Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

ability shuffling (read: deleting)

ability deleting

I fully expect rogues to lose Ambush (moved to 21), mages to lose Frost Nova (moved to 24) and hunters to lose Mend Pet.
Mend Pet to be replaced by Flying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically, they're gonna reduce the power curve with item squish and shuffle about our abilities.

Fingers crossed that warriors get some needed CC or mobility. Anything along with that derpy charge would be awesome. :eek:

They need to do some serious retooling of the talent system. it's beyond stupid that hunters, paladins, and druids all get their movement talents at 15, and the other classes don't. If you want balance, give ALL classes the same school of talents at the same level.

This isn't just a low level issue either. DKs don't get their rune abilities until 75... Umm that's kind of the core of the class, and you make them play for 20 levels without it...

Whoever signed off on this stupid system should be fired... Oh wait.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit and Expertise soft caps will be baseline for melee/ranged (misses, etc. will still happen for targets over 3 levels higher than you).

Initially I was excited about the removal of hit and expertise. I don't really care much about expertise. And with regards to hit, I think it would slightly bridge the gap between the factions, since alliance has more access to gear with hit(speaking from a rogues perspective), the horde would benefit from this change.

But after I read that you would miss targets that are over 3 levels higher, this change is going to suck for FTP.

ability shuffling (read: deleting)

ability deleting

I fully expect rogues to lose Ambush (moved to 21), mages to lose Frost Nova (moved to 24) and hunters to lose Mend Pet.

... we're loosing [mend pet]?

meh, I rarely use that move in pvp anyways. I just toss my bird or spider meat and they get 2/3 of their health back.

sure it takes a while out of combat, but would you rather wait 1 min to get your pet some health or 1 sec out of combat for that amount?

They're prolly talking about lvl 60 pvp anyway. Does Blizzard even know about F2P pvp? Is it useful that they actually know? Maybe they start questioning about the existance of this and put a "best before" back on.

Hey folks!

My goal with this post is to compile the changes in the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion as they apply to trial accounts. Obviously, this early into the process, there will be a lot of speculation involved. Things will change as the expansion draws closer and more concrete information becomes available; I'll try and keep this list as accurate and up-to-date as possible. Ideally this will eventually turn into a comprehensive F2P patch notes post.

Warlords of Draenor Changes Relevant to F2P Accounts
Updated 1/28/2014

General:

• Ability acquisition (which level certain abilities become available) will likely see some changes.
  • Character models will receive graphical updates. This will include new hairstyles as well.
  • Vengeance will increase tanking abilities instead of pure AP.
  • Position requirement (such as "must be behind target") for abilities removed.
  • Many racials will be reworked. Racials that affect hit, expertise, or base health will definitely change.
  • New Adventure Guide shows things you can do, what your character can work on. Customized to your character.

Stats & Itemization:

• Gear scaling / item level "squish" will occur.
  • Base health removed, all HP will come from stamina.
  • Base damage/healing on all spells removed, full damage/healing value will come from scaling.
  • Dodge, Parry, Hit and Expertise stats removed. Pre-existing gear that currently has these stats will have them converted to something else.
  • Hit and Expertise soft caps will be baseline for melee/ranged (misses, etc. will still happen for targets over 3 levels higher than you).
  • Spirit is being changed to a secondary stat for healers. Will no longer benefit DPS specs by increasing Hit chance, etc.
  • Haste breakpoints gone, replaced by partial ticks at the end.

Inventory:

• Heirlooms, Toys, and maybe Tabards will be available account-wide through the Collections system.
  • Option to flag items as Favorites and summon a Favorite mount.
  • Bags will be auto-sortable in the default UI.
  • Bags will highlight items that were added since you last opened them.
  • Bags will highlight the quality of items.
  • Bags will show an icon on Vendor Trash.
  • Quest items will not occupy bag space.
  • Larger stack sizes.
  • You will be able to craft directly from your bank.

Quests:

• Quest chains that are important and have important lore and story will be indicated with an icon.
  • The quest UI has been updated to combine the map and quest log and help guide the quest experience better.
  • The map will show you where you left off on the important storyline quests.

PvP:

• Blizzard will make an effort to balance low level PvP to some extent.
  • Base Resilience and Battle Fatigue will be removed or significantly reduced.
  • The Battleground scoreboard is being updated to provide better insight into your performance in Battlegrounds. A new stat called Battleground Score will take into account objective-based gameplay you engage in, such as returning flags, interrupting objective captures, healing, doing damage, and more.
  • The Honor system will stay in place, but winning in Battlegrounds will also offer a chance at extra random rewards such as a PvP set item, a random BoE item, consumables, and more.
  • Flag timers and other objective timers will also be viewable on the map, complete with an additional animation.

Class Changes:

Hunter

• Hunters will be getting updated weapon sounds in WoD.

Rogue

• Backstab removed entirely.

Warlock

• Warlocks will receive a significant rework.

Note: I'm assuming for the time being that we will be unable to access Draenor or the Garrison feature. If that turns out to be incorrect, I will be sure to add that information as well.

Good job Blizzard!!

Yeah, let's dumb wow even more. Why removal of BS? And not only this, all what happened starting wrath was an abomination. Why this tendency to make wow so easy to play?

Yeah, im an old tbc elitistjerk and the changes over the years hurt my elitist pride. Fu Blizzard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try to bring any ANY new girls to wow. they will act like the game (now ofc) is hard af. Idk why.
That is the only reason I've found.

Yeah, let's dumb wow even more. Why removal of BS? And not only this, all what happened starting wrath was an abomination. Why this tendency to make wow so easy to play?

Yeah, im an old tbc elitistjerk and the changes over the years hurt my elitist pride. Fu Blizzard.

TBC hard? Haha. People complained about content being too casual friendly even then. Button bloat was never good. And finally someone who says openly that Wrath was terrible and i agree 100% with that.

Wrath was the pinnacle of WoW.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you never killed Arthas without the buff, let alone on hard mode.

Wrath was the pinnacle of WoW.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you never killed Arthas without the buff, let alone on hard mode.

I also enjoyed Wrath, but I think people's favorite expansion tends to be the one they progressed the farthest. It's a fond memories kind of thing. I will say tanking was completely f'd in Wrath, stamina stacking was retarded. I enjoyed block capping in Cata and their effort to go back to actually "tanking" abilities.

I'm sorry, but that simply is not true.
Mechanics-wise, WoW is harder than it has ever been. And bosses have steadily been getting harder with every new tier.

For all the love that CC gets, NO ONE enjoyed wiping on trash, and they still don't. The trash was harder than the bosses lol.

Well, that's your pov and i respect it but i don't agree with it. Trash was harder, bosses were harder. Starting Wrath, was a zerg/aoe fest and that's not a thing i could cope with. Wiping in Kara over and over in HC blue gear, working so hard for a damn Tier piece, going to SSC, fighing Leotheras being careful at everything around you. Casters being careful on the use of Mana pots.. etc. That was complexity. A thing that since Wrath is gone. A thing that added a special flavor to the game, when you actually downed a boss, it was an incredible feeling of achievment. Now? Now it's like, oh, he died? Ok, loot him, let's move on.

Yea I agree with this. I didn't raid back then but things were more special... Forming groups was a big deal, you depended on one another. Even the epic mount, I remember grinding 800g and mats for my Dreadsteed. And then summoning the horse in DM and having to fight it. All that stuff had meaning. I rode the lvl 40 one for a while, that stuff wasn't cheap/easy to do.

Now you don't even have to go to town, it's dropped in your spell book. That's kind of sad.

I'm sorry, but that simply is not true.
Mechanics-wise, WoW is harder than it has ever been. And bosses have steadily been getting harder with every new tier.

For all the love that CC gets, NO ONE enjoyed wiping on trash, and they still don't. The trash was harder than the bosses lol.

Well, that's your pov and i respect it but i don't agree with it. Trash was harder, bosses were harder. Starting Wrath, was a zerg/aoe fest and that's not a thing i could cope with. Wiping in Kara over and over in HC blue gear, working so hard for a damn Tier piece, going to SSC, fighing Leotheras being careful at everything around you. Casters being careful on the use of Mana pots.. etc. That was complexity. A thing that since Wrath is gone. A thing that added a special flavor to the game, when you actually downed a boss, it was an incredible feeling of achievment. Now? Now it's like, oh, he died? Ok, loot him, let's move on.

You both make good points. But you have to remember that the average pug is alot better at playing than they were in BC.

Also, OoOT: One thing that I do miss and also I'm glad it's gone is attunments.

Content is NOT easier. Cata heroics were the hardest that Blizz ever made.

And normal mobs out in the world have mechanics in MoP lol!

it's a computer game with a recommended age of 12, it's not meant to be "hard".

Users who are viewing this thread