A guide to HASTE and its benefits

Snowjobs all these people saying how worthless haste is just shows you not to bother updating this! Keep it a secret pwease :(

haste is awesome... just not for a hunter. but has usual, viable even when naked.

haste is awesome... just not for a hunter. but has usual, viable even when naked.

Not going to get into an arguing match with you however since you're actually being civil I will say even besides adding a tick to serpent sting haste is plenty viable for a hunt. Same skill/gear/crits a hunt that pops lifeblood with ALWAYS beat a hunt that doesn't. People can't seem to comprehend that haste does indeed increase your attack speed and little by little those .15 or .5s quicker attacks do add up.

In a bracket where agm can get purged and/or 1 shot through, the bubble is utterly pointless against half the bracket. The 120 HP you get while running around and the lack of good healers will make a minimal if any difference in group/solo fighting. I do agree that insig is pretty important however when that is on cd and with how bad resil is now there is no reason not to use dual haste trinkets. But Idrc if I convince people to use it or not, in fact I'd rather people keep saying how pointless haste is for hunts. This is the last thing I will say in this thread unless bend finds out what I found out months ago

haste doesn't affect serpent sting

but you gain autoshot/increased focus generation. Have fun sitting in a HoJ though

Not going to get into an arguing match with you however since you're actually being civil I will say even besides adding a tick to serpent sting haste is plenty viable for a hunt. Same skill/gear/crits a hunt that pops lifeblood with ALWAYS beat a hunt that doesn't. People can't seem to comprehend that haste does indeed increase your attack speed and little by little those .15 or .5s quicker attacks do add up.

In a bracket where agm can get purged and/or 1 shot through, the bubble is utterly pointless against half the bracket. The 120 HP you get while running around and the lack of good healers will make a minimal if any difference in group/solo fighting. I do agree that insig is pretty important however when that is on cd and with how bad resil is now there is no reason not to use dual haste trinkets. But Idrc if I convince people to use it or not, in fact I'd rather people keep saying how pointless haste is for hunts. This is the last thing I will say in this thread unless bend finds out what I found out months ago

you have it in your head it's better, and no one can convince you otherwise. i'll just say this... i would NEVER, take my insignia off for a haste trinket. so if i took my agm off for it, it wouldn't even be noticeable.

serpent sting isn't effected by haste. if you have any up to date info saying it is, then by all means post it.

Does it matter if haste gearing is better than crit gearing as a hunter? imo no, hunters are strong dps either way. A rogue stacking haste though, that's something. Lightning fast stabs ftw

I know for a fact that haste does increase a hunters damage by a substantial amount . frankly on my hunter i would run with at least one and the haste belt as the increased focus regen is extremely usefull as well .

I am also pretty sure that haste doesn't effect the number of ticks in a serpent sting . it will only increase the rate at which you auto attack and cast your steady shot as well as maybe some implication to pet damage. also the number of times a heal "just barely gets that heal off in time " would be reduced so yea haste is extremely viable for a hunter . i just don't think it increases serpent sting ticks.

i will add some sources in a sec

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=191490/serpent-sting-and-haste
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568990054
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1042850-Haste-and-Serpent-Sting

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guess what, great informative thread, as for the arguing, the great thing about WoW is that we're given the option to customize our characters the way we want them. So why get angry at somebody else if they prefer to wear haste gear or vice versa.

Hey guess what, great informative thread, as for the arguing, the great thing about WoW is that we're given the option to customize our characters the way we want them. So why get angry at somebody else if they prefer to wear haste gear or vice versa.

except for spirit stacking on a rest druid . THAT IS ALWAYS BIS ….. and my big letters prove it !

Whelp then I guess they changed it. I know for a 100% fact back in cata when I used double haste trinkets/serpent/belt/lifeblood that I would get 6 ss ticks, and NO I was not confusing the first tick with the talent back then when ss automatically dealt dmg. Idk why nor do I care tbh but I know for a fact that I would get 6 ticks in the 15s duration. I haven't used recount to test it since and I reduced my haste stacking alot but I assumed it was the same.

Oh well I'll accept that it doesn't increase serpent stings dot but I will still laugh at anyone saying haste is useless for a hunt. :)

you have it in your head it's better, and no one can convince you otherwise. i'll just say this... i would NEVER, take my insignia off for a haste trinket. so if i took my agm off for it, it wouldn't even be noticeable.

serpent sting isn't effected by haste. if you have any up to date info saying it is, then by all means post it.

130 HP for some haste that isn't noticable is a bad trade off. In fact if more people went for haste, then they are easier to kill for me.

. I know for a 100% fact back in cata

You aren't known here for you Hunter skills, but for the comedy value of your posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guiz I'm a nub and have no idea what I'm talking about. Haste is totally worthless for a hunt and has no benefit at all eva. You all are right.

[MENTION=6328]Snowjobs[/MENTION] sorry for derailing your thread. Not surprised one bit with the reactions I got from the people I got them from but good luck with the guide! Maybe add something about attack speed or energy/rage regen also with your dots. Don't worry about focus though cuz remember haste is worthless for a hunt! :rolleyes: If you need any hunt numbers just PM me since voicing my opinion on the open forum isn't safe. Btw delete some of your PMs so I can actually reply lol

Sorry guiz I'm a nub and have no idea what I'm talking about. Haste is totally worthless for a hunt and has no benefit at all eva. You all are right.

that isn't what they are saying. haste has an affect on hunters but it is inferior to other options available to hunters.

Thanks Snowjobs, I knew about haste breakpoints, but I never bothered learning about 20-24... Nice work ;)

Whelp then I guess they changed it. I know for a 100% fact back in cata when I used double haste trinkets/serpent/belt/lifeblood that I would get 6 ss ticks, and NO I was not confusing the first tick with the talent back then when ss automatically dealt dmg. Idk why nor do I care tbh but I know for a fact that I would get 6 ticks in the 15s duration. I haven't used recount to test it since and I reduced my haste stacking alot but I assumed it was the same.

Oh well I'll accept that it doesn't increase serpent stings dot but I will still laugh at anyone saying haste is useless for a hunt. :)

as far as i know haste has NEVER increased SS speed or ticks, source?

no one is saying haste is useless to any class. what i am saying, is haste is the last thing i would want to stack as a PvP hunter.

what it boils down to is, haste is a dps gain, not a burst damage gain. BiS dmg stat for a feral is haste, people don't use it cuz burst > sustained.

Users who are viewing this thread