Which bracket to play?

Ahv

Veteran
I'm new to twinking and can't decide on what bracket to play, and to be honest I can't work out what all the brackets are i.e. 20 is separate from 29? Anyways, I can't find much information about the brackets and their positives over another bracket so I was wondering if people could break down the positives and negatives of each bracket. The classes I want to twink are hunter first and foremost, then spriest and druid; the brackets I was thinking about twinking are 19, 29, and 39.

Side note: if the mods and community managers wanted to get together and make a pinned post about all the brackets and their strengths and weaknesses it would probably help a lot of newcomers to make decisions on what to twink and what bracket to twink.

39s are very active currently. People enjoy the bracket bc there are more skills, talent options & gear options. Nailing down a definite best in slot list is difficult because of the many options to choose from. Bracket is fairly balanced as a whole, moreso than 19s and 29s.

Brackets are x0-x9, but everyone gets their level scaled up to x9.
[doublepost=1541614957,1541614521][/doublepost]Oh and shameless plug:

I am hosting a 3s tourney in the 39 bracket. Should be going down early Feb. 1st place team takes $1k USD and some other goodies. Tell your friends/wives/daughters.

20-29 is the same bracket. 29s are for bottomfeeders though. In general the higher bracket you go the more classes are useful but the broken ones get more broken.

I find 59 to be the funnest bracket to play. The customization as far as proc gear & gemming is limitless, allowing you to play a much more diverse way than you could in other vanilla twink brackets.
Its also growing at an extremely* fast rate

Considering getting a few "make azeroth great again" hats as well lmao

Buahahahahaha. I'll help out with designing and putting up a few bucks for them. That is hilarious. Shoot over your addy if you still want that bisnation 39's T. I have a couple fresh ones chilling in the closet.

If anybody else wants to add their opinion, that'd be great! I'd like to make my decision based on many peoples' opinions rather than just a few people. Also, thank you to the previous posters for the opinions and guidance.

Despite I only recently started to experience this great Twinkworld, I will allow myself to offer an opinion too.

If anything up to 39 you would consider tempting because of reduced leveling time - I have to say leveling is the least time consuming thing. If you want 10-39 brackets from "community activities" perspective - from what I can judge screening these forums and discord for 2 weeks or so, all brackets have some active "social life" on both EU and NA. From gearing perspective - if you want to roll over levelers in random bgs, every class is viable (obviously some are stronger than others like disc or fury) and relatively easy to gear; if you want to gear into superultrabestinslot just to have it - you will need to do specific research yourself, since all this grandfather item stuff is there and world events happen (read - missed Hallows end and upcoming Wow anniversary).

I personally could not pick 39's and lower because only thought of having slow mount or not having it at all makes me want to cut myself. I picked 59 around a week ago, geared in couple days and have a lot of fun in random bgs. Unfortunately the "long"(?) queues of 7-10 minutes gave me motivation to start another 79 toon (haters can roast me here if you want to ;) ), just to have one of opposing faction and have flying (that you can turn into quite profitable mining experience while waiting in queue - yes, 2 professions, max bonuses etc - but for random bgs I don't really care about couple stats).

Regarding specific classes I can only confirm what "cool guys" have already said in different posts - if you are solo player it is easiest to gear class that can heal or tank to avoid longlonglong queues for random dungeons. Of course healer would be the pick if you want to be (relatively) undying too.

Anyway - good luck & I hope you will have as much fun in Twinkworld as I do. It provided me with amazing additional experience in greatest Massive Online Singleplayer RPG of all times ;)

Users who are viewing this thread