Twinks! addon nearing completion - Open Beta soon!

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
twinks_s.png

TWINKS! - The first addon aimed at creating, gearing, and owning with twinked characters.

Current version: 0.9.3c - Closed Beta

Twinks! is an addon that has been in the works for a while and started out with helping people get into XP-on battlegrounds. It evolved and expanded, and it now does more than just that. It's still in development, but is slated to go into open beta next week. The addon will be regularly updated and is aiming to be the addon for twinks. The vast majority of the features listed below are fully completed and have been thoroughly tested, but more work and fine tuning is still required along with additional features to call it a "release ready" addon.

The current list of features includes:

XP prevention features.
Leveling and experience is a twink's worst nightmare. This addon will ensure that never happens via a number of safety mechanisms. Zoning into any area with your XP on alerts you to the fact that your XP is on. Entering a dungeon with your XP on will teleport you out instantly, while entering a battleground with your XP on leaves the battleground (unless it's Warsong Gulch). In addition, when you are about to hand in a quest that rewards XP, you are alerted and unable to do so, to ensure hasty decisions don't accidentally grant you experience.

Helping you enter XP-on battlegrounds with your XP turned off!
If you are the leader of a group of twinks using this addon, interacting with the XP eliminator NPC queues your whole group after turning off your XP automatically. If you are not grouped, interacting with the XP eliminator NPC queues you solo after turning off your XP automatically. When your battleground is ready, the addon will help you turn off your XP and enter the battleground at the same time so you get in with your XP off.

Helping you gear up.
Twinks need gear. Sometimes the gear you see that is the best isn't blatantly labeled as "Best in Slot". This addon changes that by removing the guesswork. Having a predefined set of items for each level bracket (with a database list that's constantly being updated!), this addon will automatically change any gear you can't wear to "unusable" quality, epic items you can wear (that isn't best) to "rare" quality, and all gear that is "Best in Slot" will be clearly labeled with flavor text (to denote spec/role) and will be changed to "epic" quality. No longer will you wonder whether the gear in your bags is REALLY "Best in Slot".

Event Alerts.
An important part of twinks' gear comes from events such as the fishing tournament in Stranglethorn Vale, the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby, and Heirloom gear from the Darkmoon Faire. You will be reminded when these events are in session, along with things such as your completion of the DMF dailies for the day and turn-ins.

Scheduled Game Alerts.
Brackets host games on certain days at a specific time. When the time comes for your bracket, you will be automatically queued (unless your XP is on) and notified that the queues have begun. These dates and times can be manually modified and will be updated with the addon as well.

At the end of an XP-on battleground you are disconnected.
There's currently a bug that will trap you in the battleground
for a whole 10 minutes if your XP is off at the end of an XP-on battleground. This addon automatically disconnects you to prevent you from being trapped. You can log back in and queue up again without a hassle.

Warsong Gulch "Smart Mode".
One of the most unique features the addon provides. In the rare cases that you fail to enter your battleground with your XP off, if your battleground happens to be Warsong Gulch, you will not be ported out! Instead, the addon will monitor the match and both flag carriers and disconnect you only when you are about to get XP! These scenarios include when your team is about to capture a flag, when the enemy team is about to win, or when the match is about to end.

Premade Mode.
Twinks like to host large scale battles versus each other in 10v10 (or more) premade matches. Unfortunately, Blizzard has made it so Wargames do not work if your XP is turned off. While this addon normally forces you to leave a battleground with your XP on, it will not do so if it recognizes that you are in a wargame! When you leave the wargame, it will alert you to turn off your XP once again to prevent any unfortunate situations (there have been very real accidents with grandfathered twinks leveling from such things).

Pricing
The addon will be subscription, character, or account based, with purchase options available at $5 per month, $15 per character or $30 per account. Each user will be provided with their own download of the addon, unique to them. While in open beta, the prices for a character are reduced to $10 per character and $25 per account, with the monthly subscription not yet available. If you choose a monthly subscription, it is valid for the whole account, and when it runs out, the addon will cease functioning for now. The character or account licenses never expire.

It's early to say much about the future of the addon before it's release, but the possibility of a free version is very likely.

Who would I be supporting?
A college student who needs to pay off his loans.

The Promise

To promote the creation of twinks, the gearing of twinks, and to help promote the stay and activity of twinks through an actively updated addon.

The above was written for a place where I will be selling the addon. As far as Twink Info goes, I'll be looking into making a lite version of the addon, particularly the features to help with Premades, Scheduled Games, and Events as those are more "need" features than "want" because of accidental leveling, and the difficulty of getting scheduled games together or gearing via DMF/STV/KFD. So don't completely freak out about it being a paid addon. I'm also still taking feature requests, but I think I have the majority of "want" features covered as well as the "need"s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts about adding a rating system for War Games?
I thought about it but I would like to keep out artificial "fluff", though there's a possibility that once this addon is released I might just make a small separate ratings one. (for free, of course).

Pretty sad that you are not telling people that they should be aware that this addon wont be legit and wont be acknolledged by blizzard and using it is at your own risk and bannable.

Another thing is the fact you are trying to scamm people again with this addon like you did with your name change service.

You are just an idiot sir and trying to benefit from others. Get a job and earn some legit money for your school and marriage then milking others.

Sounded great until $30 per account. Rofl, real joke. xD
I have to agree with Cates. Gread Addon,even greater Idea and I'm sure you invested a lot of Free Time in this Project but the current Price Model is a absolute No-Go.

.Another thing is the fact you are trying to scamm people again with this addon like you did with your name change service.
Care to explain ?

Pretty sad that you are not telling people that they should be aware that this addon wont be legit and wont be acknolledged by blizzard and using it is at your own risk and bannable.

Another thing is the fact you are trying to scamm people again with this addon like you did with your name change service.

You are just an idiot sir and trying to benefit from others. Get a job and earn some legit money for your school and marriage then milking others.
Oh boy, I totally didn't see this post coming

[/sarcasm]

I have to agree with Cates. Gread Addon,even greater Idea and I'm sure you invested a lot of Free Time in this Project but the current Price Model is a absolute No-Go.
The price model wasn't aimed at TI but another site specifically, which is why it is there. I'm going to do what I can to see if I can get a TI version out, which is why I posted about the LITE version being made.
Care to explain ?
Leo's constantly upset and feels the need to boost his ego by derailing or trying to talk down to me in every thread I make.

Obviously Mr. Sherlock, Blizzard doesn't "acknowledge" the existance of most addons. The addon is legit and isn't doing anything against ToS, it uses the Blizzard API only. Please find a REAL reason to cry.

Leo's constantly upset and feels the need to boost his ego by derailing or trying to talk down to me in every thread I make.
Sorry i am not upset and i dont need to boost my ego like you, i dont even care about that and dont know where you get that from so stop with spreading lies, but i need to post in topics when they are against the coc and when you are trying to swindle other players/members. It is all you mr hustler, not me. This addon idea might actually be good for trial players but its a shame its made by mr exploit himself so you can expect some stuff like that in it wich makes it bad by default.

Obviously Mr. Sherlock, Blizzard doesn't "acknowledge" the existance of most addons. The addon is legit and isn't doing anything against ToS, it uses the Blizzard API only. Please find a REAL reason to cry.
Entering xp on bg is against the coc and your addon will have this function.

Go play else where kid, get a job and earn your money irl and not over the backs of other people when this addon wont bring anything new and dont try to make me look bad when you are the one asking for stuff like this with your silly egoistic money making scams. You obviously cant handle the truth either, dodge and edit posts after replies... Talking about ego haha that you even think about that says enough to me kid. Maby you will grow up some day.

Can't see how that feature won't inherently come with the risk of being banned. Anyone who has played this game a long time knows just how hard Blizzard comes down on circumventions, exploitations, or whatever you want to call this.
Anyone is free to exclude themselves from using that part of the addon. No one would be forcing you to use all of it.

That aside, no one has had any action taken for so called "circumvention" related to XP BGs, at least not without prior penalties on the account.

I would put a disclaimer in your OP about using the addon, because of the XP exploit. Regardless of your semantics calling it circumvention it is indeed exploitation.

Also where are you getting your BiS lists for all brackets? I'm interested to see your lists particularly for the 29 and 39 bracket. I'd be interested to see how your addon handles gf'd gear being BiS or its only obtainable gear. How often do you plan on updating it? Gear lists themselves will be ever evolving and a massive undertaking. Did you write this in C++?

Also might I suggest asking for donations instead if peopke like the addon.With all that said keep in mind that is against Blizzard policy to charge for addons and or offer a "premium" addon, or solicit for donations for said addon either through it or by providing extra features because of. You can ask for donations on the addons website or through the distribution site however cant use those donations as a basis for providing extra features.They are required to be provided free of charge. So Blizzard would contact you directly by sending a cease and desist letter and then sue you if you continued with that. Blizzard also requires that you make the source code readily available for the complete addon.
Edited for clarity.

Also how did you code in the subscriptions? Is it ID based? Would a monthly subscriber have to get a new unique ID every month? Or does the source have a "phone home" type of code built in?

World of Warcraft User Interface Add-On Development Policy

With the continuing popularity of World of Warcraft user interface add-ons (referred to hereafter as "add-ons") created by the community of players, Blizzard Entertainment has formalized design and distribution guidelines for add-ons. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action.

1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.

2) Add-on code must be completely visible.
The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public.

3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players.
Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates.

4) Add-ons may not include advertisements.
Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services.

5) Add-ons may not solicit donations.
Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game.

6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material.
World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings.

7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA.
All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement.

8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit.
To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion. For more information...

But hey not surprised these threads are not being locked, twinkinfo the so called "twinks represent place", just keep saying everyday that the rule no1 of twinks is to cheat, lie, exploit and not respect the ToU / EULA. Then people wonder who is bringing dirt on the twinks... Oh please...

The addon is legit and isn't doing anything against ToS, it uses the Blizzard API only. Please find a REAL reason to cry.
You are a liar.

And iaccidentallytwink, you terrorist, I have only one thing to say to you, and any of your followers:

Go home and Die - YouTube

I would put a disclaimer in your OP about using the addon, because of the XP exploit. Regardless of your semantics calling it circumvention it is indeed exploitation.

Also where are you getting your BiS lists for all brackets? I'm interested to see your lists particularly for the 29 and 39 bracket. I'd be interested to see how your addon handles gf'd gear being BiS or its only obtainable gear. How often do you plan on updating it? Gear lists themselves will be ever evolving and a massive undertaking. Did you write this in C++?

Also might I suggest asking for donations instead if peopke like the addon.With all that said keep in mind that is against Blizzard policy to charge for addons and or offer a "premium" addon, or solicit for donations for said addon either through it or by providing extra features because of. You can ask for donations on the addons website or through the distribution site however cant use those donations as a basis for providing extra features.They are required to be provided free of charge. So Blizzard would contact you directly by sending a cease and desist letter and then sue you if you continued with that. Blizzard also requires that you make the source code readily available for the complete addon.
Edited for clarity.

Disclaimer will be put up once it goes for sale.

BiS lists are subjective, I'm simply going to gather the ones rated the highest and used the most and label them as epics with the flavor text showing what spec/role it's for. The user can decide for himself from a list of "BiS" choices.

GF'd gear the same way. It will be updated as often as it needs to be. Yes. No, you can't write addons in C++, only LUA.

I'm well aware it's against Blizzard's policy. So is account selling. I have considered donations and will more likely than not be switching to that platform post-launch. If Blizzard sends me a C&D then I will immediately switch to a donation platform.

Also how did you code in the subscriptions? Is it ID based? Would a monthly subscriber have to get a new unique ID every month? Or does the source have a "phone home" type of code built in?

Not disclosing some of it, but at this time the monthly platform is being worked on. The subscriptions are not my top priority right now, the actual addon is. Phoning home can't be done inside Blizzard's API so it won't be that.
But hey not surprised these threads are not being locked, twinkinfo the so called "twinks represent place", just keep saying everyday that the rule no1 of twinks is to cheat, lie, exploit and not respect the ToU / EULA. Then people wonder who is bringing dirt on the twinks... Oh please...

You are a liar.

And iaccidentallytwink, you terrorist, I have only one thing to say to you, and any of your followers:

Go home and Die - YouTube
Troll Story Bro. My personal stance does not reflect the site as a whole. I am a single user, but if the authority on this site has a problem then this thread can be removed/locked. I'll actually ask Shane directly to see if he's okay with this thread staying.

EDIT: Contacted Shane, we'll see what his stance is and he can decide to remove this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread