Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

TL, DR but the currnetly have 3 new models up, on Warlords of Draenor— orc, gnome. and dwarf males. and you can probably get a good idea of what troll will look like by looking at the new Vol"Jin. I'm so anxious to see the new undead models. Yay!

H-Hey guys, guys listen... Hey listen! W-What if for some reason f2p could insta-level to 90 with the same restrictions 20s have? It would be awesome r-right?

10 Gold and lvl 100 profs cap. I don't think that'd really work. :0

It'd be fun for sure but those restrictions would really get in the way of doing some things.

TL, DR but the currnetly have 3 new models up, on Warlords of Draenor— orc, gnome. and dwarf males. and you can probably get a good idea of what troll will look like by looking at the new Vol"Jin. I'm so anxious to see the new undead models. Yay!

Saw some pics of the male UD heads, they look amazing.

Going to be nice for all the old schoolers who play OG races.

So I thought about how some people wear certain pieces of gear to get extra crit. like leather. would the stats on those change to strength? xD That would be kinda nice I guess. like the eyepatch for Alliance.

Not the case, it's like saying look at Garrosh and you'll see the new orc models. Trolls were not shown at Blizzcon 2013.

Saw some pics of the male UD heads, they look amazing.

Going to be nice for all the old schoolers who play OG races.

Lets just hope they fix the human racial so people will actually play the races to want to play as. Would be a waste of resources if they update all Ally races if everyone goes Human for the free trinket anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
..yeah.. let's dumb wow even more... gg Blizzard!!

This is not dumbing WoW more....
I like these features . I like everything there. EVERYTHING.

I'm sure it will be. It's not like it's some super exclusive feature like mail. I'll have it's own tab just like mounts and such are account-wide.

So we will use BoAs on every character. This makes the game more attractive. This is a benefit for both F2P and P2P. F2P can use BoAs on every character and P2P can use the BoA on every character on every realm, even on his WoW2 F2P account.

Lets just hope they fix the human racial so people will actually play the races to want to play as. Would be a waste of resources if they update all Ally races if everyone goes Human for the free trinket anyway.

I'm sure the PvE community would get to enjoy the model updates either way :)

Racial tweaks inc
"There aren't plans for any broad, sweeping changes to racial abilities in 6.0. We'll probably tune some numbers so some racials feel less mandatory in certain cases. Also, due to the changes we announced at BlizzCon, there are several hit and expertise-based racials that will need to be replaced with something new-hopefully we can use those new racials to help shore up racial balance overall :) "

My Draenei is excited c:

I doubt seriously that they're going to code an entire itemization system that changes stats as your spec changes, and then only apply that system to newly-introduced gear.

Unless applying to pre WoD gear means touching the coding on every single piece of gear currently in game. Then I really don't see them doing that. Much the same as taking hit and exp off of older gear. It would just be too time consuming to be practical. I am sure with the instant 90 you will either get a set of new gear or there will be MoP style adventuring supplies vendors right off the bat. Really I think the best that can be hoped for is that they take the time to recode heirlooms.

Unless applying to pre WoD gear means touching the coding on every single piece of gear currently in game. Then I really don't see them doing that. Much the same as taking hit and exp off of older gear. It would just be too time consuming to be practical. I am sure with the instant 90 you will either get a set of new gear or there will be MoP style adventuring supplies vendors right off the bat. Really I think the best that can be hoped for is that they take the time to recode heirlooms.

The chances that they remove hit and expertise from pre-WoD gear are as low as it gets. We've all seen how thoroughly they removed resistances from the game. There is however the possibility that they convert hit and expertise to other secondary stats, just like they did with spell penetration.

The chances that they remove hit and expertise from pre-WoD gear are as low as it gets. We've all seen how thoroughly they removed resistances from the game. There is however the possibility that they convert hit and expertise to other secondary stats, just like they did with spell penetration.

Like it was said in another thread they will mostly likely be merged in to one new stat.

Hopefully they don't give f2ps very much at all, since ya know, ya'll are playing for free.
The discussion is about how changes will affect f2p. Obviously blizz isn't going to roll out a whole expac worth of improvements solely for our benefit, but some changes will make a difference regardless of the intention.

Frankly if you're not f2p I don't know why you'd care what we got out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread