10-19 2015 TC Discussion, Planning, Indiegogo

Would you prefer a community stream or Gamers-League stream?

• Community Stream

Votes: 102 55.7%
  • Gamers-League

Votes: 81 44.3%

• Total voters
Gonna be interesting to see what excuse MYT uses when they lose.

Unless someone is exploiting or breaks whatever rules are in place won't be any excuses if we lose. Loses are easier to happen now given the time limit in the gulch so could lose some battles but win war.

Old schoolers are OP, so if you were good enough to rep MYT back when twinking was much bigger and more competitive than today then you're good enough now. :) Feel free to send a message to anyone in guild and come join us if you're still on Arthas or want to return. We're putting a pretty impressive group of old schooolers together (quietly though, don't want to spook the kids as they quit when they lose enough already).

I must warn you though - when you win they'll make @ your class combo posts and use you as an example of how it MUST be bad if you can win with it! But seriously, MYT always has attracted jealous trash talk and always will. That's part of the appeal. :)

I thought you said you hadn't premaded since BC. There wasn't an exp off bracket back then so you'd que with and against levelers which means it couldn't have been more competitive than it is now. I also don't get why your old schoolers who haven't played 19s in probably years would be better than people who have kept current with their 19s and play them all the time.

I thought you said you hadn't premaded since BC. There wasn't an exp off bracket back then so you'd que with and against levelers which means it couldn't have been more competitive than it is now. I also don't get why your old schoolers who haven't played 19s in probably years would be better than people who have kept current with their 19s and play them all the time.

He's delusional. He thinks 19's have gotten less competitive since he played, but that's impossible because back in his time they played vs levelers like you said. I'm really hoping he's just a good troll because he's getting people's attention. Although, if he is being serious I feel extremely bad because of how lost he is. I don't think he's agreed with many people on any of the threads he's created/posted on. Trash priest in the gulch and he only proves that the more he posts. [MENTION=24731]MYT[/MENTION]

He's delusional. He thinks 19's have gotten less competitive since he played, but that's impossible because back in his time they played vs levelers like you said. I'm really hoping he's just a good troll because he's getting people's attention. Although, if he is being serious I feel extremely bad because of how lost he is. I don't think he's agreed with many people on any of the threads he's created/posted on. Trash priest in the gulch and he only proves that the more he posts. [MENTION=24731]MYT[/MENTION]

Cipe you've become my biggest fanboi.
It was insanely more competitive back then in team vs team because there were SOOOOO many more teams and ppl didn't /afk and quit queueing after loss like you and your guildmates and the alliance today. I won't bother explaining how it worked then any further because it doesn't think it will ever think in to someone like you that has their mind made up.
You keep theorycrafting and I'll keep winning. Keep making excuses for my wins but maybe eventually they'll sink in some day. I'd like to say we'll see when we finally premade SR, but will you be in the game?!?..... :|

Cipe you've become my biggest fanboi.
It was insanely more competitive back then in team vs team because there were SOOOOO many more teams and ppl didn't /afk and quit queueing after loss like you and your guildmates and the alliance today. I won't bother explaining how it worked then any further because it doesn't think it will ever think in to someone like you that has their mind made up.
You keep theorycrafting and I'll keep winning. Keep making excuses for my wins but maybe eventually they'll sink in some day. I'd like to say we'll see when we finally premade SR, but will you be in the game?!?..... :|

Fanboi? Haha...I believe I have only mentioned you a couple of times when others have done it a lot more. When teams need to established they are, take the Twink Cup for example. I don't know many people who /afk anymore, unless they are doing so to switch to other faction to help. I dont believe SR is anywhere close to as bad with afking as it used to be, I also don't afk unless I'm swapping toons.

I doubt you'll ever premade SR because you're all talk. If you do actually intend on participating in the Twink Cup you wont make it far enough to even play them. There is a possibility I will play with them and there is also the possibility I won't. I dont pretend to be the greatest like you, and if SR has/recruits a better priest than me then that's fine. Pizza gives everyone a chance and although I don't play all the time with them, when I get the chance I love it and I play well.

Continue being lost and cya in the gulch :D <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Bracket was at its best in TBC/WOTLK due to vast amounts of players and guilds, and a general better atmosphere for twinking. Without question. People who didn't get to experience it, sorry ;) GUILD PUNISHMENT FO LIFE

You kids may be too young to remember this, but long ago, before cross-battlgroup ques, before even "xp-off" there was a place where top twinking guilds in many brackets would square off.

It was a magical, mystical land, the concept of which is so clearly beyond the grasp of your very young & noobish minds.

It was called:

P.T.R.

Saying that the best twinking guilds were worse back in BC/Wrath since pugs had non-twinks is just bloody stupid. There were obviously no pugs in guild vs guild 10v10s, you seriously can't believe that pugs were a factor in those premades, but then again, nobody ever accused you lot of being a bunch of geniuses...

You kids may be too young to remember this, but long ago, before cross-battlgroup ques, before even "xp-off" there was a place where top twinking guilds in many brackets would square off.

It was a magical, mystical land, the concept of which is so clearly beyond the grasp of your very young & noobish minds.

It was called:

P.T.R.

Saying that the best twinking guilds were worse back in BC/Wrath since pugs had non-twinks is just bloody stupid. There were obviously no pugs in guild vs guild 10v10s, you seriously can't believe that pugs were a factor in those premades, but then again, nobody ever accused you lot of being a bunch of geniuses...

its not just that, just about every battlegroup in tbc could field a 10v10 premade any day of the week, and that did happen everyday of the week

It was called:

P.T.R.

Current twinks have no idea of the level of competition that occurred on the PTR. Not to mention that if they could timewarp back into bis twinks from that era and compete they'd get steamrolled.

The level of maturity was incredibly higher as well. It wasn't that there wasn't trash talk - there was way more. But we hosted a huge 1v1 tourney in the gurabashi arena and not a single time did someone sneak in with their main (which could easily be transferred and be anonymous) etc and disrupt a game. Not a single game got disrupted....and not just because so many of us transferred our mains to make sure we /end'ed anyone stupid enough to do that. In an era where the ppl DDOS attack, etc because it's the only way they can compete, it's refreshing to remember when people truly wanted the best to win (and of course wanted to earn the spot of best by winning).

I must have been dreaming because I thought I saw some recent posts QQing about has beens with people saying they "literally can't count how many times I've lost to <insert name of has been here>".

It was called:

P.T.R.

yeah ptr could be good especially if an EU team wants to play. but theres some uh things on ptr like ilvl 600 gear with no lvl req from vendors and stuff.

I'm sure he wasn't suggesting the PTR now...with wargames, all servers queueing together and xp off bg's it's unnecessary. We did it back then because we were on different battlegroups and when we went there it was just the serious twinks. Even the pugs were amazing.

Edit: Although the idea of having a wsg there with all the twinks wearing ilvl 600 gear is intriguing as you'd have to adjust to the different gameplay midgame.

But since we can't get pops currently on the normal server it's obvious we won't get 20 people to go to the effort of transferring and then queueing at same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure he wasn't suggesting the PTR now...with wargames, all servers queueing together and xp off bg's it's unnecessary. We did it back then because we were on different battlegroups and when we went there it was just the serious twinks. Even the pugs were amazing.

if an EU team makes an apearance i think PTR could be a good place to host it also with the availability of pretty much free enchants and not having to actually risk a toon because you forgot to turn xp off. you can "dupe" items over to the ptr and make it way easier and cheaper to gear up and compete as a guild. obviously we should take a look at the ptr before we seriously consider it but i think it could be a very viable option

Yeah it's a great place to play people you can't normally so meeting the EU there is a great idea.

The 19 bracket has higher quality players and guilds now than it has ever had in the past. I have been playing and leading my guild in the 19 bracket since the beginning of BC ('07) until now with no breaks in between. My 19 Hunter had over 300k HKs and 9,000 WSG wins and my new 19 Druid almost has 100k HKs and 2k WSG wins. I have lead my guild in more premades than any other guild over the years and have experienced vsing the top guilds of each expansion on live servers and the PTR. My guild has been the guild to beat since the end of BC until now. Each expansion my guild becomes stronger and stronger as I improve as a leader and my players continue to grow and develop around me. As we continuously improve, so does the rest of the bracket.

I have the longest history and the most experience out of any player in the 19 bracket. Trust me, the quality of players and the level of competition in the 19 bracket has improved year after year and will continue to do so.

Please take this post in the most humble way possible.

The 19 bracket has higher quality players and guilds now than it has ever had in the past. I have been playing and leading my guild in the 19 bracket since the beginning of BC ('07) until now with no breaks in between. My 19 Hunter had over 300k HKs and 9,000 WSG wins and my new 19 Druid almost has 100k HKs and 2k WSG wins. I have lead my guild in more premades than any other guild over the years and have experienced vsing the top guilds of each expansion on live servers and the PTR. My guild has been the guild to beat since the end of BC until now. Each expansion my guild becomes stronger and stronger as I improve as a leader and my players continue to grow and develop around me. As we continuously improve, so does the rest of the bracket.

I have the longest history and the most experience out of any player in the 19 bracket. Trust me, the quality of players and the level of competition in the 19 bracket has improved year after year and will continue to do so.

Miss the forum banter we went through back in the day <3

In all seriousness I have a few comments. I have a lot of respect for what you've accomplished over time, and I think you have a lot of credibility to say your guild is the best right now (until you're proven otherwise) and has been for some period of time.

First, I think it's important you cite the end of BC as when your guild started dominating. That's also the point in time that all of the top guilds up to that point starting quitting 19's (either outright quitting 19's like 19, or probably losing half+ of their a team as people moved on due to lack of challenge except for a very small elite group of guilds on the PTR). Your accomplishments since then are phenomenal but the level of competition before you were a dominant guild was incredibly high. So your longevity, in my opinion, doesn't mean you have an expert opinion to compare any point in time from the end of BC to the vanilla and bulk of BC days - when there were literally 10 times the twinks on basically every battlegroup in 19 that there are in total today (where we're all combined and can't get an WSG pop if some whiny kids get tired of losing so single handedly ruin it).

Regarding the current players, it's just absurd to say they're better than players at the peak of twinking. Simply put SR has the title of best right now and you've got some starters on your team that are bad players that have absolutely no concept of how to play objectives, etc or do anything but stand in the middle and spam their buttons. I've seen them in wsg pugs when the games break open - they literally have no idea what to do so you see them standing in middle anyways as efc runs right by them and their fc dies on the other side of them while they chase meaningless dmg/heal meter. They literally have no idea what to do without someone in teamspeak or whatever telling them exactly what to do.

Don't get me wrong - you have players that defy this. I personally think Dark Chewie is a really good FC, the best I've seen in the WSG pugs I played in during that 6-7 week stretch where they popped every night. Since I'm an objective based player I found myself around him more than my fair share and I think he's really good. I think you're really good and have thought that for a long time (after getting to see you during my short, extremely distracted attempt at return during the pain aid era where you personally helped me out a lot even though we didn't know each other before - which I appreciated so much by the way). I have been impressed by Grizz the mage when he isn't focused on damage meter at enemy gy which unfortunately he is too much - but I think he gets objective based play. But based on what I've witnessed first hand in games and by watching 5-10 minute vids of your games in the somewhat current era, I see a lot of bad play by people that are starters for SR and listed as best at their class in the cliquish best lists. And I just can't buy that in an era where they are considered starters on the top team that the level of competition is anywhere close to where it used to be. Those guys would have made a team lose horribly in games with guilds like CL/TTU/Dominate/MYT/No Mercy (to name a few), and therefore that means the level isn't nearly as high in my opinion.

None of this take's away from your guild's status as current best or that you've dominated for the last several years (which I presume based on absence of dispute by others is true - I can't say myself since I was MIA). You guys are the team to beat and I think everyone has to look at it that way until someone beats you more than you beat them.

Hope to see you relatively soon in a wargame. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread