Weather Beaten Fishing hat?

Emehlee said:
With regards to the fishing pole, there's also the fishing skill affecting crit chance issue, with 600 fishing skill you'd have roughly ~35% crit chance to go with your 450 dps or whatever.

Hm never thought about it like this, not sure if it would work this way. Anyone else have a comment?

i was talking to some twinks on this last year. when in STV fishing for a hat with a 19 twink (250 fishing, +100 lure, +10 pole, +2 gloves, +10 rumsey), i noticed my crit stats with pole equipped jumped considerably.

a rogue also noticed this, he had higher crit with a pole equipped than 2 wpns with +15 agi on each.

this made us question if there are hidden stats on a pole?

Bragh said:
Seriously guys, the stamina isn't the gamebreaking shit. Have you thought of what 40 spirit will provide, much more regen and health regen out of combat. It'll be insane for any caster. The extra HP, could, save you in an arena at some point. But the 40 spirit will be the gamebreaking stats. It's freaking 40 spirit. Hell I could even change allot of my "spirit" based gear, to Eagle or Intellect for more stam/int. It's just insane. And in an Offensive premade group, as a caster. How can you say this ain't gamebreaking? Just curious.

The 250 HP is good HP, but it's not as gamebreaking as the 40 spirit.

If it was only the 40 stam, i'd say go for it. it's a nice item to get. But the OP'ness of 80 total stats is immense. (65 more than fishing hat)

i got scroll of Spirit VII today on my 70 hunter today, it has 40 spirit and it requires lvl-70 to use. agree 40 spirit plays selectively into some classes more than others.

the +25 stam bonus, is like being able to equip 2 extra AGM trinkets when others can't. a druid with 2 AGM's is noticeable, imagine with 4 AGM's

In the same way that your weapon skill adds to your crit chance with the respective weapons fishing skill adds to your crit chance with a fishing pole. Since your "par" skill is 95 at 19, 450 fishing greatly increases your crit chance, my rogue is over 50% critwith a fishing pole atm.

On a side note I'm actually in agreement with Lind. If it's obtainable it's fair game. Premades can agree on whatever rules they want but in pugs anything goes IMO. Teamwork wins games, not gear. A lot of people would do well to remember that in ruin. Spend less time QQing and being an elitist asshole and more time working together and I think that we will find 100% BiS to not be an issue. You don't need BiS to be viable, just skill and teamwork.

Grabco said:
This is a good point, anyone in the XP-on bg's with this item would eventually level out of the bracket so it wouldn't really make a difference. Blizz probably doesn't care enough about what happens in the XP-off BG's to change this anytime soon

they made a point to gank Rayu's sword he had farmed rep for at isle of quel'danas, yet they still have not fixed the item, many in secret, who never showed it off still have theirs. one could easily say the sword was only intended for 70's since you have to be a 70 to go thru the portal in shat.....well the hat was also only intended for 70's because the daily in BC it came from requires 70 in order to get the daily quest.

they may not care about the hat until someone makes a XP-on BoA floating twink and is just destroying players even more. as for leveling out, i have talked to players that have rotation of up to 3 of the same class twink they start at 10 when another player pops to 20 which they delete. actually less time involved than one who grinded various faction reps for tiltes, etc.

it's not that they care or don't care....Blizz is reactionary, but not proactive. 80's reported Rayu...Blizz reacted, but didn't fix the issue. other players still slip thru the cracks.

someone in the BG reports a name as offensive, blizz reacts, but doesn't fix the issue with 240+ players with the same name.

Blizzard is uber reactionary IMO, on anything to do with rogues, and slow for any other class. they hot nerfed the daggers from the demon's deck within 10 days....yet enti's sword floated on like 3 months. in the past 2 years when players where GM ticket'd for having BC head and shoulder enchants, if it was a rogue....fixed in a matter of days. a priest who had BC shoulder and head enchants who was near unkillable in 29.....floated for 3-4 months before action was taken

Maybe I am missing something with the Fishing Pole, but does it not require 300 fishing to equip?

I am assuming 300 fishing means trained, not gotten to via Lures?

And if that holds true, then only a 45+ character could equip it.

Highborne said:
Maybe I am missing something with the Fishing Pole, but does it not require 300 fishing to equip?

I am assuming 300 fishing means trained, not gotten to via Lures?

And if that holds true, then only a 45+ character could equip it.

450 fishing cap is obtainable now if im not mistaken.

Firetruckk said:
450 fishing cap is obtainable now if im not mistaken.

Hmm strange, Wowhead must not keep up to date on these things.

Cool if so, and that would make feral druids godly DPSers.

A 60 feral druid may even be good with it (and nicely done to since could stick with AV and own faces once downgraded).

shanker said:
i got scroll of Spirit VII today on my 70 hunter today, it has 40 spirit and it requires lvl-70 to use. agree 40 spirit plays selectively into some classes more than others.

the +25 stam bonus, is like being able to equip 2 extra AGM trinkets when others can't. a druid with 2 AGM's is noticeable, imagine with 4 AGM's

Hah, stupid comments are stupid.

"Other's can't" ? It's obtainable by anyone, jesus.

Quelfep said:
Faction Change

But what is people can't afford it!? or don't have credit card! That's not fair! We want balance and eveness for all people!!!1111oneoneone (see what I did thar?)

lindenkron said:
But what is people can't afford it!? or don't have credit card! That's not fair! We want balance and eveness for all people!!!1111oneoneone (see what I did thar?)

lindenkron said:
It exists. It's BiS. If you can, get it. If you can't, don't. Stop whining about it.

:confused:

People really do not understand much do they ?

Weather Beaten Hat = very lucky to get.

AGM = very lucky to get when you are alone

Lucky fishing hat = lucky to have

now consider this...

you have been trying to get, alone without money to buy it off of other twinks who just dont want to give to you. you have only 5 trinkets up this point and have been trying for like 2 months or more. same with fishing, we ben doing the fishing at STV for months, and during sunday since it came up. yet still haven't had any of the hats i need.

but with all that known and said, you still say i shouldn'T bother crying out when i get defeated in a BG by someone popping up AGM having +24 stam because he has two of them, and on that have the weather beaten hat on him ? i shouldn't yell at blizz for that even though i am trying hard to do get the things.

those who say its obtainable by everyone really don't even know what they are speaking here, it takes to some something along the lines of 2-3 even a year to some to actually get their fishing hat. now imagine the time it will take to that person to get the weather beaten hat. yet he shouldn't QQ about it.

sorry but i haven't said a thing about lucky fishing hat because it was just 7 stam more then my googles. that doesn't scare me at all. AGM, true i have to force my way thru. its border line i'd say. i want it gone, but i know it won't so i take it like a man and try to get it. at least its not based on luck. but when i see someone with a weather beaten hat in front of me, hunter sporting 2000 life unbuffed and 1300 mana... it just makes me cry ! reguardless of me popping all oh shit buttons, i will still get defeated madly just because he was lucky to have it.

nope, even if its obtainable by everyone, it doesn't mean it should be availlable at our levels. Enti's sword was obtainable to everyone, yet it was nerfed, simple reason, its way too great for us to have. it destroys the play, so is the weather beaten hat.

ArthurianKnight said:
People really do not understand much do they ?

Weather Beaten Hat = very lucky to get.

AGM = very lucky to get when you are alone

Lucky fishing hat = lucky to have

now consider this...

you have been trying to get, alone without money to buy it off of other twinks who just dont want to give to you. you have only 5 trinkets up this point and have been trying for like 2 months or more. same with fishing, we ben doing the fishing at STV for months, and during sunday since it came up. yet still haven't had any of the hats i need.

but with all that known and said, you still say i shouldn'T bother crying out when i get defeated in a BG by someone popping up AGM having +24 stam because he has two of them, and on that have the weather beaten hat on him ? i shouldn't yell at blizz for that even though i am trying hard to do get the things.

those who say its obtainable by everyone really don't even know what they are speaking here, it takes to some something along the lines of 2-3 even a year to some to actually get their fishing hat. now imagine the time it will take to that person to get the weather beaten hat. yet he shouldn't QQ about it.

sorry but i haven't said a thing about lucky fishing hat because it was just 7 stam more then my googles. that doesn't scare me at all. AGM, true i have to force my way thru. its border line i'd say. i want it gone, but i know it won't so i take it like a man and try to get it. at least its not based on luck. but when i see someone with a weather beaten hat in front of me, hunter sporting 2000 life unbuffed and 1300 mana... it just makes me cry ! reguardless of me popping all oh shit buttons, i will still get defeated madly just because he was lucky to have it.

nope, even if its obtainable by everyone, it doesn't mean it should be availlable at our levels. Enti's sword was obtainable to everyone, yet it was nerfed, simple reason, its way too great for us to have. it destroys the play, so is the weather beaten hat.

I would say don't go for it alone but by the looks of it you have trouble making friends on your own server too? If I were you I'd invest some time into grinding a toon to 80.

I think the 250hp more isnt that gamebreaking, but the 40spirit is rly a huge ooc reg buff. I switch weapons sometimes ooc to get ~40spirit, with this hat it would be twice as much with hat+weapon set. Sta stats (as long as they arent ridiculous huge) dont bother much imo, but 40spirit (or imagine 40agi/str) or the expamle with entis with the lol-damage bother way more then just 250hp.

AK, Obtainable by anyone means there are no game limits for anyone to get it.

It doesn't mean wether you have the social capability to gain connections to get this, or wether you want to spend the time / luck on getting it.

It IS obtainable by anyone.

It IS obtainable by anyone.

Go go captain obvious!

This still doesn't mean that people should get it.

I think that the level 19 bracket should collectively decide on a standard list of gear. If new gear becomes availible, the list should not accommodate this. This would make twinking a lot less about horrific grinds and more about playing in BGs/arenas.

Unfortunately, the level 19 bracket is full of douchebags who don't care about fun or ease of access to said fun, and would much rather treat twinking like collecting stamps. Except with a much more negative effect on any other part-time stamp collector.

this QQing sounds like what non-twinks used to say about us before XP BGs, they just wanted to PvP a little as they leveled, they didn't want to take the time to grind BiS or pay for expensive enchants. Step back a little bit and remember that people have a right to obtain BiS if it's available to them, if you don't want to grind it don't worry about it. Pugs are lost because one side is better at working together than the other not because of a gear gap. And as I have stated before if a guild feels that one difficult to obtain item is gamebreaking they can agree before premades to not allow the use of it. Think back to when AGM was rare, thats something that was both gamebreaking and difficult to obtain that has now become the norm.

luck is luck

if you are lucky enough to get this, have fun

2 of my 3 twinks got their lucky fishing hat their first try, infact, my war got his boots and hat the first few fish of his first try

my warlock on the other hand, hasnt seen one over a year span

i will be trying for this hat tommorow, if i get it, yay me, 250 more hp on my rogue, and some slight hp regen in stealth, big woop, your game hasnt crashed yet until we start seeing fishing poles

we will problaby never see more than 10 hats and 2 fishing poles by cata, let them have their lucky glory

Hamcake said:
Go go captain obvious!

This still doesn't mean that people should get it.

I think that the level 19 bracket should collectively decide on a standard list of gear. If new gear becomes availible, the list should not accommodate this. This would make twinking a lot less about horrific grinds and more about playing in BGs/arenas.

Unfortunately, the level 19 bracket is full of douchebags who don't care about fun or ease of access to said fun, and would much rather treat twinking like collecting stamps. Except with a much more negative effect on any other part-time stamp collector.

First off;

Read previous posts, you always troll as a bad troll Hamcake.

The "it IS obtainable by anyone" was at AK's post, claiming something as ridicoules as it not being obtainable by everyone.

Secondly,

You recon the rest of us should not improve with new obtainable gear, or change and adapt when twinking does, just because you're too lazy too?

If twinking hadn't changed in the last 4 years, you recon there'd still be people doing this? It wouldn't be getting too old, or too much the same?

I think people seriously just can't be bothered getting some items that are some-what dificult to get, so they bitch and cry about the OPness of an item that clearly doesn't change anything in the bracket due to it being obtainable by everyone. Hence, just work for it if you want the advantage of this item.

One of the reasons as well, that I like 19, is that getting titles aren't as easy as 80. It actually still have some what of a meaning having a title at 19, unlike 80.

Likewise with hard items. When we first got the AGM, everyone was like "whaaat, where'd you get that?" and when they found out, they were amazed that we managed to pull it off.

Once again, my 10 cents, my 2 cents is free (Eminem quote, I know, but I really like it).

-Jaxel

First of, i got 4 80s, thansk for caring !

second, i started twinking because i had enough of grinding heroics and raids at 80.

third: you're saying i shouldn't twink because some are luckier then me ?

the "obtainable by everyone" argument isn't even valid yet you still defend it like mad. i'm sure you're the kind of guy who cryed like a school girl when the leg patches were removed. you're just glad to have something big again. there is no point in arguing over something you don't even understand.

Twinking the art of having the best thing in order to survive in the gulch or the AB or whatever level you decided to go up to. that i agree on, but nowhere is it supposed to become a get the abusive overpowered gear that help one shotting the noobs type of play. twinks never were for that purpose.

now, this is an MMO, there are a lot of things we're not suppose to have at our level, and adding a level 70 hat and pole really isn't supposed to be availlable to us. thats what i see. unfortunately the only thing you seem to see linden, is your own ass kicking character !

Users who are viewing this thread