The Chat Thread

Aelobin

DK Twink (80 / 85 / 101)
You can use this thread as a place to post and discuss anything that doesn't really need a thread of its own, including general chit-chat (within reason).

Here's some recently announced Disc changes for the priests among us:
- Power Infusion - in addition to current effects, also increases all damage by 10%.

1) Divine Aegis now works differently. It causes any critical heal to proc a bubble for 100% of the heal instead of doubling the heal. In other words, a crit for Holy is a 200% heal. A crit for Disc is a 100% heal + a 100% bubble. The bubble however benefits from mastery, so it's more likely a 100% heal + a 130% bubble.
2) Power Word: Shield can now crit for Discipline.
3) Mastery now boosts shields by 1.6% per point (down from 2.5% per point) but now also increases all healing by 0.8% per point.

I like shiny things.

11 people in the LFR queue for Fall of Deathwing atm, on EU horde xD Highly doubt it'll pop since we're missing all 6 healers.

Edit: Peaked at 14 people in the queue, gogo we can do this!

Edit2: Closest we've gotten so far is needing 3 healers + 2 dps. Reply here with your BattleTag if you want to come as it doesn't always put us in the same queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone's like me and is waiting for 5.2 to level Blacksmithing on an 85, be warned it might not be as cheap as you might think...

Assuming my shiny numbers are correct, you should need 4412 Ghost Iron Bars to go from 1 - 500.

And a further 267 bars to go from 500 - 600 according to WoW Blacksmithing Guide 1-600 | Blacksmithing Leveling Guide.

4679 Bars x 2.25g (cheapest price on The Maelstrom at time of posting) = 10527.75g

And just remember with the patch there might be higher demand for Ghost Iron and the price might rise by quite a bit.

So potentially it might be worth just levelling with normal mats.

If anyone's like me and is waiting for 5.2 to level Blacksmithing on an 85, be warned it might not be as cheap as you might think...

Assuming my shiny numbers are correct, you should need 4412 Ghost Iron Bars to go from 1 - 500.

And a further 267 bars to go from 500 - 600 according to WoW Blacksmithing Guide 1-600 | Blacksmithing Leveling Guide.

4679 Bars x 2.25g (cheapest price on The Maelstrom at time of posting) = 10527.75g

And just remember with the patch there might be higher demand for Ghost Iron and the price might rise by quite a bit.

So potentially it might be worth just levelling with normal mats.
Im waiting , but i wont lvl up whole bs on this "ghost iron BS"
for me it easy pass few steps in bs because when you lvl up regular bs there somepoint when reg cost extremly high / or even too many random regs which im lazy to farm or buy :]

New patch notes up:

Area Damage Cap: The area damage cap is now 20 targets (was 10). This means area of effect damage spells now reach their maximum damage when striking 20 targets. If more than 20 targets are struck, then the total damage done is spread evenly over the actual number of targets present.

I finally managed to get on the PTR and compare some numbers on my disc priest... I'm not sure I entirely like it, but I believe it might actually be a buff assuming RNG isn't a cunt.

Mastery on Live = 120.37% increased absorption.
Mastery on PTR = 77.04% increased absorption and increases all healing by 38%

Live
33 - 35k Flash Heals with only Grace up.
66 - 71k Crit Flash Heals with only Grace up.
Divine Aegis = 21928.
Power Word Shield = 66642.

PTR
44 - 49k Flash Heals with only Grace up.
46 - 48k Crit Flash Heals with only Grace up.
Divine Aegis = 32892.
Power Word Shield = 53539.
Power Word Shield Crit = 107078.

To be completely honest, the only thing I don't like the look of, is the new crit healing taking all my extra healing and still capping it at max health. It's a bit of a cunt for us twinks because we lose that healing.

Another quick thing that I just noticed on the PTR, dunno if it's just the PTR being a buggy bastard like it always is... But on my druid in full resilience gear I only have 76.67% reduced damage at 1811 resilience, on live I'm at 75.92% @ 1349 resilience. I really hope they didn't modify the DR on resilience to fix 70's and 80's a bit...

Changed my gear on the PTR to same as it is on live, 72.36% resilience on PTR... I'm scared. :(

78.59% @ 2076 resilience. =.=

Users who are viewing this thread