99 WoD dungeon drops no longer ilvl 136 on PTR

So I have a handful of the 136 epics and loads of blues, what should I be enchanting them with at 99? I have a balance druid and blood DK.

i am still a little confused, if raid gears dont get the ilvl boost, and dungeons gears do, does that mean a dungeon epic drop will surpass a dungeon epic drop in ilvl ?

Yep. Any way you meant that, dungeon loot is "better" (certaintly by ilvl) than raid loot in many cases.

At 89, dragon soul loot is 114 ilvl I think? Cata dungeon loot is 116 already, and will go to 121 next patch. Cata dungeon gear even has some sockets, tho usually fewer per item than the raid gear.

Depending on what you want, SoO gear can be better for you, but only due to the fact WoD gear doesn't have sockets.

edit- Some 89 MoP epic dungeon/world items are even going to 128 next patch. DS remains the same at 114.
[doublepost=1551814518,1551814318][/doublepost]For us at 99, it's mostly going to come down to secondary stats and epic/tertiary procs. Vs SoO gear.
[doublepost=1551815545][/doublepost]Here ya go @Merlin SoO shoulders on the PTR:
bmDt4oo.png

There's not a simple generic answer, especially for 2 completely different classes.

Generic enchants are:

Glorious stats to chest
stat to bracer
minor speed, blurred speed, earthen vitality, pandaren vitality (I think) to boots - edit- maybe pandaren step?
leg armors
Living belt buckle, if you don't want to use the 160 legion belt
shoulder inscriptions
stat or SP or mastery/haste/crit to gloves
Rings and neck don't have 136 req. I think...
Cloak has 10 int req 136, str is an endgame enchant.

That's a general list, I cant say it's best for what you want because you just listed classes and said "what do?"

It's so stupid, I've had run Bloodmaul-Slag-Mines complete over 40 times with 2 chars the last 2 days and did not get a meaningful item. Nothing. No end-item.
I got so many epic items, even with leech ... Cloth Armor, Plate Armor, and so on. ... and I have a hunter. The only usable items get the big toon and they are for level 100. You can trade, but not use ... soooo wise, thanks Blizz.
Does anyone have a tip or a few nice words to say goodbye ;-) ...
This is the poor pig ... https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/eu/eredar/Ragnokk ... ;-)

I know. This char is not finished. He is only a few days old. He does not have an enditem yet. Once I was in SoOG and there I did not get anything that makes sense. In my opinion, the SoOG items are in many cases better than the new 149 items. And unfortunately, the sockets for the belt are quite expensive here. The hand and chest enchantments cost only 20 G or so. The socket for the belt 6k G.
Please give me another 3 weeks and then I would be very happy, if you take the time to take a look again.
Greetings from Hamburg
the grumpy old man
;-)

I got so many epic items, even with leech ... Cloth Armor, Plate Armor, and so on. ... and I have a hunter.

If you run yourself with a 110 character, you'll stop getting random pieces (legacy loot rules) and start getting 1 drop per boss, always the armor type of the two characters running. Not always 99, but always useable. (normal WoD loot rules)

Saying, if you run your 99 with a 110 DK sometimes you'll get level 100 plate and sometimes 99 mail.

The mail will always be 99 and the plate will always be 100. Even if you use a 110 hunter the mail that drops for the 110 will always be 100 and the mail dropping for the 99 will always be 99. It will then always be mail, just not all 99 mail.

Make sense? 109 can solo them too, I use my 109 twinks on my other account sometimes. 111+ enables legacy loot.
[doublepost=1552127492,1552127278][/doublepost]
Does anyone have a tip or a few nice words to say goodbye ;-) ...

Still plenty of time too, and make sure you have a warmill in your 99 garrison (not a barracks). I cant say for sure that the increased epic rewards works for dungeon/world drops... but it sure seems too. No time to take chances now. ;)

Once I've gotten bracers/gloves I can live with, I take my toons to skyreach and with a 109/10 DH I can run the instance in like 2-3 minutes on the DH leaving the 99 just sitting at the start. Your 99 wont get loot for the 3rd boss, which is all bracers and gloves, but they'll get loot in their mailbox from the other 3 bosses. In 10 runs when you get instance locked, go loot your mail and cross your fingers.... (edit- druids work really well too, for the slow "wind tunnel" past the 3rd boss)

And go live 30 minutes of your life without the grind until you can enter instances again. :)

Each dungeon seems to be lacking in a particular slot, I forget which is which tho. And iron docks is just damn slow...

Please give me another 3 weeks and then I would be very happy
SoO should still be 130 after the patch, so you can get a belt there and not worry. The legion 160 is great too, no buckle.

And OMG that is one sexy BoA bow. Jealous on that. Good luck!
[doublepost=1552136242][/doublepost]Just a heads up, ive been having a problem since last night - the 2nd and 4th bosses in iron docks aren't dropping any loot. Seems like a hotfix bug, maybe? Anyone experiencing anything similarly catastrophic? o_O

The "first" slagmines boss around the fire elementals wont totally die either. The elemental that comes out works, and drops loot - but the ogre to make him wont and keeps you in combat the rest of the instance... hope blizz doesnt break anything else so close to patch day. The other ogre (boss 2?) works just fine. It's the 1st part of the other boss.

Last edited:
@Warglave ... thank you very much. This point with the 11 levels was unknown to me. I idiot have activated an old account and bought BfA and then I use the free boost for a priest and then level this to 111. I did this because I wanted something more power for SoOG myth [I had the tailor-made armor iLvL 225 on the server]. Now she is 111 ... and cant go back ;-) ... 50 EUR paid for the wrong way ... On this account are otherwise only old levels 60 and 70 chars ... nothing near 110.

111 is great after the patch tho, it's not a bad thing. A lot of the slots can be filled with SoO gear and it'll come in handy for that down the road. Get what you can before Tuesday, but don't stress over it. It's not that big a deal.

Remember:
XJt0iBq.png

142 gear wont ruin anything.

Bloodmaul Slag Mines
Skyreach
Iron docks

Those are the only 3 WoD dungeons you can get into below level 100, and there aren't any difficulties below 100.

If you're running yourself with a second account, slag mines is just the most convenient. Skyreach is decent, but that wind circle past the third boss is just slow and hard to /follow, so an annoyance. Iron docks makes you ride a mount all the way back to the entrance to reset it, which is a long few minutes waste every single run AND currently impossible considering the second boss keeps you in combat after you kill it... once they fix that bug, it'll be less annoying.

Also note I've had issues with the second and last bosses in iron docks not dropping anything the last few days.

All the WoD dungeons drop almost the same armor, which is odd and yet convenient. Each one is lacking in a slot tho.

edit- if you're just queueing, queue random and it'll take care of everything unless you want a specific item.

or will world drops/quests rewards from draenor zones also be getting “upgraded” tuesday

YES! On the PTR they are at least... I will triple check, but they have been. I still cant tell 100% if the garrison warmill or bunker that increases your chance to get epic upgrades from quests works for these too, but worth building one IMO.

And once again, the ilevel bump just seems to stop in its tracks at legion. On the PTR if you look in the dungeon journal, all the dungeon rewards for legion don't change. WoD loot is better in the dungeon journal itself at level 99.

I killed a rare in highmountain and the drop was only 140. The dungeon loot is 141, and WoD 99 blues are 142.

edit- yep, still working on the PTR:
QD8fXy9.png

https://www.wowhead.com/item=113571/boots-of-the-shadowborn
https://www.wowhead.com/item=111530/giantstalkers-guile

(sorry so damn big again, I keep forgetting to reduce the resolution...)

Last edited:
Yep, that's why I picked a trinket for the pic. It does. ;)

edit- just so we're clear, I don't think world drop BoE scale at all... like if you get a 136 trinket off the AH it wont go to 142 on patch day. I've checked before with drops I got grinding and none of them did. A BoE cloak and boots, I think.

Last edited:
Thanks for your tips @Warglave ... they were a help for me. The Sunday I spent with a 110er toon to level. I took a melee, DH. From LvL 98 to LvL 110 there was no great way to go. Now , first run ... 2 hits. Mail !
upload_2019-3-11_21-20-1.png
-- and --
upload_2019-3-11_21-20-32.png

Not BiS, but a beginning.
I think, the most important items are wrist and cape, there are no good items with socket here ... or does anyone have another idea?
Greetings from Hamburg
the grumpy old man ... ;-)

Congrats, man!

That second one has possibly the longest, strangest name I've ever seen being so sheltered here in the US... :D

As far as the items that are most important, I'd add boots. There's others with a socket (maybe even two if you go to raids low enough) but if you get something perfect for your plans they just wont compare. Like my vers/mastery.

Or especially if you get a speed/leech/avoidance - those just don't exist anywhere else lower. It's easy for me, I can make most of the chants and just mail them to my toons so I can slap em on just about anything. BUT you can only use one piece at a time, so the rest go into storage... until you or the game changes your meta. Options are a great thing.

136 enchants are still requiring 136 on the PTR, so this stuff could be grandfathered for a VERY long time... who knows how good it might be next stat squish? Or of course how bad if the enchants change a lot - there's always that possibility.

Blizz could always change the level requirement tomorrow too, and just not have told anyone. Who knows?

Things change so much in this game so often, we all learned the hard way to not assume anything wont be different later. So i'm spending time on this, just in case. It's a unique opportunity to be sure. We'll see how it pans out. ;)
[doublepost=1552337174,1552336886][/doublepost]Speaking of regret... check out the ZG helm enchant on the LEATHER helm for my old 60 hunter. :oops:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/boulderfist/Jungalfeva

There was no armor type penalty back then. Things change. I should have known better... now I do. :D

Users who are viewing this thread