99 WoD dungeon drops no longer ilvl 136 on PTR

i ran SoO myth using 4 toons .. each boss dropped many items, and i was able to trade among my toons ie. plate, mail, leather .. sometimes a boss drops 2 of the exact same items .. in each run, one of my toon is higher, either 120 or at least a 119, and the remaining are the 99s, that is why in just 2 SoO runs i almost complete gearing a hunter

During Legion I ran tons of WoD Dungeons on my 99 DH and never once got a Socket AND Tertiary. Plus back then I never had any proc Epic, so that must've changed with BofA. I do have a fairly nice set of +Speed gear from WoD Dungeons though. Question, are you now able to que for more than just Skyreach and Auchindoun? During Legion at 99 you only had 2 options and couldn't even walk into the "Level 100 Dungeons" even though the Gear they dropped was 98+.

I don't know about those two, or queueing for that matter, I've been running myself. I did iron docks, but that was a pain compared to slag mines... and it wouldn't let me into UBRS, even tho it was 99 gear like you said.

From the dungeon journal, almost all the gear is the same armor wise. I just run slag over and over.
[doublepost=1548887004,1548886880][/doublepost]
that is why in just 2 SoO runs i almost complete gearing a hunter

Yeah, It's nice that all the gear is req 90 so you don't miss any drops. 5-6 items per boss? I think? Very nice.
[doublepost=1548887117][/doublepost]
nice set of +Speed gear from WoD Dungeons

That's really what im after most, leech is underwhelming IMO. Got 3 pieces and only around 5% leech. Non-epic.

Also, I haven't seen any sockets at all... but the epic upgrades are pretty common. More than tertiary, i'd say.

This same scaling is applying to all WoD gear. Blues from quests/rares/treasures are going to 142 too, and epic upgrade rolls are 149. Worth doing a quick loop of those if you haven't yet.

Looks like socketed SoO gear will be a bit better right now for a lot of specs, but it's not much of a difference. Definitely some pretty solid future proofing getting enchants on this stuff if they don't update the enchant ilevel limit. There's always a chance those agi/int 5/5 gems get nerfed at some point.

Question, are you now able to que for more than just Skyreach and Auchindoun? During Legion at 99 you only had 2 options and couldn't even walk into the "Level 100 Dungeons" even though the Gear they dropped was 98+.

Yeah, you can get all 4 leveling dungeons scaled to 99 now (Bloodmaul, Auchindoun, Iron Docks, Skyreach). The level 100 ones show loot scaled to 99, but they aren't in the dungeon finder. I tried going to Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and couldn't zone in, guessing the others are the same.

Can the WoD dungeons proc sockets and secondaries on the same gear? Cause that could potentially make it better for a few slots.
[doublepost=1548903060,1548903012][/doublepost]
Can the WoD dungeons proc sockets and secondaries on the same gear? Cause that could potentially make it better for a few slots.

Edit: Better yet, can sockets proc at 99? Don't remember ever getting socket gear.

No sockets at all, from WoD dungeons at least. Legion items have procced sockets but I don't recall to what extent.

You know the Legion BoE can proc socket and secondaries. Cant recall what else does.

Eh but the BoEs lack the benefit of the enchants, was hoping there was a case of getting your cake and eating it too lol.

Just the BoE greens, I guess. But those wont bump up ilvl come patch day.

You all seem too tunnel-visioned into the one spec you prefer with your "sockets are better" paintbrush. Yes, they can be. But not always 100% of the time... secondary stats are important too, and SoO doesnt cover all of them.

I have an arms warrior, i'd prefer strength, haste, and versatility. If I can get copious amounts of those secondary stats, i'd choose that piece over a few more points of strength with the wrong secondary stats... it matters.

"MOAR STR" isn't a globally accurate answer.

The only issue I see with using SOO gear over WOD even after they get rid of ability to enchant, is the fact you are limiting yourself on what secondaries you want to fully stack. And there are not a lot of vers+ mastery pieces from Mists content

My 101 I’m signature is kinda a good example

The problem is, at least for me, it is really hard to justify giving up the +5 +6 stamina gems cause it's literally like two gems in one. While stamina generally doesn't have a significant effect, for classes/specs that for their healing rely on a % based heal like fury warrior, all death knights, rogues to an extent, etc. it's for a non-glass cannon gonna be BiS unless there is a +5 +versatility gem I don't know about. If your a healer or your class doesn't rely on that, its still hard to justify losing +15 intellect +15 critical for only slight more or different secondaries. Heck you can even get other stats at a slightly less value with I believe the +5 +4 haste ones. Certainly it depends on a number of factors, but losing sockets or enchants or even socket primaries just for different secondaries seems like a non-worth investment unless your spec really benefits from it, but I don't believe I've seen any spec ratios that beat out a primary stat yet. But I guess you could say it depends on what play-style works for you as it can create some pretty insane results, like with enough haste fury warrior beats out the benefit you could get from stamina in some regards if played right. But still, on paper, I don't believe its necessarily the best option to go by in most cases.

justify losing +15 intellect +15 critical for only slight more or different secondaries.

Who said anything about giving up 3 sockets JUST for a few secondary stats? Are you just that delusional or what?

Youre just unhinged, bud. Unable to see anything past your mindset so you alter reality to fit your mindset.
If I can get copious amounts of those secondary stats, i'd choose that piece over a few more points of strength with the wrong secondary stats... it matters.
Just looking at the pic I linked, using that gem you'd get 37 str vs 36 str, but lose secondary stat.

edit- you're SO desperate to reinvent the wheel that you'll use blocks just to be different. On that point, I saw you mention Gurths earlier... are you really still using https://www.wowhead.com/item=77191/gurthalak-voice-of-the-deeps at 99? Please say not exclusively.... at 109 too?

Last edited:
Man, I don't what I did to make you emanate such harsh anger towards me. I was not trying to target you in an fashion, just agreeing or disagreeing with some points laid out in the thread. Just because I disagree with you or see another possible situation does not mean i'm attacking you. I brought up the worse possible scenario of 3 sockets because you were comparing chest pieces earlier and I legitimately don't see a situation where there would be enough secondary stats for it to be worthwhile. Throw me a bone here, I'm trying to see all points and possible cases, I always try to whether its high ilvl gear, secondaries, proc effects, trinkets, whatever it brought up. In fact I specifically try to do these to avoid blind-sighting something or angering someone in the fashion that I apparently have for you. I could understand calling me delusional if I started such accusations towards you, but I have not from my perspective done so. If I am wrong in any aspect please explain why, I am not stating what I know as absolute, in fact I am trying to encourage anyone through my posts to add what they know about the subject. But calling me delusional gets us and anyone who wants to best route for gearing nowhere. I do however tend to focus towards the less acknowledged pieces, but generally that occurs from experience that makes me to believe it is worthwhile. I see you criticizing me for using Gurthalak on my 101 warrior, but if you truly do not believe it's effectiveness or other proc's effectiveness at that level I would sincerely encourage you to try it. Each proc may not work for some classes, but I have yet to see some beat out others for their intended purposes(as always, its almost always dependent on your intended purpose for the gear).
[doublepost=1549071345,1549070811][/doublepost]Just wanted to add on that I have no intention of reinventing the wheel. In fact, that makes no sense for the situation that you are implying. Sockets combined with enchants in this level at least are generally considered one of the strongest pieces of gear you can get in most circumstances. By suggesting the loss of some sockets, you are effectively going against this cookie cutter opinion. I repeat that I don't wish to reinvent any wheel, just to denote some of the BiS or very powerful alternatives that people can go towards. This does not even include the 99 bracket however, I have made no such alternate suggestions for it. I could however, if someone so wishes. The alternative suggestion I made in the other thread was directed specfically for 101, since SoO gear is not generally considered when choosing gear for that bracket, only the rare very high ilvl BoEs. All I was stating for this bracket is I don't see an effective secondary stat option, one that gives you what you want for a secondary stat without losing too much.

Man, I don't what I did to make you emanate such harsh anger towards me.

in a few threads now you've popped in just to offer "nuh-uh, gems are best" when they simply aren't 100% of the time.

No anger there, dismissal. You're not available to anything but your want-to-believe.

Sockets combined with enchants in this level at least

But it's not just this thread, now is it? You're not openminded at all, just "MOAR GEMZ". No point to discussion at all.

In not one post do I say gems are the absolute best in all situations or heck that anything is the best in all situations, I have no desire but to promote other means of gearing so that people explore their options before choosing the gear they stick with. I still yet don't know why you've interpreted this from me, but I take careful consideration to make sure I don't say it's the best way, only a possible way or a very strong way that I cannot see an alternative for but I would be open for alternatives.
[doublepost=1549073286,1549073210][/doublepost]If I pop into a thread as well, its only because I believe I can add some extra insight to further or add to a discussion, nothing more. I say stuff very generically to simply glance towards it. Of course I am not discussing it in more detail, there are multiple topics at hand to be discussed. Just as with the alternatives if there is any item that anyone wants to focus towards, that works just as well to discuss all the potentials about it.

Last edited:
Yes, not sure what you are trying to convey about me discussing sockets which is a relevant factor in what was being talked about? I am going to stop responding to this, I did not mean to turn this into a debated passive-aggressive, angered or what not. This does not appear that it will turn out in a good manner. Just know that I was trying to add to the discussion meaningfully with no ill-intent towards you or anyone else with a different suggestion. I hope that you are not trying to rile the flames per say and promote helpful discussion. Nevertheless have a nice day and good luck in your endeavors I shall not be responding to what seems to be a bad direction.

I am going to stop responding to this

Of course you are, because your intent isn't working. This thread was just to let people know that the WoD dungeon drops are scaling up and will no longer accept 136 enchants. You've argued in threads before how "gems are better" and only begrudgingly admitted otherwise when shown wrong... yes, sometimes they can be better. But to be acting like everyone is completely kicking socketed gear to the curb is just moronic. Not every toon is a braindead fury war just stacking str.

Some of these WoD slots COULD be better, and they're going to be unobtainable in that degree. You don't need to persuade others into your gem fixation and 114 ilvl weapons. Your views don't apply to every single class, spec, or slot.

edit- and they aren't special in content, just close-minded and singularly specific. Secondary stats matter.

Last edited:
for mm hunters (i dont know about BM) SoO gears for lvl99 is the way to go, just tested it yesterday .. the only thing legion boe and a fully SoO mm hunters is 12-14 % health difference, i suffer 10% decrease in haste on my SoO toon as compare to my legion boe toon, but this difference is only a 0.2 sec cast time, to me its really nothing much, on the other hand, the dmg attained by both is as follows:

Rapid Fire = Legion 3960 SoO 4140
Aimed Shot = Legion 3155 SoO 3295
Arcane Shot = Legion 762 SoO 796
Murder Crows = Legion 2800 SoO 2928

those playing in the 99 bracket .. i think it applies to all class .. get your full set of SoO myth gear and enchant and gem them now .. whether you use it or not, it is really not the issue, if you already have them in your bag with the necessary enchants on, should blizz change the ilvl in future, these pieces will get an increase in stats to further boost them ability, if their ilvl is increased you dont have to worry a thing as you have already enchant them prior, if you have better gears by all means use them, when there is a change in things like ilvl, it affects many things, too many things to take into account, just get the whole set and store it somewhere is what i can say

If they increase raid gear too, that'll be a whole new ballgame i'd think. Let's hope for that!
i read an earlier post, someone said some dungeon epic gears gets 14 ilvl increment, if that is true, dungeon gears ilvl would surpass some raid gears in some brackets .. that doesnt make sense .. so if things is reasonable, raid gears will get increased too to maintain that difference between a dungeon gear and a raid piece .. just speculation
[doublepost=1549090587,1549090464][/doublepost]of coz things can always turn out in the unreasonable way .. i mean, we are talking about blizz here

Users who are viewing this thread