Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

n72Tgt6.jpg

sigh

[MENTION=8592]Brov[/MENTION] can we get a confirmation on BG's spanning 10 levels now? How about your items with like 6 armor, do they provide the same mitigation you have in MoP? Do +16 armor kits shoot clothys up to plate level mitigation? And how about Prot's bonus attack power from bonus armor, work on kits? Thank you haha ;)

In response to your armor kit theory, 1 armor on my ele increases my phys damage mitigation by .05%.

EDIT: Same amounts of armor from different pieces give more mitigation apparently? It's fucked right now

Last edited by a moderator:
In response to your armor kit theory, 1 armor on my ele increases my phys damage mitigation by .05%.

Well there ya go. No massive mitigation. Not that 0.8% mitigation per kit (assuming its the same for all classes/ specs) is bad of course. Definitely a improvement to live.

However prot's are still looking to pick up huge AP bonuses

BoAs aren't giving any armor...hmmm

shield included, if it's intended then the shield is basically worthless

I think (?) I like the new model, however the portrait is terrible, and don't even get me started on the new animations.

Portrait is indeed terrible, i hope i will like the model though :)

i fucking garuntee you that they have a decimal place wrong in the formula . i calculated the damage it should do as ele and its of by A FACTOR OF 10 ......... coincidence i think not!!!!!!!!

Can you check what the parry on these has changed too, if anything

Flamescarred Draconian Deflector - Item - World of Warcraft
Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver - Item - World of Warcraft

And what the resil on the pvp heirlooms has changed too, if anything

For some reason those two items still have parry on them, o.o. As for PvP heirlooms, they still give a PvP resilience boost..

Remember that 37 armor lvl 24 monk I mentioned? Yeah physical mitigation will be very high. [

That was me, and I wasn't a level 24, I was at level 20. As for bonus armor, the amount of bonus armor you have = the amount of attack power that you receive . For example, if I have 24 bonus armor, I will gain 24 attack power.

UPDATE: I just consumed Elixir of Minor Defense, it gave me 74 bonus armor, (Raised my damage reduction from armor from 14.5% to 27.56%) And it gave me 74 more attack power!

Nota bene: Bonus armor only increases your attack power if you are in a tank spec.

On the topic of potentially grandfathered gear, has anyone in Beta checked the status of the Garrosh's Pardon quest line?

I can still get the 'All Apologies' quest and turn it in.. I'm not going to turn it in as of yet, just to see if I can still turn it in when they finally take Garrosh out of Orgrimmar in the beta.

can we get a confirmation on BG's spanning 10 levels now?

I don't think any of us have been able to get into a BG as of yet, so we cannot confirm that.

This game feels so fucked now...

My hemo @ lvl 90 hits for 440, and my hemo at level 24 hits for 220 with double dancing steel.

You know, it would likely be prudent to start a 1-90 feedback thread in the beta feedback forums. They will needs lots of this data early and often if you want it changed by release. Celestalon said they still have a squish pass to do on 1-90, so get you feedback in early.

Thank you. Also, LOL

Good day to be a ret paladin / arms war. 9 levels of ilevel scaling is showing -61 armor, pretty funny.
Not so sure on F2P Arms yet, since Arms is heavily being redesigned (slam gone, heroic strike gone, mortal strike costing rage, etc.).

Also, Brov, do F2P ret judgments now generate a charge of holy power on beta yet?

As for the ele fulm stack changes, they're changing how it stacks from this to this (baking a changed rolling thunder into fulm). In summary:
Live: a lightning bolt has a 60% chance to generate a charge, up to 7.
Beta: bolt has a guaranteed (100%) chance to generate a fulm stack. I'm surprised they didn't adjust fulm damage yet for boosting fulm stacks from 15 from 7.

You know, it would likely be prudent to start a 1-90 feedback thread in the beta feedback forums. They will needs lots of this data early and often if you want it changed by release. Celestalon said they still have a squish pass to do on 1-90, so get you feedback in early.
Indeed, especially if this is true:
My hemo @ lvl 90 hits for 440, and my hemo at level 24 hits for 220 with double dancing steel.

Users who are viewing this thread