99 WoD dungeon drops no longer ilvl 136 on PTR

Yes. Expect them to do things wrong and you will seldom be disappointed.

edit- wasn't long ago tho that dungeon drops didn't scale on the PTR either, so there's always hope.

@Takticz - Since the ilvl of the gear is increasing next patch, you can enchant the gear before the patch so that when it's ilvl increases in the next patch it keeps the enchant that was previously applied to a 136. Since this opportunity rarely comes around and you will likely be unable to obtain it again, BiS gear or not I would suggest obtaining it if you have a twink at the correct level so that you always have the potential to equip it.

Yeah, the pic was taken on the PTR after enchanting at ilvl 136 it on live and copying the character over to the PTR.

Lots of dungeon, quest, and world drops are (supposed to be) getting ilevel buffs next patch... so far anyway. Basically every bracket below 110, except the 100-109 are warlords pieces so not really "legion". Very little change at 100-109.

Do we know when this patch is going to hit Live?

I'm kinda irked that I have to enchant everything I might want to keep on Monday night, just in case... but really, this is the first patch in a long time I actually would like to take a few more weeks. Hate not knowing.

edit- i'd guess probably at least another week tho, and isn't there something about LFR getting the last wing open first? For "the story" before we get access to playing the Ztrolls/KThumans? That's a while off, isn't it?

bg box rewards are also 136 on live are they getting an ilevel boost as well on the ptr?

They weren't in other brackets as far as I know. Sorry but I haven't PvP at all this week due to the patch stuff.

On that note, got an epic/tertiary drop at 99 finally. Not a good slot, but a good thing.

xhx8dd9.png

edit- got a second one too, an epic/speed legs. Great for a utility set.:)

Last edited:
Warglaiv, how's your grind going? I've been farming with a 111 so the drops are legacy, or whatever the entire loot table is called. Ye runs on his 110 and only leather drops for his 99. I'm curious what you do. I don't have another option but I'm enjoying having all specs of druid gear drop.

I moved to grinding WoD heroics (only one run per dungeon per day, thankfully) for my 109's, they can easily solo them and get non-legacy loot so it's all 100% good for their class. I'll get back to 99, pretty much almost done with 109 gear that cant be done post-patch. Rings, necks and trinkets shouldnt matter and there's decent chants for 138+ ilvl cloaks.

99 was so RNG and grinding running them over and over and over... plus I have so many 99 it's hard to choose. SoO has a lot of quality for 99 too so I lost interest. Got one almost done except rings and boots tho: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/uldum/Nôk (hes actually supposed to be MM but BM has better heals for runs and solo world-stuff)

I worry 90-99 is a bleak bracket since everyone basically skips WoD by doing treasures and bonuses to level.

Last edited:
are bg rewards still 136 on ptr?

I had a box, and I forget what the PTR result was... but I didn't care so I'd guess it wasn't relevant to the patch?

Sorry, I've just started delving into WoD quests in hope of getting epic procs on those rewards now. Some toons are having zero luck with dungeon drops, and trying hard to get another epic dagger for my rogue. No dungeon daggers.

edit- landslide is SO much better than the 152 thru endgame enchants. It's disgusting.

Anyone play outlaw? Does it really matter what offhand at our level? I feel like I read they use daggers in the low levels.

Last edited:
i dont know why .. i keep having this feeling that in the end MOP gears will still be the one i am using due to the sockets

There's slots that are clearly better in WoD gear, but things like chest, shoulder, head are probably gonna be MoP.

edit- plus tertiary procs, if you get them. Cant forget those.

proc is like getting strike by lightning lolol .. its hard to be struck .. i am so lazy to farm .. almost the end of line for me in wow .. just waiting for the right time to exit

I'd really rather it be over this Tuesday to be honest... im all ground out. Deciding so much is "good enough".

Users who are viewing this thread