6 Month Ban for Twinking!

Could I get banned for posting your story? I do not mind helping out at all.

Wait a second, you can make a trial and post from that on several forums, maby that is an option since I am only able to post on the EU forums and Alpha forums.

Might be on the wrong here, but isn't it within your right as a consumer of their product to know what exactly happened, in complete detail? They say you've been botting, but you have multiple times asked them to show proof, which they haven't done as of yet. Imagine this in a real life scenario; Say, you walk into a cellphone store to buy yourself the newest phone. While looking at some older products out of curiosity, your buddy calls you and you talk for a good 15mins about random stuff. Suddenly the store owner calls the cops on you for stealing, but refuse to show actual proof the act actually happening. But either as victim or the criminal, you have the right to review what proof there is of the act happening, to show they actually have reason to act as they did. As i said to begin with, i could be wrong, but couldn't resist to try and help just a little bit. :p

Could I get banned for posting your story? I do not mind helping out at all.

I am genuinely not sure. I didn't think i could get an account suspension for doing absolutely nothing, and yet here I am. I guess the answer is ''maybe? they suspended me for nothing, why not you too?''. I appreciate the offer, but i really have no idea of the risks on your end. I'm gonna be putting in another callback ticket tonight to see if they'll return my call, but so far, the only thing the CS reps tell me is ''i cant reverse the suspension, someone else is reviewing, can i help you with anything else?''. Then i'll ask to speak to someone who actually knows whats going on, and, according to them, that department ''doesnt take phone calls'', or ''ill try and tell them to call you''. They have never called me.

Might be on the wrong here, but isn't it within your right as a consumer of their product to know what exactly happened, in complete detail? They say you've been botting, but you have multiple times asked them to show proof, which they haven't done as of yet. Imagine this in a real life scenario; Say, you walk into a cellphone store to buy yourself the newest phone. While looking at some older products out of curiosity, your buddy calls you and you talk for a good 15mins about random stuff. Suddenly the store owner calls the cops on you for stealing, but refuse to show actual proof the act actually happening. But either as victim or the criminal, you have the right to review what proof there is of the act happening, to show they actually have reason to act as they did. As i said to begin with, i could be wrong, but couldn't resist to try and help just a little bit. :p

In a real life scenario, absolutely. But, from what I understand, they make the rules here. And the rules are whatever they say the rules are at whatever time they say it. A GM came straight out in a live chat with me and said they ''typically dont disclose'' information about suspensions. What that tells me is ''we ban people. we banned you. why? F U, thats why''. I dont want to take the CC company route, because if I dispute a charge, blizzard with HAVE to disclose their reason to my credit card company for their charge dispute investigation, and, as someone else mentioned, that will probably result in a permaban for me. edit: tho i suppose i could be completely wrong about them being forced to disclose that info as well, tho probably not about the permaban.

I've read on the web about that they do not have to come up with a reason. It is silly but it works like this and is totally a wrong way to treat customers. Sadly there are no rules yet for this but that will happen in the future after more and more people get spit on by companies like this believe me. You can already find more and more complaints on the web every year.

I am genuinely not sure. I didn't think i could get an account suspension for doing absolutely nothing, and yet here I am. I guess the answer is ''maybe? they suspended me for nothing, why not you too?''. I appreciate the offer, but i really have no idea of the risks on your end. I'm gonna be putting in another callback ticket tonight to see if they'll return my call, but so far, the only thing the CS reps tell me is ''i cant reverse the suspension, someone else is reviewing, can i help you with anything else?''. Then i'll ask to speak to someone who actually knows whats going on, and, according to them, that department ''doesnt take phone calls'', or ''ill try and tell them to call you''. They have never called me.
Found on the official forums that its no use for me doing so.
Hey ,
If you have appealed and the decision was not overturned I'm afraid more emails will be pointless, a final decision will have been given.

Tiogaradh
Customer Service

Well the truth is: you agreed to tos in order to play game.
Tos states that blizz got all rights to do what they want.

Deal-With-It-Sunglasses-01.png

Tos does not overwrite the law atleast not in EU. He bought a product and was taken away from him even after investing 8 years, I think it was, into this game.

That is like renting a house, put all luxury in it and build so much more around the house, new bathroom etc etc and then take it away. This is exactly what happens here.

Last edited:

In terms of legal precedent, a contract that violates the law is, in and of itself, void. You cant, for example, sign a legal contract to sell your children into slavery and expect it to hold up. However, the angle Blizzard plays here is that noone will give enough of a shit about some stupid game to sue them. And even if they DO get sued, they have deeper pockets than some dickbag gamer and can just bury the suit in court with adjournments and continuances and paperwork until the other party runs out of money. In addition, I'm fairly certain that saying ''our game, our rules, deal with it'' doesn't actually violate any law.

Tos does not overwrite the law atleast not in EU. He bought a product and was taken away from him even after investing 8 years, I think it was, into this game.

That is like rentinh house, put all luxury in it and build so much more around the house, new bathroom etc etc and then take it away. This is exactly what happens here.

Heh, i think this goes back to the EU having way stronger consumer protection laws than the US.

Well its more like my country having a better system than Eu and that better than US :)

Ah, i thought you were EU. Must've been someone else. But yes, most civilized countries in the world have better consumer protection laws than the US.

In the US, if a large company wrongs you, your recourse is to sue them. At which they laugh and drain you of every penny you have in lawyer fees, stall the case in the court system for years, bury you in paperwork and, in the end, write it off as CODB and figure out a way to write it off on their taxes.

That is like a renting house, put all luxury in it and build so much more around the house, new bathroom etc etc and then take it away. This is exactly what happens here.

Owner got the right to it so yea. even if there is a law in order to prevent such things, there is always a workaround. as it was mentioned earlier no one gives 2shits about pc game to actually take it to court.

Owner got the right to it so yea. even if there is a law in order to prevent such things, there is always a workaround. as it was mentioned earlier no one gives 2shits about pc game to actually take it to court.
True, that is the whole point at this moment, but like I said there will be more and more complaints in the future and I am certain that this will change due to that. They have to at some point or you will get an angry mob instead of just 1 person and the angry mob is already forming :) Just look at the LoL system, its hillarious.

Last edited:
I am but EU is not a country just an economical bond of countries :)

lol i know EU isnt a country. then again, i dont know nearly enough about the governing body behind the EU to really speak on it much. I know countries retain sovereignty and have their own laws, but for some reason I thought that there was an underlying, codifying set of laws. No idea really.

Well, with something like that rental, we start getting into real property and contract law (assuming there was a lease signed), so theres a lot more recourse there for the renting party. Again, in the US. Not a clue how that works in the EU, but here its exceedingly hard to throw out a tenant in most states. Way harder than suspending someones WoW account

True, that is the whole point at this moment, but like I said there will be more and more complaints in the future and I am certain that this will change due to that. They have to at some point or you will get an angry mob instead of just 1 person and the angry mob is already forming :) Just look at the LoL system, its hillarious.

I honestly doubt it'll ever change. Blizzard has a huge economic investment here, and they hold the power to make the rules. Millions of gamers arent going to organize and say ''no more banning people without proper due process!''. Gamers, on the whole, are not an organized force. More like a herd of cats. They all generally like the same thing, but typically dont like each-other very much, and its almost impossible to organize them to do one specific thing. As evidenced by this thread. I posted that i was unfairly suspended, and the intial overwhelming reaction was ''eat a dick you deserved it for x or y reason'' without knowing the first thing about me, my situation, or the possibility that one day, they could very easily be in my shoes. At the end of the day, it is just a game, and I'm already feeling better about my situation. I have plenty of friends on WoW, they'll toss plenty of gold my way to get me back on my feet with a new account for a few months (my suspension ends in september), i'm not really losing any ground here as i dont raid or pvp in any serious manner and i've really not taken a financial loss here. Nor would paying for a new subscription and a new copy of WoD really put me out in any way (while i know doing that sends absolutely the wrong message, both to blizzard and to other people, I enjoy WoW. I play to relax and have fun. And I really dont want to give that up for 6 months. Getting a new account is by no means an admission of guilt. I stand by my statement that I have never done anything that resembles cheating in this game). But, on the whole, customer service from Blizzard is atrocious, their suspension system is clearly deeply flawed, and their draconian policy of ''CASE CLOSED WE REVIEWED PISS OFF'' wouldn't stand in any sort of forum where they didn't literally hold all the cards.

edit: that is not to say that i'm giving up. i'm going to pursue this until the day my account is reinstated. Be it tomorrow, next week, next month or on the day my suspension is supposed to be lifted. They screwed me here. And even if i dont get results, i'll waste their time talking to me and repeating that they wont lift the suspension just on pure principle that i didnt deserve it.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with that but we can hope that organisations getting more rights who stand up for the small guys towards big companies. We here in the Netherlands already have plenty of those who help seek justice someone deserves and getting more rights to do so.

Also good to hear you haven't given up on the game and friends who also helping you out at this moment. Liking a game is a big difference than liking the companies CS.

I definitely agree with that but we can hope that organisations getting more rights who stand up for the small guys towards big companies. We here in the Netherlands already have plenty of those who help seek justice someone deserves and getting more rights to do so.

Also good to hear you haven't given up on the game and friends who also helping you out at this moment. Liking a game is a big difference than liking the companies CS.

It's a great game. Bullshit customer service, but a great game. And, generally, a great community that plays it. I suppose this can be a lesson for me. I now know to stream when i play (being in a party and talking to people in party chat is not enough to prove i'm not a bot, nor is talking in instance chat in bg's). I know i probably need a new computer because this one is 8 years old and does random weird shit that i guess could have set their anti-bot software off. I know to delete addons that i'm not using. And, apparently, when i play, i should have literally nothing else running at all on my computer or i could be banned for watching netflix between pvp queues.

Technically they own the game, the account, everything. We just pay to access it.
That is why we really are not supposed to sell them. They are not ours to sell.

Good Luck!!

I got perma-banned on both of my accounts during MoP. I had been playing 1 account, and ran out of character slots. I started a 2nd account, with the same battle.net info so they were linked. 2 weeks later I decided to clean up my storage guild banks on the 1st account, and move all the contents to dedicated bank toons on the 2nd account. 2 hours later, Im perma-banned. I move roughly 2 tabs or so of extra gear and crap from 1 account to the other, and their software detected the trading. I filed an appeal stating what happened, and it took 3-4 days for them to review it and reverse the ban, with an apology that it was a mistake on their system. They also tacked on the days of lost play time to my sub.
Point is, they will reverse a ban if its their mistake. I dont know what they saw with your stuff, but if they have reviewed it multiple times, I bet they found something they didnt like. Not saying you are knowingly at fault, because you never know what a game mod might trigger with them. Just saying that I believe they actually did see something they didnt like and took action against it.

Users who are viewing this thread