10-19 2015 TC Discussion, Planning, Indiegogo

Would you prefer a community stream or Gamers-League stream?

• Community Stream

Votes: 102 55.7%
  • Gamers-League

Votes: 81 44.3%

• Total voters
Honestly trying to say bc is more skilled than the present is like saying Gretzky is better than Crosby/Kane/whoever you think is the best current NHL player (works for most sports). It's a completely different game

one thing I will say is that the overall skill gap between the top players and the run of the mill twinks has decresed significantly. Things that used to make twinks stand out like backstrafing, scroll clicking or just fast clicks, positioning, and terrain jumps have all become more commonplace than they were in bc.

thats relevant for wow as a whole, everyone back then was just straight up worse at the game. if u were actually fake casting and not s keying u were a god at endgame

So did you not play then (so have no idea what you're talking about) or did you play and just suck? Because I didn't know you, and if I didn't know you at 19 then you sucked or weren't there.

Plenty of ppl that didn't start till relatively recently think they know what early wow twinking was like. They're wrong, and they get it from people that sucked then that based their opinion on the bads that were beating them rather than actual good players (of which there were countless in twinking, and all the best guilds were all great players).

Your view of what the game was like then is so off base that either a) you didn't play then or b) you did and sucked. Just trying to figure out which one it is.

On a different topic, it does get old arguing old vs new as Rusks pointed out. Neither side knows for sure. I do know that that the fact that I returned from a long, long break and within one month was regularly beating the "best" players says a ton about the state of the bracket.

Ultimately I'm most interested in the group of old schoolers I play with / will be playing with dominating this bracket with actual results. I know they'll say we suck when we beat them because ppl that are 0-20+ vs me say I suck. But we'll know we earned the title of best current team and that's all that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:

What does end game have to do with twinking? The idea that great twinks are great at end game or great end gamers are great at twinking is false. Look at the "rank 1 rdruid" end gamer that's 0-20+ vs me. Does that mean I could instantly just go dominate end game since I beat him like a red headed stepchild?

Different concepts / different skill set / different passion / different things you sink your time into. I'm passionate about twinking. I did plenty of end game PVP in vanilla and enjoyed it for awhile but got tired of the hamster on the wheel approach.

Or perhaps you just make illogical assumptions or are very bad at communicating?

Let me put it this way - END GAME in vanilla was nothing like you described either. But then I was on a high pop pvp server from launch that developed some of the best end game guilds in the game so we had great competition. If you were playing people that were as terrible as you described, then either you weren't good enough to play the good people or you were on a pve and/or low pop server that happened to be bad.

Ultimately, I think most people say nonsense about everyone backpedaling around in vanilla to make themselves feel like they're better. They're not, but it makes them feel like they are.

Or perhaps you just make illogical assumptions or are very bad at communicating?

Let me put it this way - END GAME in vanilla was nothing like you described either. But then I was on a high pop pvp server from launch that developed some of the best end game guilds in the game so we had great competition. If you were playing people that were as terrible as you described, then either you weren't good enough to play the good people or you were on a pve and/or low pop server that happened to be bad.

Ultimately, I think most people say nonsense about everyone backpedaling around in vanilla to make themselves feel like they're better. They're not, but it makes them feel like they are.

Go play on a vanilla private server already, obviously your peaking point/glory days was vanilla/tbc. If you even to manage to get a team in the tournament you will get steam rolled gy farmed every game. Save your breath

Go play on a vanilla private server already, obviously your peaking point/glory days was vanilla/tbc. If you even to manage to get a team in the tournament you will get steam rolled gy farmed every game. Save your breath

Unless you'll be running a 10man 29 team with 4 BM's against me and 2 guildies only half geared because they rolled 29 that very morning, you won't be rolling any team I'm on.

Quite simply you're not nearly as good as you think you are - and neither are most of your teammates. The fact that you roll into 29 pugs 10 deep with 4BM's says everything that needs to be said about your lack of ability to win without that. What's next, your teammates ddos like they usually do? Don't pretend it's just SR - your crew is just as notorious for cheating/afking/everything else but winning.

Unless you'll be running a 10man 29 team with 4 BM's against me and 2 guildies only half geared because they rolled 29 that very morning, you won't be rolling any team I'm on.

Quite simply you're not nearly as good as you think you are - and neither are most of your teammates. The fact that you roll into 29 pugs 10 deep with 4BM's says everything that needs to be said about your lack of ability to win without that. What's next, your teammates ddos like they usually do? Don't pretend it's just SR - your crew is just as notorious for cheating/afking/everything else but winning.

I do not afk, I do not cheat, we could mirror you any comp any level and poop down your throat. Name the players on my team that ddos.

Lord Kunz sends his regards, the Harvest will remain plentiful with hog utter crust like yourself. Hail Kunz!

Actually I pretty vividly remember me and 2 newly rolled 29 teammates with half their max hp they'll have and I beating your 5 man group....it popped up in a post when you included us in a slam that we played "to the best of our ability". I pointed out that was an odd way to refer to a group that overcome being outnumbered 5v3 and outgeared because it was new ppl grinding honor in pugs yet still beating you.

Let me guess - this is why you switched to the 10man 4 bm team right? ;)

Good luck when you wargame us in the fairly near future.

Maybe I spoke out of schools...it's obvious there's ddos'ers/afkers on alliance as well as horde (they seem to be congregated largely in one guild on horde, although I'm not implying the majority of that guild behaves that way because I don't think they do). If it's different alliance than your team then my bad.

Keep that attitude about "mirror" although we don't really need to do a mirror. We'll do a reasonable rule set that will certainly not allow 4BMs because we don't have 4BMs because it's stupid to play that many of a broken class for 29. But I'm sure at least one will be allowed.

I only argue the old vs new stuff because I have a strong opinion about it. Ultimately what matters is what happens here and now and that's what I'm working hard every day to make happen. See you soon in wargames hopefully. It will be in 29 first as we're focused there thanks to your group killing 19 pugs (something I actually know was your group for sure).

I dont play 19s but this is what I love it for, to sit back and laugh over all this drama xD Cant wait for the turny to happend and to see ppl get ddosed and most of all bring up shitty excuses to why they lost. (Because 6 months preparation havnt been enough)

Plenty of ppl that didn't start till relatively recently think they know what early wow twinking was like. They're wrong, and they get it from people that sucked then that based their opinion on the bads that were beating them rather than actual good players (of which there were countless in twinking, and all the best guilds were all great players).

Your view of what the game was like then is so off base that either a) you didn't play then or b) you did and sucked. Just trying to figure out which one it is.

On a different topic, it does get old arguing old vs new as Rusks pointed out. Neither side knows for sure. I do know that that the fact that I returned from a long, long break and within one month was regularly beating the "best" players says a ton about the state of the bracket.

Ultimately I'm most interested in the group of old schoolers I play with / will be playing with dominating this bracket with actual results. I know they'll say we suck when we beat them because ppl that are 0-20+ vs me say I suck. But we'll know we earned the title of best current team and that's all that matters.

No on gives a f*ck about vanilla, bc, wotlk, cata, mop. Literally, no one cares who someone used to be, what server they were from, what guild they were in, or how good/bad they were were. All that matters is now.

This is like comparing Michael Jordan to Lebron James /(whoever you think is the best).

The play-style was different and the skill-level was lower (19 twink wise).

People who give a sh*t about the distant past are lost. People have changed and gotten better/worse over the years. I can't wrap my head around how you think you can say you were the best 7 years ago so you must be the best now. Pizza doesn't go around bragging about his victories 7 years ago.

Like I said, the only thing that matter is the now. If you want to continue making noise, do it when you can back yourself up with current events.

EDIT: After reading the rest of the posts... HB WENT IN!

TLDR

1. Once-upon-a-timer thinks people will care about his past achievements
2. No one cares, still thinks he sucks

Where to start:

Thanks for reiterating my point that what matters most is what happens now, Guess the only confusing part is why you presented it as if that was new information.

Regarding your analogies about the past though, you're off base. If you think people don't care about Lebron/Jordan just because YOU don't care you're sadly mistaken. That's a constantly discussed subject, and kids that don't know any better keep saying Lebron when it's absurd to think that. Just like it's absurd to see you trying to educate me on how to be a great priest (which you've tried to do elsewhere).

So like I said, what matters now is what matters now. However; I'm not sure what bubble you live in but I back my mouth up on a daily basis. Start queuing arena 19 or 29, or 29 bg if you want to witness. I was doing it in 19 wsg's too before bads killed queues. It's another absurd parody of me that I don't play - I doubt that anyone has queued more over last 2.5 months amongst those two brackets, and I have a job on top of it and work hard at rebuilding a guild!

Maybe you just didn't notice I was there because I was busy playing flags and winning games while you stood in middle and spammed your buttons?

TLDR

1. Once-upon-a-timer thinks people will care about his past achievements
2. No one cares, still thinks he sucks

How much relevance do we assign to someone that continues to say I suck yet they are literally 0-20+ against me? Have you ever beaten me at anything?!?!

Where to start:

Thanks for reiterating my point that what matters most is what happens now, Guess the only confusing part is why you presented it as if that was new information.

Regarding your analogies about the past though, you're off base. If you think people don't care about Lebron/Jordan just because YOU don't care you're sadly mistaken. That's a constantly discussed subject, and kids that don't know any better keep saying Lebron when it's absurd to think that. Just like it's absurd to see you trying to educate me on how to be a great priest (which you've tried to do elsewhere).

So like I said, what matters now is what matters now. However; I'm not sure what bubble you live in but I back my mouth up on a daily basis. Start queuing arena 19 or 29, or 29 bg if you want to witness. I was doing it in 19 wsg's too before bads killed queues. It's another absurd parody of me that I don't play - I doubt that anyone has queued more over last 2.5 months amongst those two brackets, and I have a job on top of it and work hard at rebuilding a guild!

Maybe you just didn't notice I was there because I was busy playing flags and winning games while you stood in middle and spammed your buttons?

I am not off base. I was referring to you. You believe you are the Michael Jordan of the time.

The COMMUNITY of basketball CAN debate who is better. (Although, many still say you can't compare them because of how the sport has changed.) The thing you DONT hear is Michael Jordan saying he is better than Lebron. He's smart enough to realize, you just cant do that. Please compare your present gameplay. Post a video or SS or something of you carrying or being the MVP. If you supported your claim another way than mentioning the past the majority of the time you wouldn't be attacked as much.

Also, I've never tried to convince you. Please quote me if I have :D

Good joke saying I play for the charts. I play objectives, it is just that usually we are stomping the other team so "containing" is a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread