Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

Actually I believe their official stance is twinking was not intended. I would say making the above XP off NPCs shows that they condone it.

Truly just curious, what makes you nearly certain that a Blizzard employee plays f2p and posts here?

Just the general nature of people in general and gamers in particular.

People like to push the limits and test boundaries. Blizz employees have admitted to playing 19s. I'm sure they play 20s and 24s.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Though there is that pesky little option on your Battle.net account page to "add a starter edition"... If starter editions were strictly limited to new players, Blizz wouldn't allow existing players to add one.

Pesky little option? What? I never said anything about being 'strictly limited.' I said starter accounts were intended to be for new players, as in, new players are the primary target with the starter account features. Every single restriction you see on the starter account is designed to make buying the game more appealing. Not having access to the BoA ui is just one more thing they can restrict to starter accounts to make buying the full game more appealing.

I am nearly certain that 1) Blizz employees play starter editions, and 2) Blizz employees post here.

Not sure what this has to do with anything.

While Blizzard's official stance may be to not condone twinking, there is a reason that the two NPCs who turn off your EXP are named Behsten and Slahtz. Best In Slot. BIS. get it?

It was done as a joke. So what? Are you seriously trying to convince me Blizzard is spending time adding features to their starter account program with the intent purpose of giving more players reasons not to pay for the game?

No. I'm saying that while things may not be 'intended,' like starter accounts buying BOAs, some things are too much of a PITA for Blizz to turn off. I've communicated with GMs regarding this.

Sorry, didn't think to take a SS...

All thru thing may change but atm it seems like this.

30a766c.jpg

So will our toons that we spent years on and are bis suddenly have a lot of the stats replaced? Does that mean it risks the gear that we worked hard for might become inferior to that of something that we may have not chosen from a quest?
And base health/damage removed?? So my Stam set on my pally will no longer give me 3k base health in bgs? And I will hit like a wet noodle with it on?
This just might be the end of f2p's..
On the brightside, access to looms acc wide without mail would be interesting. But most likely blizzard will figure out f2p are using this and eventually restrict it.

Dev1: damage comes in too fast in PvP. We need to do something to eliminate the burst.
Dev2: I know! We'll introduce 'resilience!' It reduces damage from other players.
Dev1: great! Let's do it!

Dev3: damage comes in way too slow in PvP. There's no burst and healers never die.
Devs1and2: we know! We'll introduce 'battle fatigue!' It reduces the amount of healing you can take in PvP.
Dev3: great! Let's do it!

Dev4: you guys are all idiots. We're getting rid of resilience and battle fatigue.

Aside: this could potentially make GFed resil gear pretty valuable.

Aside 2: the whole resilience and PvP gear thing came about as raiders were owning face in AV back in the day.

Rather than adding stupid gimmicks like resilience and pvp power, the devs should have just made pvp gear have THE EXACT SAME STATS as pve gear.

There are four tiers of pve gear from lfr to mythic. There needs to be four tiers of PvP gear from pug to rank 1 glad.

The tiers need to be MUCH CLOSER TOGETHER. PvP players need to be able to pve in their pvp gear. Pve players need to be able to pvp in their pve gear. Make all gear the same and there is NO MORE LUGGING AROUND FOUR TO SIX DIFFERENT SETS OF GEAR.

done. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dev1: damage comes in too fast in PvP. We need to do something to eliminate the burst.
Dev2: I know! We'll introduce 'resilience!' It reduces damage from other players.
Dev1: great! Let's do it!

Dev3: damage comes in way too slow in PvP. There's no burst and healers never die.
Devs1and2: we know! We'll introduce 'battle fatigue!' It reduces the amount of healing you can take in PvP.
Dev3: great! Let's do it!

Dev4: you guys are all idiots. We're getting rid of resilience and battle fatigue.

Aside: this could potentially make GFed resil gear pretty valuable.

Aside 2: the whole resilience and PvP gear thing came about as raiders were owning face in AV back in the day.

Rather than adding stupid gimmicks like resilience and pvp power, the devs should have just made pvp gear have THE EXACT SAME STATS as pve gear.

There are four tiers of pve gear from lfr to mythic. There needs to be four tiers of PvP gear from pug to rank 1 glad.

The tiers need to be MUCH CLOSER TOGETHER. PvP players need to be able to pve in their pvp gear. Pve players need to be able to pvp in their pve gear. Make all gear the same and there is NO MORE LUGGING AROUND FOUR TO SIX DIFFERENT SETS OF GEAR.

done. :)

No. I get where you're coming from. But it would take the fun out of it, and potentially allow scrubs to obtain bis gear fairly easy. Plus p2p will still have chants

Aside from that, about boa ui, will that allow f2p wear head/ leg/ cape looms from p2p acc that's linked to it?

No. I get where you're coming from. But it would take the fun out of it, and potentially allow scrubs to obtain bis gear fairly easy. Plus p2p will still have chants

Aside from that, about boa ui, will that allow f2p wear head/ leg/ cape looms from p2p acc that's linked to it?

It won't allow scrubs to get BIS gear since BIS gear will require mythic raiding or rank one pvp.

But it WILL allow scrubs to at least have a chance to get good. And it WILL allow predominantly pvp players to run pve content. And it WILL allow predominantly pve players to run pvp content. WITHOUT ALL THE GEAR GRINDING. No one in their right mind wants to grind up two to four different gear sets every tier.

Did you even read?

On second thought, I now realize why this perfectly logical and elegant solution will never happen. F'in Blizz >,<

Code:
It won't allow scrubs to get BIS gear since BIS gear will require mythic raiding or rank one pvp.

But it WILL allow scrubs to at least have a chance to get good. And it WILL allow predominantly pvp players to run pve content. And it WILL allow predominantly pve players to run pvp content. WITHOUT ALL THE GEAR GRINDING. No one in their right mind wants to grind up two to four different gear sets every tier.

Did you even read?

On second thought, I now realize why this perfectly logical and elegant solution will never happen. F'in Blizz >,<

This is about the f2p bracket dude. Maybe you should read. Because honestly I have no clue what teirs and raiding have to do with low lvl brackets. Try to avoid caps too. Yes it displays your anger, but i simply take you for a 12 yo when looking at it

Last edited:
We just need to step back off the ledge and get a little perspective I think.

Two things the recent tweets/dev posts make clear;

#1 blizz is trying to remove needless kludge (resil and fatigue are nothing but roadblocks to good mechanics) and
#2 they are still in the earliest stages of getting a clue.

Be certain that the end result will be the game will go on and you will soon forget what things used to be like (because the mechanics never really mattered anyway).

Back in the day I used to play a 39 rogue who still has equipped a mh caster mace, oh sword and a gold miners helmet because with the human racial I had crazy op expertise. The battle group forums were all atwitter with tales of my awesomeness (self-heralded, duh).

Anyway, the game is better now. Gear is easier to get, teams are easier to make, games are easier to get in to. All signs for WoD suggest this will continue.

So will our toons that we spent years on and are bis suddenly have a lot of the stats replaced? Does that mean it risks the gear that we worked hard for might become inferior to that of something that we may have not chosen from a quest?
And base health/damage removed?? So my Stam set on my pally will no longer give me 3k base health in bgs? And I will hit like a wet noodle with it on?
This just might be the end of f2p's..
On the brightside, access to looms acc wide without mail would be interesting. But most likely blizzard will figure out f2p are using this and eventually restrict it.

Even in the worst case scenario in which all our quest rewards become the wrong choice, it seems like blizz is offering a golden parachute. You can reroll for the quest rewards and just transfer all your looms. You loose nothing but a little time and perhaps rep rewards. If your looms suddenly become the wrong choice (fu shammy caster mail), well…you've gotta do something with all that honor you're hoarding.

We just need to step back off the ledge and get a little perspective I think.

Two things the recent tweets/dev posts make clear;

#1 blizz is trying to remove needless kludge (resil and fatigue are nothing but roadblocks to good mechanics) and
#2 they are still in the earliest stages of getting a clue.

Be certain that the end result will be the game will go on and you will soon forget what things used to be like (because the mechanics never really mattered anyway).

Back in the day I used to play a 39 rogue who still has equipped a mh caster mace, oh sword and a gold miners helmet because with the human racial I had crazy op expertise. The battle group forums were all atwitter with tales of my awesomeness (self-heralded, duh).

Anyway, the game is better now. Gear is easier to get, teams are easier to make, games are easier to get in to. All signs for WoD suggest this will continue.

Even in the worst case scenario in which all our quest rewards become the wrong choice, it seems like blizz is offering a golden parachute. You can reroll for the quest rewards and just transfer all your looms. You loose nothing but a little time and perhaps rep rewards. If your looms suddenly become the wrong choice (fu shammy caster mail), well…you've gotta do something with all that honor you're hoarding.

Wish i could transfer my tabard of flame tho.. Wish there was acc wide Tabards other than guild

Users who are viewing this thread