What the f___ i didnt even do anything wrong but use a speed pot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of speed pots, and I do think they make others have less fun when used. Druids are fast as they are with dash and stuff and while using speed pots too I can't even catch them while mounted, which is stupid. Ive been almost tempted to blacklist WSG just for the reason that a few of you are queueing up and going hard with speed pots. I wait 12 minutes in queue for a 6 minute game. I have plenty of gold, I could afford to make thousand of speed pots and use them all day long, but I don't. Call me lazy I guess I am, I just feel that gearing up my character and spending like 100 bucks of my real cash just to get his gear and spending hours leveling him up and doing dungeons for some gear too is enough work, I'm not gonna go through the process of making potions and trying to aquire the mats for them. The only thing I use that's consumable is maybe giant elixers because its just a small dps increase and there's thousands of them on the ah now for dirt cheap because people get them from garrison quests and stuff.

But why go through all that effort to make yourself supposedly BIS, and then gimp yourself by not taking the last step to be able to use a common consumable that everybody has access to? That's on you. That's no cause to come down on everyone else who isn't as lazy (your own words) as you are.

I see what you are saying, I just don't beleave in speed pots. Never liked them and ive been twinking since early wolk, and in the case of this bracket with the way druids are right now the speed potion puts them at an unfair level I think.

It takes 2 min to buy them off the AH, this has nothing to do with lazyness, it's about respecting the bracket. Speed pots are ruining games. When a rogue is speed potting to catch a druid, that he was never meant to catch, it's fucked. He has stealth, ambush, sprint for 29's etc, and should be able to utilize those abilities to land a kill instead of speed potting.

Not sure why someone would spend cash( $100 at that) on gear for the 20-29 bracket, but each to their own.
If you use any other item in the "consumables" category, you are guilty of using a consumable. If you put minor speed exchant, WoD enchant on cloak any enchant on anything for that matter you are guilty of using a consumable.
People are justifying it to themselves simply because everyone uses enchants and they are accepted.
Speedpot are akin to how some simple WSG jumps are acceptable and other more difficult jumps are deemed "exploits" because everyone can't do them easily.
It is simply ludicrous. Either everything is "fair" or nothing is fair. You flip floppity fish need to make up your minds.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

When a rogue is speed potting to catch a druid, that he was never meant to catch

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you play a druid. "Never meant to catch" according to whom? Since Blizzard put speed potions into the game, I would surmise that anyone who knows how to buy a speed potion and click it is "meant" to catch anything. Druids themselves can use speed potions (see OP) so I don't see how that's a valid argument.

I have sat on the fence about this for a long time (as I tend to do, because I just don't like taking sides in arguments anymore) but this conversation and others like if have made me feel like, as a larger twinking society (because this matter concerns several brackets) we should start "de-criminalizing" the use of speed potions. It really makes no sense. Every player has quite easy access to them, and every player can use them.

I would submit the argument that the stigma against speed potions is a self-perpetuating misconception. Someone tells a person that speed potions are bad and gives them hell for it, so then that person makes other people feel bad for it, and no one can really say why this one consumable is universally bad, except for the people who have speed modifiers built into their class or race and want to keep the specialness to themselves.

You say people weren't "meant" to catch druids, well, I say that people were "meant" to be able to catch druids and that's exactly why speed potions were put in the game in the first place.

End the speed pot hate!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you play a druid.
Guess again
Intercity @ Stormrage - Community - World of Warcraft
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Snáck/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Unçool/advanced
Snackq @ Draenor - Community - World of Warcraft

"Never meant to catch" according to whom? Since Blizzard put speed potions into the game, I would surmise that anyone who knows how to buy a speed potion and click it is "meant" to catch anything. Druids themselves can use speed potions (see OP) so I don't see how that's a valid argument.
According to Blizzard. They put spells at certain levels to balance low level PvP and PvE. If they have succeeded or not, is not my call to make, but they put Travel Form at level 16, Ghost Wolf at 15, and sprint at 26 for a reason.
I have sat on the fence about this for a long time (as I tend to do, because I just don't like taking sides in arguments anymore)
And you shouldn't.

There is a reason that consumables are not allowed in Wargames. It's beacuse in wargames you have only the abilities of your class to use, and that is when team play, positioning and general knowledge of the meta shines through and wins you games.

I am playing my twinks because of the competetive aspect of the bracket, that's why you won't see many HK's on my characters, because I mostly play premades. And please don't make rushed assumptions about the activity of the brackets... I don't play them to stomp jajas and win easy games: if you can't win with the means given to you Blizz, you simply just need to improve.

''According to Blizzard. They put spells at certain levels to balance low level PvP and PvE. If they have succeeded or not, is not my call to make, but they put Travel Form at level 16, Ghost Wolf at 15, and sprint at 26 for a reason.''

Yep and that's the reason I won't be rolling a 19 rogue anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The truth of the matter is that at that level a lot of classes are gimped when it comes to using abilities to deal with other classes, not specifically limited to the speed aspect but defensive- BM, damage- feral druids etc. So at that level anything that can be used in terms of consumables, although a bit cheap, should be used. It is also within the limitations of the game and intended to be used as such. That is the extent we know when we do twink bgs, there is going to be heavy unbalance!!

The jumping on the other hand is something that is not intended, and also because it takes away the element of surprise for stealth classes because they have to mount up or attain a certain speed to get to those places takes away from the quality of the game significantly. That is also considered an exploit by blizzard's ToS. So there is a difference and we cant use the "allow everything or allow nothing" type of mentality.

To conclude and be clear cut, if it is intended by blizzard it is acceptable but if it is not intended it is deemed as an exploit and in this case specifically jumping in many instanced areas, BGs or dungeons or raids is a ban able offense. Open world jumping is different because anything open world isn't really competitive in any sense and who dafuq cares if you can jump over stormwind or under org. Blizzard in my opinion is the fairest judge!!!

At the end of the day, cheap doesn't mean exploit. There is definitely a line drawn there that is so clear you can trip over it!!

Some people are stating Premades vs PuGs are "competitive" and using a speedpot is not fair? What kind of arguement is that?
You
Have
Got
To
Be
Kidding...

I have news for you swiftness potion naysayers. People use speedpots in XP on games now. XP on games are more "competitive" than XP off games are at the moment.

On the bright side, it appears at least one person has come around.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

It is getting a little old though. I feel sorry all those f2p's that just wanna play a BG and end up get slapped around and farmed by a premade consisting of ferals, shadow priests, and Bm's.

Wrsg is never any fun now. soo lop sided..

Who stated that?

Boy, I wonder. I tried not to embarrass that person, but since you asked.

I am playing my twinks because of the competetive aspect of the bracket, that's why you won't see many HK's on my characters, because I mostly play premades. .

If you care to see the entire post #103 .
I assure you. I did not edit it or take it out of context. In fact, someone quoted that exact sentence and laughed at it.
Now, that your question has been answered. We can go back on topic.
One would think that Drums and Gliders would get more exposure than speed pots. Especially Drums. Drums can be a game changer. And not every player has access to them. Is it because you have to actually look at the players buffs and debuffs to notice they have been used?

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Boy, I wonder. I tried not to embarrass that person, but since you asked.

If you care to see the entire post #103 .
I assure you. I did not edit it or take it out of context. In fact, someone quoted that exact sentence and laughed at it.
Now, that your question has been answered. We can go back on topic.
One would think that Drums and Gliders would get more exposure than speed pots. Especially Drums. Drums can be a game changer. And not every player has access to them. Is it because you have to actually look at the players buffs and debuffs to notice they have been used?

/cheers
Sweetsidney
You misinterpreted my comment. I am mostly playing premades as in 10v10 or wargames. Not premading vs pugs

As the title says, what is up this guys ass, do you guys think there is a problem with speed potting, Ive never seen something as toxic as this.View attachment 5494View attachment 5495

So wait. You mean to say... you just used a potion that absolutely everyone in the bracket has access to either by a few hours of farming or next to no gold on the Auction House. You leveled the playing field between you FCing as a horde druid vs the alliance worgen druids? YOU ARE FILTH!

Wait what. Pop those pots on cooldown from this point on. People are either going to start using them too (which completely cancels the effect of someone popping one) or they're going to continue bitching when they're the ones choosing not to use them, thus gimping themselves xD

Don't let whoever this person is give 19s a bad name for that egotistical elitist conformity crap... Use whichever consumables that you want to! I made a druid and named him Speedpot just to make people rage. They can ddos their own community, bot flag returns but the second someone pops a speed pot the shit hits the fan lmao!

They can ddos their own community, bot flag returns but the second someone pops a speed pot the shit hits the fan lmao!

Implying there wasn't like 50 pages of discussion about the flag return bot etc in the 19s section... :p

I agree though, feel free to use whatever consumables and crutches you want if it's up to me. Don't expect any respect or recognition though, when you're crutching on a 29 AND consumables on top of that :)

You're also saying that alliance druids have a major advantage over horde ones due to darkflight. Not quite so in this thread, but I remember you rambling on about darkflight being super OP in some older thread. What about warstomp? Horde fence jumps? Horde ToT? Horde base in general being much better to kite around for an FC?

If I had to choose between alli and horde, I'd roll a horde druid even if horde druids had no racials at all.

Implying there wasn't like 50 pages of discussion about the flag return bot etc in the 19s section... :p

I agree though, feel free to use whatever consumables and crutches you want if it's up to me. Don't expect any respect or recognition though, when you're crutching on a 29 AND consumables on top of that :)

You're also saying that alliance druids have a major advantage over horde ones due to darkflight. Not quite so in this thread, but I remember you rambling on about darkflight being super OP in some older thread. What about warstomp? Horde fence jumps? Horde ToT? Horde base in general being much better to kite around for an FC?

If I had to choose between alli and horde, I'd roll a horde druid even if horde druids had no racials at all.

Yeah I understand It's been like 8 years since I've played 29s haha

At least in 19s since most games in US are pretty much won before stacks come into play, I'd say the worgen sprint is HUGE for 19s when compared to war stomp. War stomp will get you maybe 5-10 yards of distance... it can be clutch in some situations, but how much distance can one gain off of Darkflight?! :p

As for the horde jumps (slightly off topic) I disagree 100%. Horde base may be better for kiting due to the ToT jumps... However at least in 19, they are rarely, rarely, rarely used by the horde FC these days. The best way to use the horde jumps like fence, ToT etc is when you're an ally FC LEAVING Horde base. it literally cut outs an entire wall for ally FCs to cross even faster than horde fcs can if ramp or gy is hairy.

With all of this being said, I can really only speak for consumable usage all though I do see where you're coming from with a 29, bis, grouped / skyped fc going against f2ps, but by the same token it is also the 29s bracket so I'm rather indifferent about that.

I have FCd as druid on both factions although not nearly as much as you have on alliance so I'm obviously biased from a horde perspective. Back in the day horde base was insane with ToT kiting... these days though horde FC is either los GY, route kiting through base, or losing on roof. :p

Yeah I understand It's been like 8 years since I've played 29s haha

At least in 19s since most games in US are pretty much won before stacks come into play, I'd say the worgen sprint is HUGE for 19s when compared to war stomp. War stomp will get you maybe 5-10 yards of distance... it can be clutch in some situations, but how much distance can one gain off of Darkflight?! :p

As for the horde jumps (slightly off topic) I disagree 100%. Horde base may be better for kiting due to the ToT jumps... However at least in 19, they are rarely, rarely, rarely used by the horde FC these days. The best way to use the horde jumps like fence, ToT etc is when you're an ally FC LEAVING Horde base. it literally cut outs an entire wall for ally FCs to cross even faster than horde fcs can if ramp or gy is hairy.

With all of this being said, I can really only speak for consumable usage all though I do see where you're coming from with a 29, bis, grouped / skyped fc going against f2ps, but by the same token it is also the 29s bracket so I'm rather indifferent about that.

I have FCd as druid on both factions although not nearly as much as you have on alliance so I'm obviously biased from a horde perspective. Back in the day horde base was insane with ToT kiting... these days though horde FC is either los GY, route kiting through base, or losing on roof. :p

In 19s FCs die before 6 stacks due to players generally being more geared, skilled and objective-oriented than in 20-29. For pure fcing pre-stacks, I can't disagree with darkflight being generally more beneficial than warstomp. However, warstomp can also be used offensively very well, and it doesn't get useless after 6 stacks. If anything, it becomes more powerful the more stacks you have. In 20-29, FCs tend to take longer to kill because of derps smashing their kegs @ mid for the whole game, hence warstomp becomes more useful imo.

Horde has a ToT that you can abuse forever, no matter how many stacks you have. I would say at least 95% (probs more) of the bracket don't know how to jump around the horde tot without falling. It's a really overpowered place to stay in the 20-29, due to people being so shit they literally can't touch you. For alliance, ToT is a bit trickier and after 6 stacks it becomes nearly unusable (due to not being able to jump back on top level from mid level without dropping the flag etc). You also have longer way to run from tunroof for a cap and other places as alliance.

I don't really care about the topic of 29s in f2p bracket and that stuff so I'll leave it there.

" Back in the day horde base was insane with ToT kiting... these days though horde FC is either los GY, route kiting through base, or losing on roof. :p"

It still is. Going anywhere (unless it's a special occasion where theres no stealthers or something like that) but ToT with +6 stacks as a solo FC is a death wish if you ask me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread