19 Quick Start Gearing Guide [BfA]

These are the important enchants for 19s in BfA, broken out by slot. Each enchant links to the various enchants that give the same results. Enchants that are the same for various secondaries (ex, Gift of Versatility/Haste/Crit) will link to the versatility version - you can figure it out from there if you want crit/haste. Heavily based on @Swoops enchant scaling spreadsheet.

Also, for neck/weapon proc enchants - read up on how different proc types work. Proc rates are usually listed in the spreadsheet above.

AP = Attack Power. Str/Agi (whichever is your primary stat) usually gives 1 AP
SP = Spellpower. Int usually gives 1 AP for classes that use Int

Neck

Shoulders (on BoAs only)

Cloak

Chest

Bracers

Gloves

Legs

Boots

Rings

Weapon

Ranged Weapon

Shield

Offhand

Last edited:
I have a pair of boa legs with +5stam +2dodge instead of the standard 4/2, and i also saw another person with it as well. i think it might be gf'd, because i've combed through the available leg enchants and only found 4/2 variants.

oh it's you, necro. you're the other person i've seen with it. do you have any further details on this enchant?

I have a pair of boa legs with +5stam +2dodge instead of the standard 4/2, and i also saw another person with it as well. i think it might be gf'd, because i've combed through the available leg enchants and only found 4/2 variants.

oh it's you, necro. you're the other person i've seen with it. do you have any further details on this enchant?

Just glanced quickly. Didnt see these in the spreadsheet.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=85570/toughened-leg-armor
https://www.wowhead.com/item=71720/drakehide-leg-armor

The 5/2 enchant is grandfathered. At some point they redid the actual spells, so the old leg enchants didn't scale to the new stuff. If you don't have it, then its too late and the 4/2 variants are it. Its somewhat meh since you can get 4/2 on any BoE legs, and getting a bunch of verse from BoE legs is probably worth more than the 1 stam.

Toughened ends up being 2/1 and drakehide 2/2. I'm guessing they aren't on the spreadsheet since theyre not comparable.

Last edited:
Movespeed

I talk about movespeed throughout the guide, but I'd like to dedicate a separate section to it as well. Its not something that you can really figure out from tooltips, so theres a lot of people who don't understand and have sub-optimal enchant setups. If you want to see more details about your movespeed and other stats, grab the dejacharstats addon.

If you don't care about the details, the TL;DR is that Minor Speed is awesome and stacks with everything. If you use a hybrid enchant over minor speed, then don't use the Gift cloak enchant or Cunning Hunter Pet. Druids/shamans should really consider

So lets go over a few common movespeed modifiers. There are a bunch of others, including worgen speed boost, the BG speed boost, warrior war machine, etc. However we're mostly comparing passive speed boosts.
  • Minor Speed (10%, despite the tooltip)
  • Hybrid Boot Enchant (10%)
  • Gift Cloak Enchant (2%)
  • NE Racial Bonus (2%)
  • Hunter Cunning Pet (8%)
  • Druid Cat Form (30%)
  • Druid Travel Form (40%)
  • Shaman Ghost Wolf (30%)

So the most important thing to remember when it comes to movespeed, is that certain things do NOT stack. I'm not 100% sure why this is, but enchants specifically stack in weird ways. Minor Speed stacks with everything. Hybrid boot enchants do NOT stack with the cloak enchant. Shapeshift forms don't stack with the hybrid boot enchants, but do work with cloak enchants. Its somewhat confusing to try and describe the way these all relate, so I'm going to list various combinations and show the actual speeds. I don't know a lot of the NE interactions with travel forms - feel free to chime in if you know them.

Base movespeed = 100%
NE = 100 + 2 = 102%
Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 2 = 102%
NE with Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 2 + 2 = 104%
Cunning Pet = 100 + 8 = 108%
Gift Cloak Enchant and Cunning Pet = 100 + 2 + 8 = 110%
NE with Cunning Pet = 100 + 2 + 8 = 110%
Minor Speed = 100 + 10 = 110%
Hybrid Boot Enchant = 100 + 10 = 110%
NE with Hybrid Boot Enchant = 100 + 10 = 110%
Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 = 110%
NE with Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 = 110%
Cunning Pet and Hybrid Boot Enchant = 110%
Cunning Pet and Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 110%
NE with Cunning Pet and Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 110%
Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 + 2 = 112%
NE with Minor Speed = 100 + 10 + 2 = 112%
NE with Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 + 2 + 2 = 114%
Cunning Pet and Minor Speed = 100 + 10 + 8 = 118%
NE with Cunning Pet and Minor Speed = 100 + 10 + 8 + 2 = 120%
Cunning Pet and Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 + 8 + 2 = 120%
NE with Cunning Pet and Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 + 8 + 2 + 2 = 122%
Cat/Ghost Wolf = 100 + 30 = 130%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Hybrid Boot Enchant = 130%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Gift Cloak Enchant = 132%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 132%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Minor Speed = 140%
Travel Form = 140%
Travel Form with Hybrid Boot Enchant = 140%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 142%
Travel Form with Gift Cloak Enchant = 142%
Travel Form with Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 142%
Travel Form with Minor Speed = 150%
Travel Form with Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 152%

From this list you can see that the Hybrid Boot Enchant doesn't work well with a lot of things. You'll need to determine for yourself how much you want to reach a certain speed, but here are some recommendations.
  • If you have a Hybrid Boot Enchant, don't use the Gift Cloak Enchant, as it'll be 10% either way. This lets you get better cloak enchants like Shadow Armor.
  • If you have Minor Speed, go with the Gift Cloak Enchant to get 112% speed. If you don't use Gift to Cloak and don't have any other movespeed bonuses, then consider switching to a hybrid enchant.
  • Night Elves can be at 112% with just Minor Speed, allowing them to be comparable to most classes and choose a different cloak enchant. Or they can also get Gift to be slightly faster at 114%.
  • If you are a hunter, you'll probably want a set of boots with Minor Speed, a cloak with Gift, and a Cunning Pet for traveling between places at 120%. When you get to your destination, you can switch to a Hybrid Boot Enchant, another cloak enchant (shadow armor), and another pet (GFd mortal wounds carrion bird or Ferocity/Tenacity/Lone Wolf) and stay at 110% with some extra agility and a different pet buff.
  • Druids and Shamans should heavily consider Minor Speed, as it is the only thing to provide +10% movespeed in forms. A Hybrid boot enchant will mean 110% in caster, but no additional boost to cat/ghost wolf (130%) or travel form (140%). A Gift enchant to cloak will add 2% to the faster forms regardless.
  • When holding the flag with stats, no movespeed bonuses apply, so movespeed is capped at 100%. Consider having a set of boots with stam, a cloak with stam/armor/dodge, and a Tenacity Pet if you find yourself holding the flag with stacks.

Last edited:
So I am twinning a rogue and noticed that Feet Of the Lynx weren’t even mentioned for gear. Why is that? They’re 7/7 which seems fairly powerful imo. Compared to 8 agil or BG boots.

So I am twinning a rogue and noticed that Feet Of the Lynx weren’t even mentioned for gear. Why is that? They’re 7/7 which seems fairly powerful imo. Compared to 8 agil or BG boots.

Good catch. They should probably be there. The 8 agility boots are better for glass cannon pure damage. The BG Crate boots with the right verse/crit are probably better damage (5+ verse beats the 2 agility) and survivability (1 more stam, more verse) as well. But they're a solid option. Adding them.

I've been meaning to go through and also add some notable dungeon gear that is comparable with other BiS options. I've got https://www.wowhead.com/item=151421/scorched-blazehound-boots for example scales to 5 agility/7 stam/5 verse/2 crit at 19 which is arguably better than Feet of the Lynx.

Last edited:
May be obvious but is it worth using Legion TF bow or is flintlock to powerful for hunter?
Thinking about playing my hunter again but don't have woodchucker yet

Flintlocke/xray is too powerful. You can however do a weapon swap once it procs (theres a 40 second ICD for both of them) to the invasion bow (with whatever low level scope you can get) for maximum damage.

BfA Enchants Update

So BfA has been out for a couple of weeks and people are starting to get a chance to play around with enchants.

For enchants, @ohti has a great thread that can be found here. In summary, it looks like the main new enchant to pay attention to coastal surge for healers. Most healers will likely still want elemental force to greatly increase damage output. But as a pure healing option, coastal surge can be considered. Not sure for resto druids if heartsong's versatility or the potential HoT from coastal surge is better.

While Gale Force might seem tempting, its likely not worth it replacing elemental force for. There might be a case for a rogue/enhance/warrior/monk to use it for the proc and then switch off to elemental force, but generally pvp is too fast to wait for a proc. We'll see if anyone makes good use of it. Note that it doesn't increase haste, but attack speed. So it doesn't increase the proc rate of elemental force or any other RPPM enchant.

The navigation enchants are somewhat interesting as you can stack up to 19 crit/haste/verse. I don't think it'll be used over elemental force. The verse or armor options might be viable on a flag carrier druid however. Unfortuntely theres not a ton of info on how often it'll proc or how good it might be in comparison to other options.

For scopes, this thread and this thread have some relevant dicussions. Incendiary ammo seems like the only interesting option with ~350 damage hits, which can crit for ~600 damage. It seems to proc ,on average, once every 60-75 seconds on average, but you can get lucky with the procs (no or really low ICD). Its hard to say whether or not this is going to be better than other options. Adding a 350-600 hit to your shots is great for burst. The critter from flintlock is only about 200 damage (but can also crit). However theres no buff after that like flintlocke or gnomish xray. The "ideal" setup is probably flintlocke/gnomish until proc, then switch to incendiary and hope for a proc while focusing down a target with your extra agi/AP. Keep in mind thats more of a premade/wargame scenario where hunter procs let a team focus down a target.

For a solo queue player, incendiary ammo is probably an easier to get option and easier to play with. Theres no need for a high level hunter or to find someone with the obscure engineering recipe that is flintlocke's. Theres no need to try and pool resources a bit to use everything you can when your scope procs. That alone may make it worth using for many people.

I'll be updating the guide with the options shortly.

I love this guide. Can you add what Level 15 talent should be selected for each class/spec and why?

I used to have talents in the last guide, however I simply don't know all the classes well enough to know what works best - especially if 2 or 3 of the talents look good on paper. Ideally we see some individual class guides that would take care of things like that, but I think I've only seen a 19 resto shaman guide so far. It might be best to just ask in the 10-19 forum and see what discussion generates.

Users who are viewing this thread