Twinks! addon nearing completion - Open Beta soon!

I certainly appreciate you taking the time out to answer my questions. I believe the addon is a great idea (minus the XP exploitation) and I appreciate the work you have put into it. I apologize for all the questions and they were not meant to be antagonistic. Its an addon I could see myself utilizing and donating to you if I liked it (as I do with most developers) Last question, what's the size of the addon and how lean does it run performance wise in game?

I certainly appreciate you taking the time out to answer my questions. I believe the addon is a great idea (minus the XP exploitation) and I appreciate the work you have put into it. I apologize for all the questions and they were not meant to be antagonistic. Its an addon I could see myself utilizing and donating to you if I liked it (as I do with most developers) Last question, what's the size of the addon and how lean does it run performance wise in game?
No performance issues, you shouldn't even notice it's running. Size I can't answer, as the addon isn't done yet.

looking forward to seeing the addon.

he listens to a deadmouse.. nuff said

Looking forward to the official release of this addon.

Keep up the hard work!

1. Make XP-off a separate addon or just don't create one as there is one already.

2. 30 dollar is imo far too much to ask, will only lead to a pirated version getting posted and no one will buy it. I think the best thing would be, as someone previously said, that you offer a donating-feature instead of a payment requirement. But then again it's your time and effort and your addon so do whatever you want with it.

is this going to work on macs?
Yes.

I had a pretty catastrophic computer crash a a few days ago. No data was lost, but I might not be able to work on anything WoW related for a while.

Agreed with making the XP-lock function a seperate addon. Anyone using that is asking for a ban.

As the whole addon would be using things against the EULA and ToS, would the account be bannable just for having it installed? If it is even possible to detect?

P.S. Agreed with others, I doubt you will sell many at $30. Best to price it cheaper and actually get sales, than none at all. (My opinion).

Although I wouldn't be against two separate addons, can you name one person who has been banned for xp locking in xp on? Great work on the addon btw, I look forward to trying it out.

Although I wouldn't be against two separate addons, can you name one person who has been banned for xp locking in xp on? Great work on the addon btw, I look forward to trying it out.

Not banned but have had a GM actually speak to them in a BG and tell them to get out immediately or face the consequences.

(You know who you are!).

It's possible that happened in EU but over here no one has ever been banned or given a warning that I know of, and I have almost every active 10-14 twink on real id.

As the whole addon would be using things against the EULA and ToS, would the account be bannable just for having it installed? If it is even possible to detect?
Not going to address the rest because it's pointless;
Nothing the addon does is against the EULA or ToS.

Re: Twinks! cheating addon nearing completion - Open Beta soon!

Not going to address the rest because it's pointless;
Nothing the addon does is against the EULA or ToS.
You are a funny guy Sully, I like you...

- Exp off exploit not against the ToS ?
- Trying to block the server to perform actions to your character not against the ToS ? Stopping packets of data to reach your computer so deserter doesn't kick off ? Not against the ToS ? If only you could you wouldn't be stopping packets of data, you would be sending false ones, next feature maybe ? Oh well that is the same thing...God knows what bug/exploit you are using for the disconnection, DoS attack maybe ? You can add that one too. It's like a triple exploit in one. Just because they haven't banned anybody doesn't mean shit...
- Add-on code must be completely visible, not against the ToS ?

You are really wetting your pants on a daily basis, are you ? "help make history", "world first lvl 50 raid", "open beta", "first addon", "monthly fee", "let me ask daddy".

You are a liar and a cheater. And you can have your first world for both of these.

EDIT: Contacted Shane, we'll see what his stance is and he can decide to remove this thread.

Not sure what you were trying to prove with this other then a kid running to his mommy but it is pretty obvious how Shane thinks about this in general when looking at Screwtherulesinfo.com. The overhaul of this site is great and he did an excellent job on that but some subject dont belong here on TI but on some exploit site. This only decreases the rep of TI wich the previous owner tried to create and be an official wow site. To bad Shane is allready to much involved with things like that and allows it here on TI.

God knows what bug/exploit you are using for the disconnection, DoS attack maybe ?

Clearly you don't know how add-ons work... You cannot (put a DDOS program into an add-on) or should not ever consider DDOSing a company or another IP no matter how big or small the company. That is a federal offense. He will probably incorporate a disconnection macro which is completely legal within the ToS. Now I'll admit and agree that this add-on does and can push the boundaries at times, but don't players do this every day? Graveyard Camping, Terrain Exploiting and even Weapon Chain glitching (when some say is completely normal and legit, however +200 exp or +60(?) hit rating doesn't fit in any bracket except 60 - 90 at best). People who use this exploit (and will use this program) will take it upon themselves, to use it. Regardless of risks or not. They make the final choice, IAT is just merely providing them a program to do what some would say "cheap" things with.

People easily make money on add-ons and hacks rather it be a weekly, monthly or yearly charge. That is how well some of these programmers or "hackers" are. I am not approving or denying this attachment/program. I'm merely stating the facts.

I am not here to start a flame war, if you get upset at my defending, take it to my PMs. I will be more than happy to talk to you there.

You are a funny guy Sully, I like you...

- Exp off exploit not against the ToS ?
- Trying to block the server to perform actions to your character not against the ToS ? Stopping packets of data to reach your computer so deserter doesn't kick off ? Not against the ToS ? If only you could you wouldn't be stopping packets of data, you would be sending false ones, next feature maybe ? Oh well that is the same thing...God knows what bug/exploit you are using for the disconnection, DoS attack maybe ? You can add that one too. It's like a triple exploit in one. Just because they haven't banned anybody doesn't mean shit...
- Add-on code must be completely visible, not against the ToS ?

You are really wetting your pants on a daily basis, are you ? "help make history", "world first lvl 50 raid", "open beta", "first addon", "monthly fee", "let me ask daddy".

You are a liar and a cheater. And you can have your first world for both of these.
10/10 would read again.

Not sure what you were trying to prove with this other then a kid running to his mommy but it is pretty obvious how Shane thinks about this in general when looking at Screwtherulesinfo.com. The overhaul of this site is great and he did an excellent job on that but some subject dont belong here on TI but on some exploit site. This only decreases the rep of TI wich the previous owner tried to create and be an official wow site. To bad Shane is allready to much involved with things like that and allows it here on TI.

4CONTROVERSIAL9ME

Last edited by a moderator:
World of Warcraft User Interface Add-On Development Policy

With the continuing popularity of World of Warcraft user interface add-ons (referred to hereafter as "add-ons") created by the community of players, Blizzard Entertainment has formalized design and distribution guidelines for add-ons. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action.

1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.

2) Add-on code must be completely visible.
The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public.

3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players.
Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates.

4) Add-ons may not include advertisements.
Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services.

5) Add-ons may not solicit donations.
Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game.

6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material.
World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings.

7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA.
All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement.

8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit.
To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion. For more information...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nuff said. Besides that, it would be a really good addon, just needs to be free. Bottom line.

but don't players do this every day?

No. No. No. Players don't do that everyday. The reason you are saying that is to draw some sort of sympathy for why you do it and why it would be ok. Some Twinks do that everyday. Cheaters do that everyday. Normal players have a little bit of pride, love for the game and simply comon sense left...
(I'm being generous with some. Since twinkinfo claim the definition of Twink, well let's say a Twink is not a good thing to be anymore. I ceased to claim that name a long time ago. I do not have any twinks. You said it yourself so brilliantly players do that everyday, you forgot to mention players around here...)

Just because you can code something into an addon, or do something in WoW, or because daddy Shane says it's ok, do not mean it's part of WoW. This has been said time and time again.

Clearly you don't know how add-ons work... You cannot (put a DDOS program into an add-on) or should not ever consider DDOSing a company or another IP no matter how big or small the company. That is a federal offense. He will probably incorporate a disconnection macro which is completely legal within the ToS.
First of all I was joking with the DoS obviously... No need to call the FBI. He is making this addon, not me. And oh, I'm not american.
Secondly,generating a disconnect is not legal within the ToS, do you even hear your sad face speaking ? Have you even read it ? Even if its codable, anything that you do that is shady is against the ToS, The whole point of a disconnect is that it's something the server can't even process. Especially if you do it repeatidly, knowingly. Does it circumvent the 20to60sec time when your character is supposed to stay in the world? if it did that would be even worse. Don't answer that, I don't need to know. Anyway there is these 2 other parts that are worse, nothing to say about that ? You guys so caught up with cheating everyday that you have completly lost track of what is ok and what's not. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time speaking with you, this is ridiculous. It's like trying to explain a kid why they shouldn't wet their beds...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread