99 WoD dungeon drops no longer ilvl 136 on PTR

Warglave

Veteran
There's been discussion whether there's any benefit to farming WoD dungeon drops for the upgrade procs, because at ilvl 136 you have a wider option of enchants... but according to the dungeon journal on the PTR they're getting buffed as well, from 136 to 142 ilvl. So if you don't get/enchant them with the 136-max ilvl enchants before patch, you wont be able to.

Now these CAN proc epic... not sure if those will now bump up another 7 ilvl like other brackets.

It's funny, Legion dungeons aren't showing any boost at 99, so WoD items are better. 142 vs 141.

So anyway... if you're gonna do it, get it done before the patch. Hopefully the gear should upgrade to 142 on patch day and you can keep the enchants on "better" than 136 gear. I'm gonna go see if I can find out about epic procs.

edit- confirmed, epic procs for WoD level 99 dungeon gear on live upgrade from 136 to 149 on the PTR when copied.

https://imgur.com/NH5ewCd

Last edited:
Little troublesome tidbit, I've only done about maybe 15 runs and I've gotten 3-4 epic upgrades... but not a single speed/leech/avoidance proc on my 99. Probably just RNG, but the 110 I ran it with got at least a dozen tertiary upgrades, and that seems weird. Im pretty sure they cant proc both epic and tertiary, but not getting a single tertiary for the 99 at all is..... conspicuous. I know they've happened before, so this is probably just unfortunate RNG. I'll check more today.

edit- ok, just got an indestructible drop. Phew. ;)

Last edited:
when will the patch go live ? i am rushing to get another 99 mm hunter up, did 1 SoO before the tuesday reset and 1 immediately after the reset and was lucky to get almost every pieces i need, except the neck and cloak. the SoO epic drops are 130 and sometimes it warforged 132, are there any changes to ilvl in raid drops ?

I ran SoO last night too, merlin, i'll check later tonight if no one already knows.

edit- no change in raid gear, just normal and heroic dungeon gear.
[doublepost=1548846211,1548795311][/doublepost]So after dozens of runs, I actually had 2 drops proc both epic and tertiary stat... but both were for the 110 running.

I don't know if that's just RNG or what, but they were epic/indestructible and epic/leech. So good luck if you're trying.

So are you saying the enchanted dungeon upgrades are going to be better than socketed SoO gear with gems?

i am in the process of doing a confirmation test on the lvl99 twink gears for hunters .. i have 1 full legion BOE 99 hunter and i am having another one using SoO myth gear .. the one using SoO myth is only lvl97 (i just completed 2 SoO runs to get all the gears), but missing a cloak and neck .. even though it is still missing some pieces, it is already very close in dmg to that legion BOE 151 with 4 pcs of Pillar of Creation ilvl160 .. very close, and this lvl97 SoO chap is not even using an artifact weapon yet .. tentatively speaking .. YES, in the 90-99 bracket, especially 98 and 99, you can now go for SoO, or mixed it with a few pieces of legion or pillar gears if they have the 2nd stats that you need, they will generate MORE damage, than a full legion boe + Pillar gear character

i will complete the gearing and do a comparison for those who wants to see the diff, so far i am only looking at and working on the damage from each ability, i believe the other thing that is different might be the health, SoO character's gear has fewer stamina stat on them than one using legion boe, i suspect they will also suffer a little, just a little, from haste and crit (with regard to the 2 hunters i am testing on) as i max them for dmg ie. agil, mastery and versa.

So are you saying the enchanted dungeon upgrades are going to be better than socketed SoO gear with gems?

As Merlin is saying, you have to decide what you feel is "better". Giving up stam and secondaries for a little main stat, or being well-rounded. All I am saying is that these dungeon items are no longer 136-enchantable next patch. Having items with speed or leech is sometimes fun and useful, and once patch hits they wont take 136-max enchants... so that's the primary base.

I myself like having options, and I can get SoO anytime as it's not changed yet on the PTR. WoD dungeons have a timetable. I know that an epic 136 chest with glorious stats had more str than the 160 legion piece on the PTR.

I don't recall the exact values, because really I don't care. I know one is "better" and not hard to get. I'll check later.

Now, if it should proc say epic AND speed... no doubt i'd say it's "better". But that's not happening a lot so far. The patch wont come before Tuesday at the earliest, and I doubt it's on the block for next week... so hopefully at least another.

Last edited:
Are you EU? Because I'm US and PTR servers are always down

Im in right now.

Looks like the epic chest I got, with glorious stats, gave 7 more strength and 3 more stam than the 160 quest chest but slightly less secondaries… but different secondaries… so that in itself could be a major plus. It's another option.

Im in right now.

Looks like the epic chest I got, with glorious stats, gave 8 more strength and 3 more stam than the 160 quest chest but slightly less secondaries… but different secondaries… so that in itself could be a major plus.

But I'm wondering if you're EU or not.

sorry, US.

And the chest gives 7 more str, edited after you replied. And as merlin also said above, +20 vers might be a good choice.

edit- 6 more WITH glorious stats on it, that is. To be clear. It gives 7 due to the plate specialty bonus.

ill be on tonight for runs if any needs help.

So I noticed that if the high-level running is 110 then legacy loot isn't in affect, so 1 item drops per boss and it is a useful item for someone in the group. Always 1 item (except a couple times the last boss dropped 2, 1 for each /shrug) whether it be 2 people or 3... only 1 drop. So running more than 2 would actually decrease your chances of a useable item, per player. I don't know if more drop above 3, but the few I did with 3 only 1 item dropped total per boss.

I would love to know if anyone finds different, or if more items drop when it's 4 or more people. don t remember legion rules.

wont it make it grandfathered BiS

I don't know, sockets are strong. Like I said, personal preference... here's all 3 side by side- SoO, WoD epic, and legion.

https://imgur.com/EBhp6ap (+10 stats doesn't show on the item itself, if anyone doesn't know)

That's only one WoD dungeon drop tho, there's more. I got two different epic chest already, so different secondary stats.

edit- different slots are different too. Gloves might be SoO and bracer might be WoD… it varies.

And yeah, I know the legacy loot rules but I didn't know you were guaranteed a useable item for at least one player without it. Im used to legacy where they could both be crap neither person can use... more often than not, to be honest.
[doublepost=1548868046,1548867491][/doublepost]What gems are we using, anyway? For "BiS" str plate? is it like +7 str, or mixed stat?

I don't know, sockets are strong. Like I said, personal preference... here's all 3 side by side- SoO, WoD epic, and legion.

https://imgur.com/EBhp6ap (+10 stats doesn't show on the item itself, if anyone doesn't know)

That's only one WoD dungeon drop tho, there's more. I got two different epic chest already, so different secondary stats.

edit- different slots are different too. Gloves might be SoO and bracer might be WoD… it varies.

And yeah, I know the legacy loot rules but I didn't know you were guaranteed a useable item for at least one player without it. Im used to legacy where they could both be crap neither person can use... more often than not, to be honest.
[doublepost=1548868046,1548867491][/doublepost]What gems are we using, anyway? For "BiS" str plate? is it like +7 str, or mixed stat?

yep, slots should be bis with gems like https://www.wowhead.com/item=30546/sovereign-tanzanite that can be farmed once a day from certain BC heroics. This one for example is from shattered halls heroic

slots should be bis with gems like Sovereign Tanzanite

Well, is it that simple? Just looking at the pic I linked, using that gem you'd get 37 str vs 36 str, but lose secondary stat.

A lot more stam with the gem tho, like I said... personal preference. I don't have one atm, so im gonna get both. ;)

edit- I guess it all comes down to what gems are available and how much RNG it is to get them. And not every slot has 3 sockets, so it might be a pretty decent variance between them... I just showed chest cuz that's what I got so far.

Looking quick at those dropped gems, I don't see and str/haste... or str/mastery. So, is it that simple?

Last edited:
Well, is it that simple? Just looking at the pic I linked, using that gem you'd get 37 str vs 36 str, but lose secondary stat.

A lot more stam with the gem tho, like I said... personal preference. I don't have one atm, so im gonna get both. ;)

edit- I guess it all comes down to what gems are available and how much RNG it is to get them. And not every slot has 3 sockets, so it might be a pretty decent variance between them... I just showed chest cuz that's what I got so far.

Looking quick at those dropped gems, I don't see and str/haste... or str/mastery. So, is it that simple?

Depends on item tho. Some items have great socket bonuses. One SoO leg I have gives a 7 str bonus

Users who are viewing this thread