6 Month Ban for Twinking!

Sadly you can't do anything or demanding that they explain the situation about the whys which is such a big problem really. I am not sure if the ban just happened after you paid for a subscription but I sure as hell would rollback that last payment if it was recently made before you got banned. You paid for their services and then they take it away. It is like buying cookies in a store and they take them back.

Absolutely. If they uphold the ban I'll be disputing every charge from the beginning. They're playing ''throw shit up against the wall and see what sticks'' with me, I can play that too. My CC company is great about charge disputes, the customer almost always wins. In fact, my CC company may be the golden ticket here. If i dispute a charge, they'll perform their own investigation, which I am sure will involve contacting Blizzard and demanding to see the report regarding why I paid for a service that was then taken away. Any information they get will be passed along to me in their report on whether they're honoring the dispute or not.

If you dispute your sub your 6month for botting turns into a perma

My 6 month for botting is bullshit, and if they don't properly investigate and realize their error, they don't deserve my business (or any of the money i've ever paid them) and I give zero shits if they ban me permanently. If this doesnt get overturned, I'm done with Blizzard. I see people botting all the damn time. I report them and yet I continue to see them. And I end up being the one banned for something I didnt do. I love pvp. It's literally the only reason i play the game at all. Why the hell would I take the time and effort to gear my characters up, group up with friends and go BGing... just to turn on a bot and walk away to do something else? I dont farm gold, i dont have 12 lvl 100s that mysteriously all levelled super fast. I dont even really play endgame (i used to). All i do is mid level pvp. Botting the only thing i do in the game is insane. Why even bother?

Couldnt agree more. If they had slapped me with a 6 month ban for say... ''making the opposition sad by grinding their faces in the dirt so hard that they quit'', I'd actually be ok with it, as long as they put it in writing and i could print it out, frame it and put it up on my wall. To be banned for something i didnt do makes me so angry i have trouble describing it. I wish i had a video. But I dont stream. I'm extremely offended by both their actions and the way customer service is handling this process. But with CS, screaming at people never helps. I've been cordial with them so far, and i have yet to play ''let me speak to your manager'', but that is next up for me. Keep demanding new people until someone will tell me something. All i've gotten so far is ''i cant do anything'', ''someone else is reviewing this'', ''the department reviewing this doesnt talk on the phone'', and other boilerplate nonsense. I'm awaiting my appeal review (they said 24 hours from last night), but i doubt i'll hear anything until tomorrow. This entire suspension and the system behind it is a complete joke.

This guy got banned for buying a mount. They said he was exploiting (duping). This is one of the rare cases I actually believe an innocent person has been banned. Yours might be case #3. This is why I'm always streaming.

This guy got banned for buying a mount. They said he was exploiting (duping). This is one of the rare cases I actually believe an innocent person has been banned. Yours might be case #3. This is why I'm always streaming.

So... they banned him for having a mount in his inventory... What the shit? What was the followup there? Did they overturn his suspension?

So... they banned him for having a mount in his inventory... What the shit? What was the followup there? Did they overturn his suspension?

Nope. The guy just sort of took it. In the video you can hear that he was positive they'd reverse it since he knew he did nothing wrong, but they never did. They just took his account away from him. The guy sounds like a genuinely nice guy who was railroaded by Blizzard.

The other person who I thought was banned innocently was LokiLoveBug. She was banned for exploiting yet she barely knew how to spell it. She actually made a youtube channel to document her fight against Blizzard but of course it was removed from wowhead. Here was her original post:
http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=207229
I don't know the fate of LokiLoveBug but I suspect she got it back as I remember finding her youtube channel sometime back and there being no videos and no other posts by her.

After seeing so many people banned innocently, I started streaming and making youtube videos of myself playing in the event it happened to me. How sad is that CRAP?

Jesus... things i wish i had known. I dont even farm anything. Like at all. Unless you count grinding battlegrounds from 19-90, then deleting the character and starting over as farming. I'm in it purely because it amuses me and its a fun way to de-stress. I've got no interest in gold or crafting mats or anything really other than my BGs. I've got my 100 Hunter's garrison set up to generate gold. Probably a few thousand a week. And its all i ever really need. Never thought i'd have to preempt a ban for botting with videos of me playing when all i do is BGs and garrison missions.
Still no response from Blizz on the appeal ticket, but it seems like they rarely overturn suspensions. And these days, you cant even call in to customer service. Their automated phone system just tells you to go online, then hangs up on you.

Jesus... things i wish i had known. I dont even farm anything. Like at all. Unless you count grinding battlegrounds from 19-90, then deleting the character and starting over as farming. I'm in it purely because it amuses me and its a fun way to de-stress. I've got no interest in gold or crafting mats or anything really other than my BGs. I've got my 100 Hunter's garrison set up to generate gold. Probably a few thousand a week. And its all i ever really need. Never thought i'd have to preempt a ban for botting with videos of me playing when all i do is BGs and garrison missions.
Still no response from Blizz on the appeal ticket, but it seems like they rarely overturn suspensions. And these days, you cant even call in to customer service. Their automated phone system just tells you to go online, then hangs up on you.

Dude, if you need help getting streaming on twitch going, let me know. It's easy and all it does is take some bandwidth while you're playing. You essentially just use OBS (https://obsproject.com/) and do it. Once you set it up it's literally one button and you're streaming. Make sure in Twitch settings you automatically archive every stream, that way if you ever need to, you can go in and EXPORT your streamed video from twitch directly to youtube. I do that often to save hard drive space.

If I were you, I'd speak with a supervisor on the phone. To do it, press "CONTACT SUPPORT" on the upper right after logging onto the battle.net website and going to support. Select WoW, press "Account" (not gameplay) and select "Issue not listed" or whatever. You can then get a callback. Blizzard will call you on the phone. I talked to a supervisor today for 30 minutes in fact.

It's dumb that you need to have video all the time, but it's extremely useful and it's sort of like police wearing bodycams these days and it can work for or against you but hopefully for.

Dude, if you need help getting streaming on twitch going, let me know. It's easy and all it does is take some bandwidth while you're playing. You essentially just use OBS (https://obsproject.com/) and do it. Once you set it up it's literally one button and you're streaming. Make sure in Twitch settings you automatically archive every stream, that way if you ever need to, you can go in and EXPORT your streamed video from twitch directly to youtube. I do that often to save hard drive space.

If I were you, I'd speak with a supervisor on the phone. To do it, press "CONTACT SUPPORT" on the upper right after logging onto the battle.net website and going to support. Select WoW, press "Account" (not gameplay) and select "Issue not listed" or whatever. You can then get a callback. Blizzard will call you on the phone. I talked to a supervisor today for 30 minutes in fact.

It's dumb that you need to have video all the time, but it's extremely useful and it's sort of like police wearing bodycams these days and it can work for or against you but hopefully for.

I appreciate the offer, but I've got nothing to stream, and who knows if i ever will.

edit: as for the customer service thing, i'm sure i'll be dealing with them again soon. i'll use the supervisor tactic for sure.

Last edited:
Blizzard Entertainment <noreply@blizzard.com>
6:28 PM (21 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear ***************,

The status of your Customer Support ticket #54360484 has changed to “Resolved.”

You can view your ticket details or check its status by clicking the link below:
<http://us.battle.net/support/case/detail/54360484>

If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Thank you for your continued correspondence. After an additional thorough review of the action taken against this account, we regret to inform you that we have arrived at the same conclusion and the account action will not be removed under any circumstances.

While we understand that you may have concerns regarding the nature or application of the policies related to this account action, we must reiterate that it is the result of a breach of the Terms of Use (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html), which all players accept before accessing the game environment.

As this issue has been reviewed by multiple representatives, it is now considered closed. Should you have any questions regarding a different account or issue, please feel free to contact us again. However, further inquiries regarding this issue will no longer receive a reply.

How does a ticket status changed to “Resolved”?
-By you. You can mark a ticket as “Resolved” if you are satisfied with the answer provided in the ticket.
-By our system. Our system will automatically resolve tickets that have a status of “Answered” or "Need Info" for more than 7 days.
-By Customer Support. For tickets that were created over the phone or in-game, Customer Support will mark the ticket as “Resolved” after we get confirmation from you. However, you can always either reopen the ticket or create a new ticket if the problem reoccurs.

What can I do next?
- Take the customer satisfaction survey. Your answers to this quick survey will let us know what you thought of our customer support, and will help us improve our efforts in the future. Take the survey at <http://us.battle.net/support/survey/54360484>.

What if the problem happens again?
You can either reopen your ticket, or create a new ticket, after it's been marked as "Resolved."

Regards,

The Customer Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment

If you no longer wish to receive these automatic responses from Blizzard, click here to unsubscribe: <https://www.battle.net/account/management/settings/change-communication.html>

---------------------------------------

So... customer service got back to me. Guess its time to get them on the phone... again...

I suppose it might be redundant at this point, but if you plan on sending any future tickets/emails/etc, a personal suggestion would be to post here with what you want to say before doing so. I understand that you're frustrated and feel wronged, but the conversations with Blizzard you have posted leave you seeming incredibly arrogant (insisting that you were banned for being too good, that they better make the right decision, etc) .. which is only going to hurt you. Them liking you goes a long ways, and you aren't making any friends with that sort of finger-pointing.

I think it would be smart to post the content of a ticket you want to send here and ask people for input about how it sounds.
We might have been looking at a different story if your tickets/conversations were more respsectfully worded and focused on showing Blizzard that you wanted to work with them, trying to find out what went wrong and how you could potentially redeem yourself, rather than incessantly repeating that they had made a mistake, were dumb, and things like that.

I suppose it might be redundant at this point, but if you plan on sending any future tickets/emails/etc, a personal suggestion would be to post here with what you want to say before doing so. I understand that you're frustrated and feel wronged, but the conversations with Blizzard you have posted leave you seeming incredibly arrogant (insisting that you were banned for being too good, that they better make the right decision, etc) .. which is only going to hurt you. Them liking you goes a long ways, and you aren't making any friends with that sort of finger-pointing.

I think it would be smart to post the content of a ticket you want to send here and ask people for input about how it sounds.
We might have been looking at a different story if your tickets/conversations were more respsectfully worded and focused on showing Blizzard that you wanted to work with them, trying to find out what went wrong and how you could potentially redeem yourself, rather than incessantly repeating that they had made a mistake, were dumb, and things like that.

I understand your point. And I pose you a question: lets say you bought a car. Paid for it. Had it for a bit, and then the seller came to you, said your money was fake (which, in this example, it was not), and took the car back. Now... the recourse here would be going to the police. So you call the police and they say ''a detective is reviewing the case'' great!... you wait a while and you get an email from the detective. ''your money was fake, this matter is closed''. But it wasnt fake... you didnt do anything wrong. You tell the police that. You tell them you can prove it. You appeal to them and explain. Their answer is ''case closed''. You try again, same answer. You try a third time... same answer. Tell me... at what point would you start getting angry? After someone took away what you paid for? After they called you a liar? After the police called you a liar? After the first time you try to talk to them and they just run you in circles saying theres nothing they can do? The second time? Third time? I know it's not a perfect example, as there are plenty more avenues to travel in the real world. Hire a lawyer, etc etc... but i think it gets my point across.

I started off here angry at them. I do not cheat and they are telling me that I do. They claim to have evidence. They will not show it to me. They wont even tell me what it is. I've been playing this game for 8 years and i have never cheated. And they wont even so much as talk to me. I dont want to work with them. I want them to fix their fuckup. I did my end. I paid them and i abided by their rules. It is their responsibility to remedy their error.

But first things first, try to communicate with blizzard in a good manner and I am sure they will tell you about the whys.

Blizzard will never explain exactly what tipped them off to a botter, for a very good reason. The programmers of bots such as honorbuddy make their living on these bots, and 90% of their job is rewriting the bot each patch for the purpose of keeping it undetectable by Blizzard. It's a constant circle- Blizzard catches on and bans a bunch of people at once, so then honorbuddy patches the bot with more tricks to keep it undetected, so blizzard does their research and bans as many people at once before it gets changed again, etc.

These people who are making money off bots would pay a LOT to know exactly what it was about their programs that tripped the anti-botting software. That's why Blizz will never disclose that information.

Blizzard will never explain exactly what tipped them off to a botter, for a very good reason. The programmers of bots such as honorbuddy make their living on these bots, and 90% of their job is rewriting the bot each patch for the purpose of keeping it undetectable by Blizzard. It's a constant circle- Blizzard catches on and bans a bunch of people at once, so then honorbuddy patches the bot with more tricks to keep it undetected, so blizzard does their research and bans as many people at once before it gets changed again, etc.

These people who are making money off bots would pay a LOT to know exactly what it was about their programs that tripped the anti-botting software. That's why Blizz will never disclose that information.

I'm not even trying to ask them ''how did you catch me?'' or ''what tipped you off?''.. mostly because they didn't actually catch me. Either A) their program produced a false positive or B) they banned me because people rage-reported me. I'm asking them ''what did you catch me using?'' and ''what did i do?''. The real answer is ''nothing''. Their answer of ''the matter is closed'' is wholly insufficient from a customer service perspective. That's just not how you do business. I, as a customer, dont give a rats ass about their bottom lines or hackers or anything like that. I care about their business relationship with me... which, at this point, is completely fucked. This isn't top secret shit I'm after, I'm not asking them to disclose anything that could ever set them back against the hackers. I just want them to tell me the name (or even the general nature) of the program they caught me running that is against the rules (edit: because the answer of ''we saw a RAM spike while you were playing so we banned you'' is complete horseshit. Maybe my computer started a virus scan. Maybe I'm also watching a movie, maybe my computer is doing any number of completely innocuous things that have literally zero to do with the game. If their policy is to ban anyone who's computer they see a RAM spike or a resource spike on, everyone would get banned.). And I'm 100% positive they can't do that. Because I'm not running anything of the sort and I never have. And if they ACTUALLY did an investigation, they would see that. Because the other option here... is they aren't answering my question because they can't. They didn't actually catch anything, they just saw someone crushing the meters and saw people complaining (or a blizzard employee was playing and repeatedly got their teeth kicked in against me and called their buddy who bans people) and decided to throw a ban out. No matter what, they don't have an actual leg to stand on here. They are hiding behind their nondisclosure thing to avoid admitting a mistake on their end. (2nd edit: not that I believe that will, in any way, stop them from upholding this bullshit suspension.)

Last edited:
Have you tried what others suggested and posted your whole story on the official forums?

I actually solved a problem today with blizz I had myself and they acknowledged their mistake and offered me anything I wanted for this game, faction change, special/rare mount, free subscription/faction change, level 90 boost anything I could think of. I was actually amazed it went this smooth and CS was pretty nice. Sure they fked it up, but this is a nice gesture.. I just can't immagine them treating customers this way. There surely must be something you can do.

Have you tried what others suggested and posted your whole story on the official forums?

I actually solved a problem today with blizz I had myself and they acknowledged their mistake and offered me anything I wanted for this game, faction change, special/rare mount, free subscription/faction change, level 90 boost anything I could think of. I was actually amazed it went this smooth and CS was pretty nice. Sure they fked it up, but this is a nice gesture.. I just can't immagine them treating customers this way. There surely must be something you can do.

When your account is suspended, they ban it from the official WoW forums as well, so i cant. I could try BNet i suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread