Weather Beaten Fishing hat?

Hamcake said:
Go go captain obvious!

This still doesn't mean that people should get it.

I think that the level 19 bracket should collectively decide on a standard list of gear. If new gear becomes availible, the list should not accommodate this. This would make twinking a lot less about horrific grinds and more about playing in BGs/arenas.

Unfortunately, the level 19 bracket is full of douchebags who don't care about fun or ease of access to said fun, and would much rather treat twinking like collecting stamps. Except with a much more negative effect on any other part-time stamp collector.

You mean like a ban-list? Well, i guess for premades it would work, but pugs or rnd arena no chance, there are allways dorks.

You could start a poll with multiple choice of items/buff which are appearently unfitting in the 19 bracket (f.e. weatherbeaten, city/ony/zalandar buff, over 19s-buffs or mb smaller things which like speed pot/ 30s sleep (im not against em but mb we should look at these too)).

ArthurianKnight said:
First of, i got 4 80s, thansk for caring !

second, i started twinking because i had enough of grinding heroics and raids at 80.

third: you're saying i shouldn't twink because some are luckier then me ?

the "obtainable by everyone" argument isn't even valid yet you still defend it like mad. i'm sure you're the kind of guy who cryed like a school girl when the leg patches were removed. you're just glad to have something big again. there is no point in arguing over something you don't even understand.

It's not valid in your little world AK, because your IQ isn't high enough to understand what "Is obtainable by everyone" means. It's 100% like fishing hat, you go fish, if you're lucky you get it. Has nothing to do with wether an item is stronger than others or not.

Actually I was one of the few people that liked the leg nerf thank you very much. Twinks got brought back to a stage that was a lot similar to vanilla twinking.. you remember that, don't you? Oh wait.. had you even started playing wow then?

fyi; I didn't mind leg enchants etc, because I follow twinking the way it's going, I adapt. I'm not trying to force it in a certain direction.

ArthurianKnight said:
Twinking the art of having the best thing in order to survive in the gulch or the AB or whatever level you decided to go up to. that i agree on, but nowhere is it supposed to become a get the abusive overpowered gear that help one shotting the noobs type of play. twinks never were for that purpose.

Like I've said earlier, read the bloody posts about wikipedias twink description. Seems like noone on this forum have ever really gotten the essence of twinking.

What you think twinking would have been if we had said in vanilla "Oh, a trinket that protects us for 1.2k hp, twice our HP is overpowered.. we better get it nerfed and noone get it!" ... God... I can't believe noone here can see it. Just says something about people on TI.

ArthurianKnight said:
now, this is an MMO, there are a lot of things we're not suppose to have at our level, and adding a level 70 hat and pole really isn't supposed to be availlable to us. thats what i see. unfortunately the only thing you seem to see linden, is your own ass kicking character !

A lot of things? Such as AGM?(IL 55) Inferno robe?(IL 40) Fishing hat?(IL 40) Gravestone Scepter?(debatable, IL 29).

Twinking is about obtaining items that are stronger than what your character level suggests.

AK, live with it.

-Jaxel.

so how can i get that quest i got 300 skills and still cant get the quest :p

how much skill do i need? or did they nerfed?

Shenik said:
so how can i get that quest i got 300 skills and still cant get the quest :p

how much skill do i need? or did they nerfed?

you are a little late, the daily fishing quest requires lvl 70, I suppose that's what you are referring to, to get that hat at lvl 1, you don't need any quest, just fish on saturday at 2pm...

btw guys I have caught my first shark in 7 weeks, the max suckerfish I caught was 94 one week, and I fished on my main till there is a winner...

I'm almost 100% sure that the shark droprate is factored into the population of the realm...the less ppl the more chances u have

Donniedarkõ said:
I'm almost 100% sure that the shark droprate is factored into the population of the realm...the less ppl the more chances u have

:D

Obviously, the less people fishing the higher chance you have of getting the shark.

I don't see why you think an ilvl 115 hat is comparable to all those items you posted with ilvls not even half of that.

I kind of hope someone gets the pole so when they 1-2 shot you and you come crying back to these forums, we'll give the same bull crap excuses you're using to try and justify these items are legit.

These new items shouldn't be promoted for twinks to grab.

Well, I'll just say this.

If you decide to grab the hat and get lucky, and Blizz decides to nerf it later, enjoy the hat now, because you're getting the chance of a lifetime with this. That's what it means to be a twink, is it not? Get the best gear at low level? Just enjoy the item. Show it off now. At least, be glad you did. If not, be glad you tried. That's all that matters.

For the fishing pole... as if hunters weren't OP enough...

Moardotz said:
I don't see why you think an ilvl 115 hat is comparable to all those items you posted with ilvls not even half of that.

I kind of hope someone gets the pole so when they 1-2 shot you and you come crying back to these forums, we'll give the same bull crap excuses you're using to try and justify these items are legit.

These new items shouldn't be promoted for twinks to grab.

notoriousthf said:
Well, I'll just say this.

If you decide to grab the hat and get lucky, and Blizz decides to nerf it later, enjoy the hat now, because you're getting the chance of a lifetime with this. That's what it means to be a twink, is it not? Get the best gear at low level? Just enjoy the item. Show it off now. At least, be glad you did. If not, be glad you tried. That's all that matters.

For the fishing pole... as if hunters weren't OP enough...

Might actually make feral druids viable, wee.

Fyi; I'm not the one crying on these forums in case you didn't notice. Everyone else is ;)

lindenkron said:
Might actually make feral druids viable, wee.

Fyi; I'm not the one crying on these forums in case you didn't notice. Everyone else is ;)

Well, think about it.

You'll even have casters doing only melee. Mage CCs you and gives you a couple of whacks, Priest bubbles self while you charge at him/her, then he/she gives you asurprise attack... Basically saying forget using atk spells and boost AP on them instead X_X

Crilicilyn said:
:D

Obviously, the less people fishing the higher chance you have of getting the shark.

that's not how I meant it...

I'll be more precise, on a realm with 2000 people there was winners well before the winners on realms with 30000 people... this proove flawlessly that there is no flat droprate for this shark like 1% or something, no.

So when I say the less people fishing gives you higher chances to get the shark, I mean not only by the fact that you reduce your chances to get killed or bothered up in your spot, but the droprate itself is higher... that's the only way an EMPTY server could win at 14.04 two weeks straight, while a server with hundreds of fishermen, fishing like all schools of northrend simultenaously couldn't even win yet...

and another data I can bring to the table :

on that server with 30000 ppl, I caught 1 shark in around 7 hours fishing total

on the server with 2000ppl (empty 24/7 in Orgrimmar), I caught 1 shark in around 30minutes total

You can't draw totally sure conclusions, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works, I have others theorys but they would make you laugh and cry even more...

Elune is not a low pop server. I caught the shark within 8 minutes first time, within 6 minutes second time. Third time, I did not catch a shark at all. Both times I caught a shark, someone had already won the derby. Third time, someone still won it in under 10 minutes. How does that fit with your data?

Don't think that was data at all. It's a theory if anything.

Well one of the main thing, is that if it was a flat droprate like 1% or .5% even there would be a winner instantly at 14:01, almost 90% of the time, yet I have never seen anybody winning during the first 4 minutes, did you ? probably not either. This is maths, a 9 graders can understand, no theorys...From theses maths you can deduce 2 things, first thing is that you can fish all day long from 14.00 to 14.02 or 03, the shark probably can't drop there, I think Blizzard made it that way so that the contest doesn't last one minute or so...it's just an useless illusion...

It also proove from there, that there is a hidden crazy rule to loot that shark, everything you can imagine except a flat percentage droprate... as I said probably linked to the population of the realm. Because how can a low pop server catch the shark if it has the same ridiculous percentage of droprate than a high pop server ? It can't... And I have seen a low pop server winning 2 times in a row before a high pop server... and every other time before 14:10

There is no theorys, all maths. My point being, there is no % of droprate, there is a hidden crazy rule that only Blizzard knows, it could even be "hand in a shark randomly to anybody catching their next fish every 5minutes", take your pick... it would still proove a low pop server is the best chance for a twink to get that hat, and by more than just avoiding ganking, by far. Period.

Donniedarkõ said:
Well one of the main thing, is that if it was a flat droprate like 1% or .5% even there would be a winner instantly at 14:01, almost 90% of the time, yet I have never seen anybody winning during the first 4 minutes, did you ? probably not either. This is maths, a 9 graders can understand, no theorys...From theses maths you can deduce 2 things, first thing is that you can fish all day long from 14.00 to 14.02 or 03, the shark probably can't drop there, I think Blizzard made it that way so that the contest doesn't last one minute or so...it's just an useless illusion...

It also proove from there, that there is a hidden crazy rule to loot that shark, everything you can imagine except a flat percentage droprate... as I said probably linked to the population of the realm. Because how can a low pop server catch the shark if it has the same ridiculous percentage of droprate than a high pop server ? It can't... And I have seen a low pop server winning 2 times in a row before a high pop server... and every other time before 14:10

There is no theorys, all maths. My point being, there is no % of droprate, there is a hidden crazy rule that only Blizzard knows, it could even be "hand in a shark randomly to anybody catching their next fish every 5minutes", take your pick... it would still proove a low pop server is the best chance for a twink to get that hat, and by more than just avoiding ganking, by far. Period.

As I said earlier in this topic Forums - El's Extreme Anglin' - WoW Fishing Guide is really the place to go for discussing fishing mechanics. The most widely accepted theory is that the drop chance of the Blacktip Shark is subject to progressive droprates. The more you catch the higher your chances on catching one on your next cast become. There are of course no confirmations from Blizzard's side.

Users who are viewing this thread