Anonymous Keep/Remove Poll

What do you want to do with Anonymous posting?

• Keep as is

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Remove completely

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • Fix it for truly new users (based on source IP, if not known allow anon post)

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Post, but unable to make threads

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems everyone is against this nonsense @Conq and you are being a fascist dictator with your ideology that few, if not none, of us share. I don't even want to relate this to politics as this is a trucking twinking website for world of warcraft. But obviously someone has taken a couple classes as the U and wants to sound intelligent.
yeah but the anon minority needs defending tho bro

Shits a joke.

Lol thank you, if a person wants to use this forum as an anonymous unregistered user, that doesn't put any personal information in aside from the IP registered when they access the site, it is their right to do so, taking that away would be wrong.

...what information is required to signup? A username (which can be fully anonymous), an email (easily anonymous by making one of many free accounts or even using a temporary mail service like guerilla mail), a gender (which can be unspecified), and a date of birth (which I'm certainly not using my real one).

And agreeing to the terms/rules (...do anons have to agree to the terms/rules currently? )
ThinkingFace

So theres really no other personal information than the IP that anons are already "giving up"

It seems everyone is against this nonsense @Conq and you are being a fascist dictator with your ideology that few, if not none, of us share. I don't even want to relate this to politics as this is a trucking twinking website for world of warcraft. But obviously someone has taken a couple classes as the U and wants to sound intelligent.
You're entitled to believe that, but if you think even a fraction of the community has spoken in this thread you're sadly mistaken.
[doublepost=1520373282,1520373179][/doublepost]Also i'm self-educated, I never took a college course in any of this, I just know what 1+1=

Last edited by a moderator:
let me just throw in my 2 cents here. i've actually never liked the anon ordeal as i dislike having to moderate it. albeit we know who quite a few of the anons are (its really easy actually), i'm all for it being removed as i'd like to put names to these "adorable" troll posts lately.
Not to mention that we honestly don't have the man power to properly moderate it at the moment.

HAHAHAHAHAH NOW THINGS REALLY MAKE SENSE.
1+1= stop watching CNN so much
I absolutely hate CNN, it is neo-liberal and fascist enabling propaganda and my education has been more than adequately sublimated by my environment, the people I associate with IRL (mostly journalists, scientists, hackers, and activists these days), and my personal interests. If you intend to make me feel like my opinion is less valuable because I didn't waist 10s of thousands of dollars on college, than you will have to try harder than that.

Btw my opinions are all based on dialectics so :LUL:

I absolutely hate CNN, it is neo-liberal and fascist enabling propaganda and my education has been more than adequately sublimated by my environment, the people I associate with IRL (mostly journalists, scientists, hackers, and activists these days), and my personal interests. If you intend to make me feel like my opinion is less valuable because I didn't waist 10s of thousands of dollars on college, than you will have to try harder than that.

Glad you said its your opinion, meaning it isnt fact. While it is a fact that it takes less than 1 minute to make an account.

We can tell you didn't WAIST very much money on college dude. We just want to have things as simple and toxic-free as possible. Your views seem to be the problem and not the solution. Pin this post and try to see what the whole community thinks.

And honestly i REALLY hope they read our dialogue here.

Glad you said its your opinion, meaning it isnt fact. While it is a fact that it takes less than 1 minute to make an account.
4dae98f97af7bf3c332695848900cfbc.png

https://gyazo.com/4dae98f97af7bf3c332695848900cfbc

It's not a bad idea considering how America is destroying the world one bomb at a time. Might even have a lot less dead people, then again American elections are less legitimate than even this vote
Let isis roam freely in the middle-east sounds like a good idea, right?

Let isis roam freely in the middle-east sounds like a good idea, right?
See you are misinformed, which many Americans are whom don't have direct lines of communication to people who actually see what happens. The US supports "moderate rebels" there is no such thing, those moderate rebels cut children heads off and womens breasts off, and set them on fire. they are literally just ISIS, whom are also assisting the NATO member turkey, there is a great deal of misinformation and propaganda surrounding this put out but the mainstream media.

See you are misinformed, which many Americans are whom don't have direct lines of communication to people who have actually see what happens. The US supports "moderate rebels" there is no such thing, those moderate rebels cut children heads off and womens breasts off, and set them on fire. they are literally just ISIS, whom are also assisting the NATO member turkey, there is a great deal of misinformation and propaganda surrounding this put out but the mainstream media.

Soooo.. anons are good?

So ignoring the continuing flame war...it sounds like...

1. The poll definitely shows that regular users don't like the anon feature.
2. The admins have an increased load of moderation to deal with
3. It is not difficult to limit anons to replies only.

It seems pretty reasonable to consider doing a trial period where anons can't make new threads - and then evaluate it after a few weeks. The downside to consider is that theoretically a newbie could come to the site, want to start a thread to ask about something where there isn't an existing thread - and then when they can't make a thread, decide they can't be bothered to actually go through the account making process and xpoff could lose a potential member. Which seems like a rather small chance of that actually happening. Or the other downside of an existing user not wanting to have to click the 'login' button up top to create a new thread...

So I dunno what the staff's decision making process is...but just throwing that out there.

PS - though seriously...anons don't have to agree to the terms and conditions. Not when posting/replying or starting a new thread. Not sure how much that matters legally. I assume the terms apply to anyone using the "Service" - but doesn't that need to be actually presented at some point?

So ignoring the continuing flame war...it sounds like...

1. The poll definitely shows that regular users don't like the anon feature.
2. The admins have an increased load of moderation to deal with
3. It is not difficult to limit anons to replies only.

It seems pretty reasonable to consider doing a trial period where anons can't make new threads - and then evaluate it after a few weeks. The downside to consider is that theoretically a newbie could come to the site, want to start a thread to ask about something where there isn't an existing thread - and then when they can't make a thread, decide they can't be bothered to actually go through the account making process and xpoff could lose a potential member. Which seems like a rather small chance of that actually happening. Or the other downside of an existing user not wanting to have to click the 'login' button up top to create a new thread...

So I dunno what the staff's decision making process is...but just throwing that out there.

PS - though seriously...anons don't have to agree to the terms and conditions. Not when posting/replying or starting a new thread. Not sure how much that matters legally. I assume the terms apply to anyone using the "Service" - but doesn't that need to be actually presented at some point?

This pretty well summarizes the problem. Seems all staff are against Conq's view on the issue. But then again, he cant be bothered with compromise.

Lefty btw, argue against facts btw, give the people what they want bananons2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread