The Chat Thread

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard as I did when reading that.
guess who is back?!
Sacred Shield Protects the target with a shield of Holy Light for 30 sec. The shield absorbs up to [ 343 + 117% of Holy Spell Power ] damage every 6 sec. Can be active only on one target at a time. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 6 sec cooldown.
MWHAHAHA :D

Last edited by a moderator:
With the big nerfs to everything, what are the two best professions for level 80 soloers now? Alchemy and blacksmithing? Alchemy and engineering?

Speaking as a paladin and DK of course. I'm tempted to pick engineering simply because of the added utility and goggle transmog....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ofcourse i had to join this arathi basin with all of these twinks in.. when the game was HALF WAY. /Boring

With the big nerfs to everything, what are the two best professions for level 80 soloers now? Alchemy and blacksmithing? Alchemy and engineering?

Speaking as a paladin and DK of course. I'm tempted to pick engineering simply because of the added utility and goggle transmog....

99% sure it'll be either BS + alchemy or JWC + alchemy. That said, I cba to change since it's expensive and barely worth it.

More vengeance nerfs incoming.

5.4 PTR

Vengeance has received several changes.
- Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%).
- Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before).
- There are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.

5.4 PTR

- Sacred Shield healing and SP scaling reduced by 30%.

Paladins take another hit.

So we have all enchants "nerfed", vengeance nerfed four ways, SoI nerfed, and now SS is being nerfed big time. Did I miss any?

5.4 PTR

- Sacred Shield healing and SP scaling reduced by 30%.

Paladins take another hit.

So we have all enchants "nerfed", vengeance nerfed four ways, SoI nerfed, and now SS is being nerfed big time. Did I miss any?

SoI nerf isn't going to hit us much, it's only mana. at 85, SS is not a huge deal like it is at 80 (haste availability), and EF is likely to be fairly decent too. As for vengeance, since it only affects the soloing which involves pulling huge mobs, why is it really a problem? Almost all the bosses that are possible now will probably be possible in a different way post 5.4 anyway, sans marrowgar 25HC.

The nerfs were due, even if they weren't intended to hit our brackets as hard as they likely will.

Combustion Instantly deals 1,040 Fire damage and stuns the target for 3 sec. If the target is currently affected by your Ignite, it also burns the target for additional damage equal to 20% of the damage per tick of the Ignite every 1 sec for 10 sec. When cast, resets the cooldown of your Inferno Blast ability. Mage - Fire Spec. 10% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.
fuck you 5.4?! :{{{

Combustion Instantly deals 1,040 Fire damage and stuns the target for 3 sec. If the target is currently affected by your Ignite, it also burns the target for additional damage equal to 20% of the damage per tick of the Ignite every 1 sec for 10 sec. When cast, resets the cooldown of your Inferno Blast ability. Mage - Fire Spec. 10% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.
fuck you 5.4?! :{{{
Meh, so Combustion will no longer be our God mode dps activate button. might even bring fire mages back down to more reasonable and normal levels.

Shame the damage has already been done and there isn't much 80 PvE content to go back and do.

Check PTR, pre-nerf I managed 99k~ dps on the 80 dummy. Only had recount on though. So maybe 60 - 75k dps now? Still high compared to my new chosen 80 dps (Ele Shammy) but a hell of a lot better than 250 - 900k dps.

No live servers, so I fucked about on the PTR this morning.

Tested out frost at 80, it's OK....

80 Frost Mage PTR DPS test - YouTube

Description repeated: My first real test of the "new" frost mage spec on the 5.4 PTR. Can't say it's a terrible spec. Just a bit boring, even more so than it is on live. The icicles were a nice balancing tool that Blizzard implemented. Without it I'm sure frosts burst would have continued to get out of hand in PvP.

There's one thing I'm afraid this mastery will do in PvP though, it'll make frost mages turn into pillar humpers... Pop out, Living Bomb up, go behind pillar, wait for FFB proc, use FFB, back behind pillar. Repeat to 5 icicles, run out, nova, deep, CD's unload icicles. Win. Not as simple at 90 of course but it'll be a pretty valid tactic for a 80 frost mage stacking mastery.

74.47% mastery I managed on the PTR, so completely possible to hit over 100k with just icicles at 80.

I'm not sure what nerfs made it to live but I tried Onyxia 25 today on my level 80 paladin and my survivability felt noticeably worse. I didn't bother putting up with the trash so I switched it to 10 and noticed that I was going OOM at points thanks to AS costing twice as much now. I lost a huge chunk of health, 12% parry, and probably a lot more I didn't notice. Btw Windsong gives 150 rating at 80. What's better now?

Users who are viewing this thread