A guide to HASTE and its benefits

Making a priest at the moment with:
Lifeblood - Spell - World of Warcraft
Musty Tome of the Lost - Item - World of Warcraft
Devout Aurastone Hammer - Item - World of Warcraft
+Swift Hand of Justice - Item - World of Warcraft or possibly Discerning Eye of the Beast - Item - World of Warcraft
And the haste cloak and belt from Satchel of Helpful Goods - Item - World of Warcraft
Would that b haste overkill or?
Im thinking LFH AGM and MM will give me plenty of stamina for surviability.

Im going for 1hand + off hand becuz everybody wears the staff :p

Last edited by a moderator:
+Swift Hand of Justice - Item - World of Warcraft or possibly Discerning Eye of the Beast - Item - World of Warcraft
And the haste cloak and belt from Satchel of Helpful Goods - Item - World of Warcraft

musty sorc belt and cloak and lb will suffice no need for trinkets.

This is a cool guide, but it is more specific than just a Haste Guide.

This is a guide for how haste affects DoTs in the bracket. When it comes to hardcasts, there are no caps other than the GCD (which scales with haste from 1.50 seconds to a hard cap of 1.00 seconds).

So any spell that requires more than 33% haste to drop below the 1.00 second cast mark is over-cap.

had the same idea with a friend of mine,
only we are planning either go troll Shaman or troll Boomkin
since both spirit convert to hit, should be worry about missing any spells

Troll for Berserking 20%haste buff 10 sec,

Shaman for quick gather 7 stack of Fulmination
but due to offhand isn't a shield, it can't block frontal melee attack.

Boomkin can stack with Eclipse, can make the 2-2.7 cast time cast faster

had the same idea with a friend of mine,
only we are planning either go troll Shaman or troll Boomkin
since both spirit convert to hit, should be worry about missing any spells

Troll for Berserking 20%haste buff 10 sec,

Shaman for quick gather 7 stack of Fulmination
but due to offhand isn't a shield, it can't block frontal melee attack.

Boomkin can stack with Eclipse, can make the 2-2.7 cast time cast faster

Shaman with full haste (Back, Chest [Darkmoon robe], belt, trinkets x2, and offhand [mcgowan mace unincluded due to loss of spell power])
can get to ~9.4% base haste in battlegrounds.That means 14.4% with lifeblood up, and 34.4% with both lifeblood and troll racial.

Compared to Boomkin, which with the same gear:
9.4% base, 5% moonkin form, 5% lifeblood, 15% eclipse, 20% racial adds to 54.4%.

Probably better off with the haste set on a boomkin

Shaman with full haste (Back, Chest [Darkmoon robe], belt, trinkets x2, and offhand [mcgowan mace unincluded due to loss of spell power])
can get to ~9.4% base haste in battlegrounds.That means 14.4% with lifeblood up, and 34.4% with both lifeblood and troll racial.

9.4% base, 5% moonkin form, 5% lifeblood, 15% eclipse, 20% racial adds to 54.4%.

ye losing 11 crit on chest for 4 haste aint worth it.

ye losing 11 crit on chest for 4 haste aint worth it.

Probably not, no. I've had this discussion a lot actually (not about that piece in particular, but about haste vs. crit on boomkins).

I think it's hard to argue with 1.2 second cast time Starfires and wraths/surges below the 1.00 second GCD hard cap, even if it's only for 8 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown.

Edit: For shaman I would go standard stam/int/crit build. Ele's rotations and passives are much more about having an effective fulmination than generating one faster.

Probably not, no. I've had this discussion a lot actually (not about that piece in particular, but about haste vs. crit on boomkins).

I think it's hard to argue with 1.2 second cast time Starfires and wraths/surges below the 1.00 second GCD hard cap, even if it's only for 8 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown.

Edit: For shaman I would go standard stam/int/crit build. Ele's rotations and passives are much more about having an effective fulmination than generating one faster.

haste is nice as ele but no point in overdoing it.

"Mind Flay: not affected by haste, merely speeds up the channel."

I was playing around with a level 20 Mistweaver with full BOAs.

The tooltip reads "heals the target for 808 (+143.6% of spellpower) over eight seconds."

With the haste on the BOA gear, that eight second channel was reduced to seven seconds.

Soothing Mist ticks nine times. It ALWAYS ticks nine times.

808/8=101 HPS before spellpower modifications.

808/7=114 HPS before spellpower modifications.

My conclusion: Speeding up the channel raises your DPS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Haste from different sources is multiplicative, not additive.
This is a cool guide, but it is more specific than just a Haste Guide.

This is a guide for how haste affects DoTs in the bracket. When it comes to hardcasts, there are no caps other than the GCD (which scales with haste from 1.50 seconds to a hard cap of 1.00 seconds).

So any spell that requires more than 33% haste to drop below the 1.00 second cast mark is over-cap.
33% haste doesn't reduce your GCD to 1 second.

Haste from different sources is multiplicative, not additive.

33% haste doesn't reduce your GCD to 1 second.

Quite right, 50% haste reduces GCD to the 1 second hard cap. Thanks for the correction.

Hmm, I had never actually been aware of the multiplicative nature of haste scaling. It makes an extremely small difference at this bracket, but that is interesting.

That being said, the numbers are added, then the original amount is multiplied by the new factor. In fact, not all haste increases are multiplicative, as this example will illustrate.

A boomkin with 30 haste rating has 13% haste at level 20.
Entering moonkin form would add a flat 5%, but then also multiply 13% by 5%, and add that as well.

So your total would be 18.65%.

Then entering eclipse would add 15%, but then multiply 18.65% by 15%.

So your total would be 36.45%.

Then activating Lifeblood would add 15 haste rating (which is 6.50% at 20), but would NOT be multiplied by the original factor.

So your total would be 42.95%.

My guess would be that the Troll Racial is a multiplicative effect, but it's important to note that not all haste changes are multiplicative.

Quite right, 50% haste reduces GCD to the 1 second hard cap. Thanks for the correction.

Hmm, I had never actually been aware of the multiplicative nature of haste scaling. It makes an extremely small difference at this bracket, but that is interesting.

That being said, the numbers are added, then the original amount is multiplied by the new factor. In fact, not all haste increases are multiplicative, as this example will illustrate.

A boomkin with 30 haste rating has 13% haste at level 20.
Entering moonkin form would add a flat 5%, but then also multiply 13% by 5%, and add that as well.

So your total would be 18.65%.

Then entering eclipse would add 15%, but then multiply 18.65% by 15%.

So your total would be 36.45%.

Then activating Lifeblood would add 15 haste rating (which is 6.50% at 20), but would NOT be multiplied by the original factor.

So your total would be 42.95%.

My guess would be that the Troll Racial is a multiplicative effect, but it's important to note that not all haste changes are multiplicative.
The haste gained from Lifeblood is not being multiplied because it provides haste rating. Haste rating is considered as a single source, no matter if it comes from gear, enchants or abilities.

The troll racial is indeed multiplicative as it provides a haste percentage, not haste rating.

Can someone do this but for rogues/huntards?

as i have stated above haste has no effect on rogues / hunters but i would be glad to throw in the general percentages and what they reduce the cast time of aimed shot or steady shot to. i would like some datas from [MENTION=14218]Lil[/MENTION] if the haste percent per haste is anything other than .325 pls let me know

Also i am for sure going to have to look into haste stacking and how it multiplies / adds cause i have 60% haste in bbs on druid and using the standard adding doesn't get me all the way there .

There is another chest called silvermoon something from the draenei area I believe.. Idk look it up or something lol. To answer your earlier questions

haste- focus regen
7- 4.09
14- 4.18
20- 4.26
22- 4.28
35- 4.45

Alil over a hundredth of a second regen per point of haste
whoops just noticed this . can i get the base focus per sec increase per point of haste though ?

Users who are viewing this thread