6 Month Ban for Twinking!

Harbinger

Grandfathered
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Harbinger and i play and twink hunters. Specifically 60-69 and 70-79.
My current projects are:
Pikeline - US Arthas
Thxobummer - US Arthas
Joesarno - US Arthas

So, I'm playing Thxobummer today with my disc priest friend, spamming xp-on BGs 60-69. Kicking the shit out of people. Here are a few screenshots:
t98xF3l.jpg

x4svVD8.jpg

I could go on but they all basically look like that, me with a shitload of dmg done, lots of KBs, blah blah I'm a twink hunter. We were queueing MM Hunt, Disc. We play together all the time. Did probably 10 BGs in a row today, and in the last one i start rubberbanding really badly. This is something totally new, but ive heard of it happening when someone at blizzard is watching you in real time. I think nothing of it. I'm at my keyboard, i use very few addons, definitely not botting or cheating in any way. I use maybe 3 macros. I'm good at what i do because i play hunters. Pretty much exclusively. So fast forward about 5 minutes, my buddy and i decide to take a break. I log off and 30 seconds later i get an email from blizz:
Account: World of Warcraft
Character: Thxobummer
Realm: Arthas
Account Action: 6 MONTH SUSPENSION
Offense: Cheating - Botting

Details: The following character has been verified using third-party software in Battlegrounds

The actions detailed above have been deemed inappropriate for World of Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment. If the behavior continues it may result in further account action, leading to or including account closure.

For further information, please view the World of Warcraft Policies and Terms of Use Agreement:
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/779
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

For any concerns or disputes on this matter, please contact Account Administration via our Support Site and our Account Administration team will be happy to assist you:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit

We thank you in advance for respecting our position.

----------------------

.... Botting? CAN people write bots that kick the shit out of people in pvp now? Only bots i see just run around mounted and get splattered by actual players. What the fuck? I think to myself. Ok, lets appeal... I am running no third party software at all.:

Dear ***********,

Thank you for contacting the Blizzard Customer Support team. Your Support ticket #54360616 has been successfully created.

You can view your ticket details and check its status by clicking the link below:
<http://us.battle.net/support/en/case/detail/54360616>

If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

This is the ticket description:
got a report that im botting... guess you guys watched me pvp because i was rubberbanding really badly in wsg... i am not botting, im just good.

We will send you another email when a Customer Service representative replies to your ticket, which under normal conditions happens within 24 hours (but please allow up to 2 days). Meanwhile, we strongly suggest that you do not submit duplicate tickets, as doing so will only lengthen your wait time.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please log in to the Blizzard Customer Support web site at <http://www.battle.net/support/> and reply to the ticket.

Regards,

The Customer Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment

If you no longer wish to receive these automatic responses from Blizzard, click here to unsubscribe: <https://www.battle.net/account/management/settings/change-communication.html>
-------------------------------------------------

I then hop on blizzard's support and ask for a callback. I get one about 10 minutes later from customer service. After verifying all my info and whatnot, it goes something like this:
[CS]: Ok so it looks like you already appealed this ticket.
[ME]: Yes, unban me thanks. Im sitting here at my computer, im not botting, im pvping with a friend. Look at my characters. Do people who bot typically dump tens of thousands of gold into twinking their mid lvl 60s Hunters and then run around pvp destroying everything? Are you actually serious about this?
[CS]: Well you created a support ticket already, its been passed along to the people in that department.
[ME]: great, connect me to that department
[CS]: cant
[ME]: why?
[CS]: you cant talk to them. the ticket has been passed along, they'll probably get back to you within an hour or so.
[ME]: so because a lot of angry players reported me because i was killing them, you people ban me?
[CS]: that department is reviewing. they'll respond to the ticket in an hour or so.
[ME]: uhm.... ok.
-call end.

So that wasnt super productive, but from the guy's tone, it sounded like he looked at my characters and sorta understood that it was bullshit. Ok, so the ticket has gone up the chain to whoever reviews it. I'm thinking the ban will be immediately lifted.

10 minutes later i get an email:
Dear **********,

The status of your Customer Support ticket #54360484 has changed to “Answered.”

You can view your ticket details or check its status by clicking the link below:
<http://us.battle.net/support/case/detail/54360484>

If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings,

After an additional thorough review of the action taken against this account, we regret to inform you that we have arrived at the same conclusion and the account action will not be removed under any circumstances.

While we understand that you may have concerns regarding the nature or application of the policies related to this account action; however, we must reiterate that it is the result of a breach of the Terms of Use (http://blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html), which all players accept before accessing our game environments.

As this issue has been reviewed thoroughly, it is now considered closed. Should you have any questions regarding a different account or issue, please feel free to contact us again. However, further inquiries regarding this issue will no longer receive a reply.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
https://battle.net/support/

What does the “Answered” status mean?
- A ticket in “Answered” status means that a Customer Support representative has provided an answer to your ticket.

What can I do next?
- You can click “Need More Help” in-game, after you view the in-game response.
- Or, you can choose the “I still have a problem” option on the ticket detail page. Please note that if you choose this option, your in-game ticket will be converted into a web ticket. It will no longer be viewable in game, but will be visible on the Blizzard Customer Support web site instead.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please log in to the Blizzard Customer Support web site at <http://www.battle.net/support/> and reply to the ticket.

Regards,

The Customer Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment

If you no longer wish to receive these automatic responses from Blizzard, click here to unsubscribe: <https://www.battle.net/account/management/settings/change-communication.html>
---------------------------------------------

So the end of this story is: i am now banned for 6 months for gearing my hunter well and pvping well. Great job blizzard!

im a douche for playing a hunter well? or for the toon name? yeah the toon name is douchey... its supposed to be.

i dont use a kick bot. never have, never will. my addons list is as follows:
Altoholic
BattlegroundTargets
Beancounter
DataStore
DBM
ElvUI
Enchantrix
Informant
MasterPlan
MikScrollingBattletext
Skada
Slidebar
WeakAuras

Edit: Hell i dont even pvp seriously. No arenas, just casual lvling bgs. Only got 2 toons at 100. I use them to feed gold for gearing my lowbie hunters, and basically nothing else.

im a douche for playing a hunter well? or for the toon name? yeah the toon name is douchey... its supposed to be.
You sound douchee from what read in conversation between u and gm.
If you act like they own you something - they prob never gonna help you.
Play dumb with them, it gets you longer way.

that was a basic summary of the conversation, not verbatim... my tone on the phone was more completely bewildered than entitled. And as an aside, as a paying customer who actually IS NOT cheating in any way, its pretty messed up of them to throw a 6 month ban at me. I use no third party software, no kickbots, no scripts; and i wouldnt even know where to get one. As it goes I'm completely clueless when it comes to things like coding, scripting, etc. so writing my own wouldnt work. I'm a casual player who really only plays xp-on bgs. I dont raid, dont pvp at 100. I log in, do some bgs and log out. And I pride myself on not cheating. I dont feel the need to. In fact, cheating would make my toons level faster, which is against the point of what I do.

Kind of seems harsh if u were fair dinkum not using botting software. They did mention that they verified 3rd party software, and I'm sure it wouldn't be just the normal addons they were looking for. Did they give any further details as to what they detected?

I actually wrote back and asked them what software they have verified me using. No response. I'm thinking about calling them again.

I use no third party software, no kickbots, no scripts; and i wouldnt even know where to get one. .

Well that could of been a democrat supporter who didn't like your name, you never know.
I'd waited few weeks/month and after tried to open ticket again saying
" Hey i just got back to game and im banned for some reason "

Don't think they gonna unban you straight away since they say they did " confirmed it "
(assume they rely on theirown anti bot software)

In any case we all just rent blizzards game accounts so they can do whatever and whenever they pleased.

Well that could of been a democrat supporter who didn't like your name, you never know.
I'd waited few weeks/month and after tried to open ticket again saying
" Hey i just got back to game and im banned for some reason "

Don't think they gonna unban you straight away since they say the did " confirmed it "
(assume they rely on theirown anti bot software)

In any case we all just rent blizzards game accounts so they can do whatever and whenever they pleased.

I suppose thats possible. What's funny is I'm a democrat (100% pro Bernie). If you look at the screenshots i posted, my pvp buddy is named Amurican. They're joke names. And they arent even TOS violating joke names. If blizz bans people for making a joke name that isn't violating their naming rules... I dunno what to say. They're saying they verified that I'm using 3rd party software, I'm waiting to hear from them specifically what software that might be (spoiler: there isn't any).

edit: and as for the anti-bot software... I'm pretty good with Counter Shot. Not 100%. But probably 80%. Maybe I should have interrupted less?

you dont get banned for botting if you dont use a bot, most people who use a bot dont even get banned so cmon

I am legitimately not botting (i get that you have no reason to believe me. But I'd ask you this: if I WAS botting, why post a thread here complaining about a ban? Botting is bannable, everyone knows that. I am not botting). I even offered the CS rep to allow me to log in, ill hop right back into pvp, and they can monitor me all they want, I'd even let them direct connect to my computer to see absolutely every program running on it as i play (tho i think they do this anyway?). Performance wont change whatsoever. I've been playing xp off and xp on hunters in pvp since Wrath. It's basically all I do and I'm pretty good at it. I have literally been banned for being good at playing a hunter.

edit: and as for the anti-bot software... I'm pretty good with Counter Shot. Not 100%. But probably 80%. Maybe I should have interrupted less?

Well i got 3 day for having a character named Blackjesus once.
Do note that we cant confirm jesus was actually white and its hard to believe he was as white as ppl believe he was, considering that part of the world and all that.

It is possible ppl reported you alot and you got sniped eventually.
Regardless of how fun it is to ruin bgs with geared character + pocket heals it is bane to face such ppl.
So karma.

Also i feel i should add, I have never been banned for botting before. I have never botted. I'm not a gold farmer, nor have I ever bought gold. Havent paid to powerlevel. I dont run any shady addons or any 3rd party software at all. This is not something that would come up in my account history. A GM never contacted me in game to ask questions. I dont even know if they actually WERE monitoring my play (the ''rubberbanding = blizz is watching you'' thing is just something I've heard over the years, no idea if its actually true)

Well i got 3 day for having a character named Blackjesus once.
Do note that we cant confirm jesus was actually white and its had to believe he was as white as ppl believe he was, considering that part of the world and all that.

It is possible ppl reported you alot and you got sniped eventually.
Regardless of how fun it is to ruin bgs with geared character + pocket heals it is bane to face such ppl.
So karma.

It's karma to take time picking out and getting gear for my character? Erm... that doesnt really hold water. I could say the same thing about going into casual BGs at 100 in full current season pvp gear with a healer. I'm not using legacy gear that isnt available to anyone else. I took the time to run the dungeons, get the gear, gem and chant it. Literally anyone could do it. Because i choose to and someone else doesnt, that means i'm ruining the game for them? C'mon....

I dunno. Why would you post about XP-On BG farming on a website called XPOff.com?

Get it?

XP........... Off?

I play xp-off as well (for example, my 74 hunter was a 24 xp-off twink up until they changed the pvp brackets again), this just happened while i was playing xp-on. However, you seem to have missed the actual point. I was banned for playing well. They tell me I'm running 3rd party software and I'm actually not. I ask blizz what 3rd party software they ''caught me using'' and they have no answer for me.

Users who are viewing this thread