The new Rogue BiS

im guessing by bis, your saying just by obtainable gear?

cos isnt the arguement of whos is "BIS" - saxxs thralls gift vs sanchez defias full set kinda pointless when people out there have head / leg / shoulder chants that exceed the stats of both?

i'd like to see BIS of GF'd stuff throughout all expansions.. wud be cool if some1 out there had it all ^^o

cos isnt the arguement of whos is "BIS" - saxxs thralls gift vs sanchez defias full set kinda pointless when people out there have head / leg / shoulder chants that exceed the stats of both?

i'd like to see BIS of GF'd stuff throughout all expansions.. wud be cool if some1 out there had it all ^^o
In that case someone with a full set of 60+ satchel gear would be best in slot.

We need to do 2xFangs vs Fang/goblin screwdriver, this would require someone to be willing to do atleast 100 ambushes in both sets on a target. LF volenteers

Full defias is not obtainable anymore.

(Sannchez* :( )

We need to do 2xFangs vs Fang/goblin screwdriver, this would require someone to be willing to do atleast 100 ambushes in both sets on a target. LF volenteers

goblin screwdriver could be quite viable since it scales to 5 agility and a fast offhand is good for more poision procs.

If anyone wants to test I am selling goblin screwdriver xD

Goblin Screwdriver
1.8 Speed
8.33 DPS
+5 agility
10-20 damage

Okay so I am going to do a bit of theorycrafting, I don't know if goblin screwdriver is BiS and I am too afraid to equip mine xD

So we know that deadly poison has a 30% chance to proc as combat, it is also known that Shadowfang has on average a 5% proc chance (1/20 hits)

So in 20 hits with shadowfang on off hand it would take 54 seconds, this would result in 1 shadow bolt and 6 poison procs

In the same 54 seconds goblin screwdriver will get 30 hits, which would result in 9 poison procs

So in theory with goblin screwdriver on offhand you will get on average 50% more poision procs from your offhand weapon. I didn't account miss chance since both off hands have the equal amount of miss chance so the proc ratio wouldn't change. Again, I didn't test this, I am only theorycrafting

Let me know of what you think on Goblin Screwdriver

Goblin Screwdriver
1.8 Speed
8.33 DPS
+5 agility
10-20 damage

Okay so I am going to do a bit of theorycrafting, I don't know if goblin screwdriver is BiS and I am too afraid to equip mine xD

So we know that deadly poison has a 30% chance to proc as combat, it is also known that Shadowfang has on average a 5% proc chance (1/20 hits)

So in 20 hits with shadowfang on off hand it would take 54 seconds, this would result in 1 shadow bolt and 6 poison procs

In the same 54 seconds goblin screwdriver will get 30 hits, which would result in 9 poison procs

So in theory with goblin screwdriver on offhand you will get on average 50% more poision procs from your offhand weapon. I didn't account miss chance since both off hands have the equal amount of miss chance so the proc ratio wouldn't change. Again, I didn't test this, I am only theorycrafting

Let me know of what you think on Goblin Screwdriver
How much does Deadly Poison hit for?

While on this topic, would Curved Dagger - Item - World of Warcraft or Carving Knife - Item - World of Warcraft of agility (3 agi) be viable? sure you lose a small amount of DPS (doesnt really matter too much on off hand) and 2 agi but you gain a fast 1.6 speed off hand. Would this be viable by any chance? Maybe a stupid question but I could see it being worth testing xD

EDIT: at 1.6 speed it would get 10.125 procs in 54 seconds rather than the 9 from goblin screwdriver

EDIT2: They both scale to 6.56 DPS and 3 agility

Last edited by a moderator:
While on this topic, would Curved Dagger - Item - World of Warcraft or Carving Knife - Item - World of Warcraft of agility (3 agi) be viable? sure you lose a small amount of DPS (doesnt really matter too much on off hand) and 2 agi but you gain a fast 1.6 speed off hand. Would this be viable by any chance? Maybe a stupid question but I could see it being worth testing xD

EDIT: at 1.6 speed it would get 10.125 procs in 54 seconds rather than the 9 from goblin screwdriver
Compared to Screwdriver you would gain .67 DPS from poison procs (assuming the 2agi loss isn't enough to make your poison damage go down) and lose .86 MH DPS and .43 OH DPS + the DPS difference of the weapons,
Compared to Shadowfang you would gain 2.34 DPS from poison procs and lose .86 MH DPS, .43 OH DPS, .52 weapon proc DPS + the DPS difference of the weapons.

Compared to Screwdriver you would gain .67 DPS from poison procs (assuming the 2agi loss isn't enough to make your poison damage go down) and lose .86 MH DPS and .43 OH DPS + the DPS difference of the weapons,
Compared to Shadowfang you would gain 2.34 DPS from poison procs and lose .86 MH DPS, .43 OH DPS, .52 weapon proc DPS + the DPS difference of the weapons.

So goblin screwdriver/SF is better xD

Users who are viewing this thread