shouldn't be forcing groups of people to do anything, it's wrong, and in this case it's discriminatory.
We definitely should. Order and Chaos mate, its tipping towards chaos and unreliability with anons.

I mean you may as well tell a transgender person they have to identify as something other than what they are in order to vote, it's just wrong.
That seems like a huge step from just removing anon's that only a handful of people actually like from a twinking website.

So... lets not make them identify anything. THEY CAN BE ANYTHING THE WANT. Prettyunicornfarts. dirtysocks. A. B. 7. 6.
Literally anything. Simply identify as a person. Or can people be allowed to not identify as human? or have a name? or be a person? this is literally mind-boggling people think like this.

I'm unsure how difficult that would be, that being said the political analogies are just my response to someone else already making a political point. Yet the fact is that forcing someone to identify as something that's not what they want to identify as, is very wrong, weather it be an issue of race, sexual orientation, gender, or anything really.

Do you think you could look into figuring out how difficult that would be? If xenforo supports anonymous posting, I'd imagine there are settings to determine what exactly they can do. Given that the poll very clearly shows the regular user's opinions - it'd be good for the staff to actually make a new thread (with hopefully less shitposting) acknowledging that it might be an issue and what some options might be.

And responding in kind and/or escalating other people's incendiary political posts just throws the thread more off track.

As to the last point...making an account is not even close to forcing someone to identify as something they don't want to. If anything, since this is the internet and you would really only be identified by a username that YOU get to choose - you have full control over how you want to identify and present yourself. Hell, you can even be like @anonymouse and still be "anon".

Rofl... this is literally hilarious. You are taking this small issue of whether or not it is fair for the community to have to wade through SOME anonymous nonsense simply because the FEW are too lazy to type in a trucking username and password. How much of their ever precious time would this actually take up.

The fact that you are trying to relate this to some sort of fascism or silencing is comedy. How old are you? I'm assuming you are a student at berkley or davis by the amount of ignorant trigger words used throughout that post.

Hoping I don't get banned for saying this to you but someone needs to. Save yourself the nonsense, and stop feeding people's absolute laziness.

Literally blows my mind people think like this, unless you are trolling and actually want the community to implode. If that is the case, bravo for your showmanship.

Conq is far-left and doesn't hide it. I think the proper way to respond would be more along the lines of "Building the ethnostate for all races not just whites would only require everyone negotiating together who wants to continue to be part of the social experiment that is a fully multiculturalist nation and those who do not want to participate"

Actually I have no clue what we're talking about anymore how is removing anonymous posting stopping anyone from getting to post?

As to the last point...making an account is not even close to forcing someone to identify as something they don't want to.
Conq is far-left and doesn't hide it. I think the proper way to respond would be more along the lines of "Building the ethnostate for all races not just whites would only require everyone negotiating together who wants to continue to be part of the social experiment that is a fully multiculturalist nation and those who do not want to participate"

Actually I have no clue what we're talking about anymore how is removing anonymous posting stopping anyone from getting to post?
Lol thank you, if a person wants to use this forum as an anonymous unregistered user, that doesn't put any personal information in aside from the IP registered when they access the site, it is their right to do so, taking that away would be wrong.

let me just throw in my 2 cents here. i've actually never liked the anon ordeal as i dislike having to moderate it. albeit we know who quite a few of the anons are (its really easy actually), i'm all for it being removed as i'd like to put names to these "adorable" troll posts lately.

It seems everyone is against this nonsense @Conq and you are being a fascist dictator with your ideology that few, if not none, of us share. I don't even want to relate this to politics as this is a fucking twinking website for world of warcraft. But obviously someone has taken a couple classes as the U and wants to sound intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread