Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

"F2Ps" getting excited and wanting to link their accounts to get guild boas to have an advantage on 50%+ of the bracket doesn't surprise me the least with the way the general F2P population has been going lately.

See this is one of the reasons I created the poll earlier in the week. According to that poll, only 7 out of 62 respondents don't have a P2P account that they could link their F2P account to. That's a little better than 10 percent, not 50 percent. I understand what you're saying about part of the fun being the gearing up of your toon, and to a certain degree I feel the same way, but, there are others who don't feel that way (and that's just as legitimate) plus I've also felt like it would be easier to, for example, create a toon on Korgath to mess with arena stuff if I wanted, without the added burden of having to BoA up another toon. So there are really good reasons why this is a good thing for F2P as well.

No because that's ridiculous.
Eartho, so... grinding for hours and hours, in bgs with at least 3 24's every bg, 24/7 is something that separates the men from the boys is what you're saying? Losing bg after bg because one cannot be in a premade every day? you think it's wrong to get excited about not spending months on end to get full BIS, and thats WITH Doing DMF dailies and profession quest bi-monthly? Don't give me such bullshit. The bracket is worse than it has ever been, and a way to take the edge of is exactly what we needed. I rarely see Warlocks and mages anymore you know? Not just because they don't hit hard at all until they get their full BOA, but because even getting to that point, as a F2P is the worst out of all classes. On top of not having any magical resistance, every warrior, every Feral Druid, every Rogue can make you his bitch. Hell even an Ehancement Shaman, which is currently pretty horrible would have no problem beating a mage of equal skill and gear. That's pretty terrible. So telling us that we shouldn't be excited about this QoL change is hella wrong.

A P2P can and probably will link his accounts together, but for the rest of us, this couldn't be more helpful. Guess what? We can now be able to go play alts and shit on different servers, rather than being stuck on a single server because gearing another toon fucking sucks ass. I don't speak for other F2P, but this will surely revive my waning interest in F2P because it has hit rock bottom since enchant scaling, and the supposed exodus of the 19's into the 20-24 brackets.
^
You speak for me with this. And I have put a looong time gearing many alts with boa's. will take a serious strain off remaking a character if u make a mistake and lose a bis item or decide you don't like your race after all.

Eartho, how many toons do you? How many realms are those toons spread out over? This really isn't about making the game 'easy.' This is about quality of life, and Blizz is effectively taking away from their bottom line by implementing this change.

Have friends playing on a different server? Now you don't have to pay $25 to transfer your character over. You can just roll a new toon on that server, and be caught up in no time.

Your looking at this the wrong way. It's a POSITIVE. not a negative.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

See this is one of the reasons I created the poll earlier in the week. According to that poll, only 7 out of 62 respondents don't have a P2P account that they could link their F2P account to. That's a little better than 10 percent, not 50 percent. I understand what you're saying about part of the fun being the gearing up of your toon, and to a certain degree I feel the same way, but, there are others who don't feel that way (and that's just as legitimate) plus I've also felt like it would be easier to, for example, create a toon on Korgath to mess with arena stuff if I wanted, without the added burden of having to BoA up another toon. So there are really good reasons why this is a good thing for F2P as well.

If linking a p2p account is mandatory to stay competitive then it's not really f2p anymore, is it? Think of it as those pay2win games with microtransactions. You can't really pretend that you're on par with those who didn't pay and paying eliminates the concept of f2p.

It's not my fault, nor anyone else's fault who has had ever subbed, that you haven't. I started playing back in '07, and have been playing off and on ever since. I probably play more now on the trial account, but that is beside the point. You CAN have all the same perks as a p2p or a linked account: spend $10 on the battle chest. It's on sale, you cheap ass.

Once you buy the battle chest, simply go to your control panel and add a starter edition. Then use your 30 days of free time to bust ass up to 85 and chain-run the Hour of Twilight dungeons. They give more JP than the Mists instances. You'll have your BOAs before you know it.

Otherwise, you sound like a spoiled, petulant child throwing a fit: you want the same thing as the people who have literally spent HUNDREDS of dollars, yet you want it for free.

"Whaaaaaa! I want it too, but I don't wanna pay for it! Gimme, gimme, gimme!"

Guess what, kid? The world don't work like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not my fault, nor anyone else's fault who has had ever subbed, that you haven't. I started playing back in '07, and have been playing off and on ever since. I probably play more now on the trial account, but that is beside the point. You CAN have all the same perks as a p2p or a linked account: spend $10 on the battle chest. It's on sale, you cheap ass.

Once you buy the battle chest, simply go to your control panel and add a starter edition. Then use your 30 days of free time to bust ass up to 85 and chain-run the Hour of Twilight dungeons. They give more JP than the Mists instances. You'll have your BOAs before you know it.

Otherwise, you sound like a spoiled, petulant child throwing a fit: you want the same thing as the people who have literally spent HUNDREDS of dollars, yet you want it for free.

Just succumb to the urge and play a 24.

Nope. I have no intention nor inclination to play a 24. I tried it for like a week a year and a half ago, and was bored out of my mind. I LIKE the f2p restrictions. But don't tell me the work I did when I WAS subbed doesn't count. It DOES. the item says BIND ON ACCOUNT.

Incidentally, what's the highest level mob you've killed on your 20?

Nope. I have no intention nor inclination to play a 24. I tried it for like a week a year and a half ago, and was bored out of my mind. I LIKE the f2p restrictions. But don't tell me the work I did when I WAS subbed doesn't count. It DOES. the item says BIND ON ACCOUNT.

And 24s didn't put work into their toons? You'd essentially be a bad p2p twink and that's how you should be looked at, but it won't happen because of the sheer amount of hypocrisy on this forum.

Not a good change at all, it will just further divide the community.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend. One question though: can you make a DK?

If you've made a DK, then you're not nearly as 'pure' as you are making yourself out to be.

You didn't answer the question of what is the highest level mob you've killed.

If you've made a DK, then you're not nearly as 'pure' as you are making yourself out to be.

Making a DK was well within the limitations of a starter account back then and therefore my account is just as pure as any other non-linked account, just as those who joined a guild or obtained the Hallowed title.

The likes of you have always been unable to grasp the difference between "p2p help" and "obtained on a p2p character", so I'll just ignore the question about the highest level mob since I know where it's going.

No you don't. Answer the question.
For clarification purposes, what is the highest level mob you've killed SOLO?

Cool. Was just wondering. Same with me, and I did it on my unlinked account.

The only reason I asked is because so many people only focus on the PvP and ignore the rest of that huge, vast world.

dks are some filthy shit.

im still in the process of linking my p2p to my current f2p account and it looks like im not going to succeed bc i used fake names and now they want my id scan. so ig im unable to link my current f2p, i will just make a new starter edition on my p2p. ill be missing my noble title though .... but its easy to get at least :p

Whether the BoA window can be accessed by f2p is a good question. But there is no way you would lose the BoAs you already have. Characters with them in their bags or equipped aren't going to be stripped of them. What is likely to happen is when you log into the toon that has the BoA, then those go account wide. Just like the account wide mounts, achieves, and pets.

position requirement (such as "must be behind target") for abilities removed.
Shred Shred Shred !

Users who are viewing this thread