Talents Preview Discussion [w/ Calaculator Link]

People looking at hunter in a vacuum are going to be scared but looking at hunter relative to other classes (so far) and I'm sorry but we're gonna have a lot of "oh but I've always been a hunter main" players suddenly deciding that they want to "try out a different class because Im bored".

There are going to be a lot of rogue players looking for revenge in DF and I think theyre going to get it.

we're gonna have a lot of "oh but I've always been a hunter main" players suddenly deciding that they want to "try out a different class because Im bored"

Yes lol.

Rogue looking very nice actually I am glad I have 3 of them ready to go. Priest is also looking very nice like I am going to continue maining it nice. I wanna play a shadow support build that goes into pom and renew, just run around dotting ppl and supporting my team with offheals while getting mana back with fist of stone/pop.

I am kinda hyped for the next xpac now lol.

i fkin hope rogue spells scale like shit. Because theres nothing more boring than a rogue meta.

i agree, i really hope rogues will have mediocre dmg, i’d be very sad to not be able to play my rogue because it’s fotm.

Survival loses serpent sting which is awful for the spec.
i may stop playing serpent sting is my favorite move
[doublepost=1657377221,1657377175][/doublepost]although i think you guys are wrong serpent sting always been baseline for sur. not a talent

i may stop playing serpent sting is my favorite move
[doublepost=1657377221,1657377175][/doublepost]although i think you guys are wrong serpent sting always been baseline for sur. not a talent
Indeed mate if it's no longer a range/melee hybrid I won't even touch it...

One can look at the talent trees and see that serpent sting is gone for every spec of hunter. Its a talent in the class tree that req at least level 50 to acquire.
ye but it might be like that because its a talent for other specs. surv might get it baseline still / i hope so.

Good to hear that there might be less survival hunters. They are by far the scariest. Like I have to pop every CD in the game just to maybe survive their 20 second harpoon CD.

People looking at hunter in a vacuum are going to be scared but looking at hunter relative to other classes (so far) and I'm sorry but we're gonna have a lot of "oh but I've always been a hunter main" players suddenly deciding that they want to "try out a different class because Im bored".

There are going to be a lot of rogue players looking for revenge in DF and I think theyre going to get it.

Rogues haven't really been relevant for quite a few expacs now, my prediction, even with rogues getting their full kit, their damage tuning won't make them meta, hunters will still smash them. Plus, we only have 5/12 of the talent trees available so, its probably too soon to say anyways

Good to hear that there might be less survival hunters. They are by far the scariest. Like I have to pop every CD in the game just to maybe survive their 20 second harpoon CD.

ftfy

Rogues haven't really been relevant for quite a few expacs now, my prediction, even with rogues getting their full kit, their damage tuning won't make them meta, hunters will still smash them.
I’m not saying 1v1 but rather the ease with which a rogue will be able to set up hunters to die in bgs.

its currently not very difficult for me, a very bad rogue player, to put hunters in a position that my teammates can kill them. I imagine better rogues do it without thinking too hard about it.

Give me blind and gouge on top of that?

Yes aimed shot into kill shot is gonna be deadly . But there’s now a stealth class with two stuns, an incap and a disorient. That’s also going to be impossible to kite.

Yall worried about the wrong class.

Reactions: Sil
I’m not saying 1v1 but rather the ease with which a rogue will be able to set up hunters to die in bgs.
you assume my average teammate is competent enough to hold the W button, let alone target a stunned huntard. #allianceproblems

Pug BGs builds are just poop out damage. I'm not really that interested in those, although yes - you would want unfurling over silence in Pugs, probably.

But for Wargame 10v10s, wargame arenas, or even skirmishes, there are a lot of very interesting build paths to choose from.

Everyone here plays pugs mainly, I get that. The talents look pretty amazing across the board no matter your choice of pvp, though.

We also don't know that hunters maintain all of their current utility - it's possible, even likely - but not certain.

Reactions: Sil
Pug BGs builds are just poop out damage. I'm not really that interested in those, although yes - you would want unfurling over silence in Pugs, probably.

But for Wargame 10v10s, wargame arenas, or even skirmishes, there are a lot of very interesting build paths to choose from.

Everyone here plays pugs mainly, I get that. The talents look pretty amazing across the board no matter your choice of pvp, though.

We also don't know that hunters maintain all of their current utility - it's possible, even likely - but not certain.
For a niche arena build where youre relying on another team member to do all of the heavy lifting sure you can play silence. But no way youre using it anywhere else.

Reducing your damage by like 60% for a 45 sec cd 4 sec silence isnt gonna be the play for pugs or wargames.

Considering how high up Natural mending is in the tree they probably keep Exhileration.
Feign Death and Turtle remains to be seen. Hi-explosive Trap, Bursting Shot and Scatter Shot will all be lost, so thats nice.

And Barrage is very far down, so gonna need a new pull class for farming.

Last edited:
For a niche arena build where youre relying on another team member to do all of the heavy lifting sure you can play silence. But no way youre using it anywhere else.

Reducing your damage by like 60% for a 45 sec cd 4 sec silence isnt gonna be the play for pugs or wargames.

Considering how high up Natural mending is in the tree they probably keep Exhileration.
Feign Death and Turtle remains to be seen. Hi-explosive Trap, Bursting Shot and Scatter Shot will all be lost, so thats nice.

And Barrage is very far down, so gonna need a new pull class for farming.

Freezing Trap is the big one I'm looking at. I'm assuming they keep that - we can only hope they lose turtle, tbh.

Shadow does fine damage with VT/DP/SWP - and it gets Power Infusion on top of that. Misery seems unnecessary in Arena, but losing Unfurling would hurt. I think I would give up Unfurling for Silence in 3's - not sure about 2's. Maybe in double dps w/ rogue you would still want silence.

Freezing Trap is the big one I'm looking at. I'm assuming they keep that - we can only hope they lose turtle, tbh.

Shadow does fine damage with VT/DP/SWP - and it gets Power Infusion on top of that. Misery seems unnecessary in Arena, but losing Unfurling would hurt. I think I would give up Unfurling for Silence in 3's - not sure about 2's. Maybe in double dps w/ rogue you would still want silence.
So youd go DP over Mind Bomb or reduced fear cd? Ye, Power Infusion is a big get, but it also restricts your comp as youre gonna want another class that gets alot from that haste since its pretty useless on the class youve just stripped of all its dmg. Having 2 schools of casting is gonna be big though.

Users who are viewing this thread