The new Rogue BiS

You are trying to prove a point here, but the point you are trying to prove is flawed. So I will make a counter-arguement which will hopefully show you why it is flawed. With formula you used, we can apply it to other items like ello's band vs argas ring (so basically 3 agi vs 3 crit)

So here are the numbers:

23.43% crit and 933 ambush with argas ring
24.44% crit and 914 ambush with ellos band

So when we do that math:

(23.44/200) x (933) = 109.30095 for argas
(24.44/200) x (914) = 111.6908 for ellos

So from this demonstration you see that ello's band comes out higher than argas, so does this mean 1 crit > 1 agility? Because according to your math it does (which clearly isn't the case), so why aren't rogues goings around with crit enchants and crit gear? Clearly something is wrong

Please let's not mix up average damage with burst damage. Rogues are all about burst, and agility gives us that burst. If rogues wanted the highest possible DPS everyone would be rolling with haste because that has the highest average DPS.

P.S. I am not saying Saxx's gear isn't BiS, it could very well be that. All I am saying is agility vs crit is a much more complicated issue and we shouldn't just jump to conclusions when discussing 11 crit vs 3 agility from defias vs gloom.

EDIT: It is also important to note how devalued crit has become this expansion. The best way to show this would be with an example.

Pre-WoD 7 agility became 9.1 agility with the 30% agility boost passive rogues got, this would be 1.3 DPS increase. Pre-WoD 7 crit was 2.36% crit chance which would double your damage.

Now in WoD, 7 agility becomes 10.5 agility with the 50% AP boost rogues get, this would be 3.0 DPS. While crit chance stayed the same, 7 crit is still 2.36% crit but now it only does 50% more damage rather than double. So while agility now gives 2.3x more DPS than before, crit gives half the damage. So crit the agility ratio from pre-WoD to now is agility is 4.6x more valueable than before. Please correct me if I am wrong :)
I'm not quite sure if you understand what the formula you are using does and I have no idea why you and Fancy are using it. (crit%/200) * damage gives you the average damage you gain from your crit chance. It completely ignores base damage.

Argas: 933 * (1 + 23.44/200) = 1042.35
Ello's: 914 * (1 + 24.44/200) = 1025.69

Difference is 18 or 22% crit chance. 18% can't be counted as never as it's not far away from 22%.

I'm not quite sure if you understand what the formula you are using does and I have no idea why you and Fancy are using it. (crit%/200) * damage gives you the average damage you gain from your crit chance. It completely ignores base damage.

Argas: 933 * (1 + 23.44/200) = 1042.35
Ello's: 914 * (1 + 24.44/200) = 1025.69

I understand that this formula ignores base damage, I may have calculated the formula wrong but I feel my point still stands as to how valueable agility is from my edit.

Yeah sorry I noticed my mistake last night, Defias set does 1 more effective damage then Saxxons set, but this doesnt factor in eleforce procs or his thralls bracers. Saxxon has the bis rogue set.

For the record its 1089.724- defias vs 1088.13- saxxons set (without thralls). But if we consider elemental force the crit from saxxons set makes it bis.

Yeah, I did it when I was trying goblin to get some gear for my feral, but could not get goblin to work, two completely fresh goblins can't even summon eachother.

pretty sure you can only complete quests in goblin/worgen zone playing a class the races can play!

It's not bonus armor... It's a +10 armor set bonus.

The +10 armor unfortunately doesn't work unless you are a druid bear, BM monk, prot warr, prot pala. But if you get the 3 set, (Blackened Defias Legs, boots and belt) you get +5 arcane resist which does work. It is quite useful when you resist poly's or boomy's Starfires

Has anyone tested using crit enchants over versatility? I'd like to see the numbers. I'm stacking higher crit and finding that my average damage is much higher than having a super high AP with lower crit.

Which to me this super high AP set with low crit can be insanely bursty, but if I'm looking for the most successful damage on an opener it would be crit over pure ap stacking and I'm curious as to how swapping out versatility for crit would be

I have a full crit set on my rogue. Unbuffed im at 51% or buffed 53% but i have found more damage overall when versa/AP set

lmao this is the most perfectionist thread in the history of TI

Users who are viewing this thread