Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

F2P "purity" to me has always been a rather silly concept. If one person has fun seeing how much they can accomplish on a "pure" F2P account, that is great for them, but what right do they have to look down on other people for having fun in different ways? Like for me, my main F2P account was linked to my old P2P account way before they did the whole account-wide mounts and achievements thing, so I never had a choice in the matter. If that makes me somehow lesser in someone else eyes, I have to say that that's their hang-up, not mine.

I also have a non-linked F2P account, on which I like to go after all the achievements and stuff (like pet collecting) that I didn't get to do on my main F2P account. It sucks for me, because I got all the rare Hatchling pets on Kincaide, but since the companions were made account-wide, it doesn't appear outwardly to be that impressive. Sucks more because I am one of the relatively few to have gotten a Tabard of the Scarlet Crusade on Kincaide, and when they make tabards account-wide, that grandfathered item will no longer be so unique for an F2P. But that's just the way it goes. You gain some, you lose some.

I don't accept the argument that it's unfair that you'll have to link your account to stay competitive. If you're going to make that argument, the present-day extension of that argument is that you would have to sub and roll a 24 to stay competitive, because, how many people really feel competitive right now in 5.4? We have 24s running around with 6000hp and end-game enchants, and you want to grouse about the difference between a BoA helm and a LFH? Really? That's what you're concerned about? I would suggest that that argument lacks a sense of perspeective.

F2P "purity" to me has always been a rather silly concept. If one person has fun seeing how much they can accomplish on a "pure" F2P account, that is great for them, but what right do they have to look down on other people for having fun in different ways? Like for me, my main F2P account was linked to my old P2P account way before they did the whole account-wide mounts and achievements thing, so I never had a choice in the matter. If that makes me somehow lesser in someone else eyes, I have to say that that's their hang-up, not mine.

I also have a non-linked F2P account, on which I like to go after all the achievements and stuff (like pet collecting) that I didn't get to do on my main F2P account. It sucks for me, because I got all the rare Hatchling pets on Kincaide, but since the companions were made account-wide, it doesn't appear outwardly to be that impressive. Sucks more because I am one of the relatively few to have gotten a Tabard of the Scarlet Crusade on Kincaide, and when they make tabards account-wide, that grandfathered item will no longer be so unique for an F2P. But that's just the way it goes. You gain some, you lose some.

I don't accept the argument that it's unfair that you'll have to link your account to stay competitive. If you're going to make that argument, the present-day extension of that argument is that you would have to sub and roll a 24 to stay competitive, because, how many people really feel competitive right now in 5.4? We have 24s running around with 6000hp and end-game enchants, and you want to grouse about the difference between a BoA helm and a LFH? Really? That's what you're concerned about? I would suggest that that argument lacks a sense of perspeective.

The thing people don't realize is that if looms become account wide, so will the frikkin ass end game enchants on the looms. Kincaide, if nothing changes we gonna see your linked accunt running round wit crusader on your sword 2 shotting other f2ps who don't have. You (and the other 20% or so of the f2ps who have merged accounts) will become an extension of 24s, oppressing the rest of us. If this absolute BS comes into effect I will quit WoW. I'm gone if I can be hopelessly outmatched by other 'f2ps' with endgame enchants.

The thing people don't realize is that if looms become account wide, so will the frikkin ass end game enchants on the looms. Kincaide, if nothing changes we gonna see your linked accunt running round wit crusader on your sword 2 shotting other f2ps who don't have. You (and the other 20% or so of the f2ps who have merged accounts) will become an extension of 24s, oppressing the rest of us. If this absolute BS comes into effect I will quit WoW. I'm gone if I can be hopelessly outmatched by other 'f2ps' with endgame enchants.

F2Ps won't be able to get enchant on them. linked can get head legs and cloak but can only enchant them with F2P enchants, same with current looms.

Whether the BoA window can be accessed by f2p is a good question. But there is no way you would lose the BoAs you already have. Characters with them in their bags or equipped aren't going to be stripped of them. What is likely to happen is when you log into the toon that has the BoA, then those go account wide. Just like the account wide mounts, achieves, and pets.

Lol, i can have this horrible screwed up illusion in my mind then when WoD get released , when we try to click on hireloom tab it clearly says " Starter Edition cannot perform this action". This is something i just don't want to see.

Couple of points to hopefully quell those who are itching for an uprising.

1) the BoA tab, as it is currently, will create a copy of the BoA item in your character's inventory. It does this irrespective of what enchants you may have put on your other copies of the same BoA on other characters. The idea that putting an enchant on one copy of the BoA on one character will cause the same enchant to appear on all other copies on other characters is rather silly. That would be like me logging into one character, using a Pet Biscuit on one of my companion pets, and then expecting that every character on my account will then be able to summon 2x-sized versions of the same pet. It just doesn't make sense.

2) Even if the BoA tab is not accessible to F2Ps (which I do not see happening, myself, but just for the sake of argument) those BoAs still have to be earned once the old fashioned way, thus our current way of getting BoAs (earning them ourselves) will still be possible. In no universe is it possible that F2Ps won't be able to get BoAs at all. Relax.

Couple of points to hopefully quell those who are itching for an uprising.

1) the BoA tab, as it is currently, will create a copy of the BoA item in your character's inventory. It does this irrespective of what enchants you may have put on your other copies of the same BoA on other characters. The idea that putting an enchant on one copy of the BoA on one character will cause the same enchant to appear on all other copies on other characters is rather silly. That would be like me logging into one character, using a Pet Biscuit on one of my companion pets, and then expecting that every character on my account will then be able to summon 2x-sized versions of the same pet. It just doesn't make sense.

2) Even if the BoA tab is not accessible to F2Ps (which I do not see happening, myself, but just for the sake of argument) those BoAs still have to be earned once the old fashioned way, thus our current way of getting BoAs (earning them ourselves) will still be possible. In no universe is it possible that F2Ps won't be able to get BoAs at all. Relax.

Well it isn't silly at all to say they would have all the same enchants. Think about it, right now if you mail an Heirloom it retains its enchants. It's pretty likely Bliz will try to keep it similar to this system, I mean, when you make a new toon and you want his looms to be enchanted you're not going to have to ship some in scroll form back to him the looms will already have them on it. It makes sense. I'm not positive where your getting the whole 'copy' idea, but it's somewhat likely you'll be dealing with more of a mount page like system, where it's 'Equip' big red button instead of a 'Mount'.

Either way, I'm sick of this bracket and losing every game because WoWs p2p population seems to be losing their balls and making hundreds of 'no-skill-required' 24s. It's pathetic and not only makes BGs suck for us f2p but it marks the degeneration of WoWs competitive PvP.

Whoa. I missed that! lol. I promise I won't kill people... Outside of Azeroth...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Well it isn't silly at all to say they would have all the same enchants. Think about it, right now if you mail an Heirloom it retains its enchants. It's pretty likely Bliz will try to keep it similar to this system, I mean, when you make a new toon and you want his looms to be enchanted you're not going to have to ship some in scroll form back to him the looms will already have them on it. It makes sense. I'm not positive where your getting the whole 'copy' idea, but it's somewhat likely you'll be dealing with more of a mount page like system, where it's 'Equip' big red button instead of a 'Mount'.

Either way, I'm sick of this bracket and losing every game because WoWs p2p population seems to be losing their balls and making hundreds of 'no-skill-required' 24s. It's pathetic and not only makes BGs suck for us f2p but it marks the degeneration of WoWs competitive PvP.

No it is very likely they remove enchants because that would pretty much rescue the leveling brackets

I could be wrong, but I think it will be like this: if you have an enchanted 'loom, you can mail it to another toon on the same realm, and the enchant will stay, but if you access the 'loom from the tab, you will receive the 'loom with no enchant.

Therefore, linked f2ps will have access to p2p 'looms, but WILL NOT have access to p2p enchants...

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong, but I think it will be like this: if you have an enchanted 'loom, you can mail it to another toon on the same realm, and the enchant will stay, but if you access the 'loom from the tab, you will receive the 'loom with no enchant.

Therefore, linked f2ps will have access to p2p 'looms, but WILL NOT have access to p2p enchants...

yep but mailbox is serverbound.

Well it isn't silly at all to say they would have all the same enchants. Think about it, right now if you mail an Heirloom it retains its enchants. It's pretty likely Bliz will try to keep it similar to this system, I mean, when you make a new toon and you want his looms to be enchanted you're not going to have to ship some in scroll form back to him the looms will already have them on it. It makes sense. I'm not positive where your getting the whole 'copy' idea, but it's somewhat likely you'll be dealing with more of a mount page like system, where it's 'Equip' big red button instead of a 'Mount'..

It is silly, and here's why.
"It's a new UI of (essentially) buttons that will "light up" when you obtain one (or have obtained one) of the heirlooms. Click the button and an item of that type will be generated and put into your bags."
Now just going off that one would have to assume that this functions exactly like the "recover lost tabard" option available at every tabard vendor.
It creates a brand new item and drops it in your bags.
I'm also willing to bet you can create 2 or more items Even if you only purchase one "sword" one "trinket" etc. They probably wont care if you decide to fill every slot in your bags with heirlooms because you can't sell them, or DE them. Of course this is all subject to change, so take it for what its worth.

That's why I said that you will be able to mail the heirloom with the enchant to another toon ON THE SAME REALM with the enchant intact, but if you access the heirloom through the tab, the enchant will not exist.

Which means that although f2ps will have access to p2p heirlooms, f2ps WILL NOT have access to p2p enchants.

Whether the mailbox is serverbound, which it is, or not is irrelevant. F2p cannot access the mailbox. Which makes everything I posted true.

P2p will be able to mail enchanted heirlooms ON THE SAME SERVER, and retain the enchant, JUST LIKE EXISTS NOW. Otherwise, you may access the heirloom, but you WILL NOT receive the enchant.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sorry, what?! Competitive pvp is at lvl 90. Wanna be competitive, go there.

I understand your pain aimed at 24s, since i also hate being globaled and impaled and tossed around by people 4 levels up, but sadly, we get what we pay for.

Low level pvp isn't competitive. We can toss around some regulations, but people follow them if they choose.

Try arenas at Korgath. The way i see it, it's the only place where you can match skill with people geared ( almost ) the same.

Asking for fair play at bg pugland is simply naive.

I'm sorry, what?! Competitive pvp is at lvl 90. Wanna be competitive, go there.

I understand your pain aimed at 24s, since i also hate being globaled and impaled and tossed around by people 4 levels up, but sadly, we get what we pay for.

Low level pvp isn't competitive. We can toss around some regulations, but people follow them if they choose.

Try arenas at Korgath. The way i see it, it's the only place where you can match skill with people geared ( almost ) the same.

Asking for fair play at bg pugland is simply naive.

I have to agree. Arenas are your best bet if you want to get in a decent game. That, or wait till WoD, see if there are changes coming that affect the lower brackets positively to offset the heavily negative changes we have recieved as this Expac comes to a close.

Users who are viewing this thread