Thoughts on ele shams?

Saw a geared Shaman 1v1 people in quick succession the other day. Even as shammies are right now, that's still pretty difficult for the average shaman, even before healing was nerfed, was quite interesting to watch. Still, they are a farcry from OP. If I had to say how much they have improved, I would put the improvement level almost on par with Warrior's improvement when MoP hit, and that was a very nice improvement.

Fulmination is great, however, if you want to maximize your burst with it, then it means you have to go a loooooong time without casting earth shock, so there is a trade off... losing some sustained decent damage for big burst, or you can just constantly hit earth shock to maximize damage with reduced burst. It's good having the option though. The best thing is that purge hits now.

Saw a geared Shaman 1v1 people in quick succession the other day. Even as shammies are right now, that's still pretty difficult for the average shaman, even before healing was nerfed, was quite interesting to watch. Still, they are a farcry from OP. If I had to say how much they have improved, I would put the improvement level almost on par with Warrior's improvement when MoP hit, and that was a very nice improvement.

couldn't agree more. i loved warriors pre MoP tho. I was the only warrior i knew that could 1v1 any class and the only warrior that chased after hunters when they were at there finest! lol

Fulmination is great, however, if you want to maximize your burst with it, then it means you have to go a loooooong time without casting earth shock, so there is a trade off... losing some sustained decent damage for big burst, or you can just constantly hit earth shock to maximize damage with reduced burst. It's good having the option though. The best thing is that purge hits now.

with the globals on the shammy, by the time you earth shock your gonna have a wait a couple milliseconds for it to come back and by that time, you could already have a lighting bolt cast already and they both do the same amount of damage. mine actually crit for 550 and my earth shock crits for like 350 with no charges. Im not explaining it very well. but basically whats im trying to say is, your sustained damage is going to be better spamming lighting bolt and use earth shock when it hits max stacks then you would using it after ever 2 lighting bolts. and if you really wanted to you could just use flame shocks every 2 lighting bolts and use earth shock when it stacks to 7. It does just about the same damage as an earth shock, about 50 dmg less on crits and 100 dmg less when not a crit.. thumbs up if you found this useful :)

Like I said before, shamans are all about control.... Controlling your opponent. As a shaman you can dispel most any beneficial buff a toon has, interrupt them, put them to sleep if you a panda, dispel bad stuff off you and your allies, put a shield on yourself if you chose that talent, heal yourself and others, all while running circles around them. Shaman do have many, many CDs though.

Sweetsydney..

Geared Ele who knows how to play = Dangerously OP
Undergeared Ele with little experience = Pretty average

As oppose to something like a hunter in which case they can be OP in both situations

Pirate Eye Patch Hunters were shooting at my Priest in Warsong today, I tried running away but, there was nowhere to go.

I find it amusing that a thread discussing elemental shamans was derailed by people who play hunters trying to say that since elemental shamans are now competitive - for the first time since the advent of extended trials - they are OP and therefore to be subjected to the same derision that is usually reserved for hunters.

My advice? Play what you want, and who gives a damn. Stop turning all these threads into shit-shows. No one really gives a shit if you play hunter. Just stop always trying to defend yourself for doing so.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Not to nitpick, but this thread is about ele shams, and the only thing we would be dispelling as non-resto would be curses, which is hugely situational. Also bulwark totem is garbage. It is true we have a lot at our disposal, but our offhealing is also garbage now too.

A 650 health shield garbage that refreshes every 5 sec(albeit a little weaker) on a 1 min CD garbage? Whatchutalkinaboutwillis? It is a great defensesive cooldown. Just another reason why we will see... Nope, not going to say it. Not my style. I'll let the rest of you speak for me. I have seen many elementals heal more than healers. It just depends on if you are a team player or if you are just self-centented.

Sweetsydney...

When I play ele i like to stack up my dhield near nozzlepot then join bg rush zerker and one shot someone.

A 650 health shield garbage that refreshes every 5 sec(albeit a little weaker) on a 1 min CD garbage? Whatchutalkinaboutwillis? It is a great defensesive cooldown. Just another reason why we will see... Nope, not going to say it. Not my style. I'll let the rest of you speak for me. I have seen many elementals heal more than healers. It just depends on if you are a team player or if you are just self-centented.

Where did I say I didn't heal? I heal a huge percentage of the time I spend playing in pugs, less so with a dedicated premade. Heals hitting for 380-410 is really weak - I don't see an argument there. No reason to be snarky.

Is that the one from Borean Tundra where you kill web and if you're lucky mage comes out and buff you?

Users who are viewing this thread