Super Prot damage

You know what? After playing a few BGs I can agree that Prot warriors aren't OP. They die easily and I can overcome the damage.

For people saying Blizzard isn't gonna nerf Shield slam because they don't listen to f2ps,they're wrong.SS isn't only "OP" in the 19 and f2p brackets,In other brackets SS one shots people and many people are complaining.So enjoy it while you can! check the other brackets if you dont believe me.

Thought you guys might be interested in some actual data. I installed Recount as per Lil's suggestion, and gathered statistics over the course of several games. For most, but not all, of these fights, I kept Elixir of Giant Growth up (+8 STR) and still the numbers were as follows:

130 total shield slams
13 crits (10%) (this seems consistent with my 11% crit rating)

Hits: avg 491.5 (low 243, high 659)
Crits: avg 954 (low 530, high 1202)

I remember the 1202 crit, it was against a warlock. Still did not OHK them though. I have yet to OHK anyone.

Additionally, it's worth noting that this one ability (on a 6 second cooldown) counted for fully 75-80% of my total damage output during these same BGs. No other utility, either, to offset the utter reliance on this one ability, which as you can see does not hit as hard as people claim, and does NOT turn a warrior into a one-shotting juggernaut.

Edit: You can click on my sig pic for my base stats.

I didn't buff, but my recounts showed nearly the same story in terms of crit % and #s . Didn't check %SS/all dmg though, so I can't confirm that.

I've OHK'd once, maybe twice, since 5.2. Both on under geared clothies, so I don't think we should count em. There's no doubt SS hits hard, but it's not a OHK spell. I definitely FEEL like I'm OHK'ing ppl, but it's often the result of a teammate casting something to finish the opponent off.

It's only in the past few days that I've found I'm getting better with Execute. In these recent instances, I can 2HK. But it's still uncommon for me (like I said in previous comment, I'm new at War). The number of just-in-time and just-good-enough heals to put people back over the Execute line is surprising. More times than not I see execute light up, only to find it unlight before the GCD. That, or I've noobishly dumped my rage on my focus and can't Execute :p

For people saying Blizzard isn't gonna nerf Shield slam because they don't listen to f2ps,they're wrong.SS isn't only "OP" in the 19 and f2p brackets,In other brackets SS one shots people and many people are complaining.So enjoy it while you can! check the other brackets if you dont believe me.

The bracket that matters the most is endgame. Unless it's a huge scaling issue a la HolyShock hitting for 1.2k when MoP went live, they won't alter it unless it's also an endgame problem. SS isn't anywhere near as screwed up as that was.

The only thing I've had to worry about is multiple prots rolling together, chainslamming.

The bracket that matters the most is endgame. Unless it's a huge scaling issue a la HolyShock hitting for 1.2k when MoP went live, they won't alter it unless it's also an endgame problem. SS isn't anywhere near as screwed up as that was.

The only thing I've had to worry about is multiple prots rolling together, chainslamming.

Don't forget (like prot paladins do with HoJ) they chain-charge with warbringer so they instantly dr and break you out of it (I had that happen from so many paladins).

This is just as hilarious as prot paladins that pop SoL and DS the very moment they pick up the flag was (sadly). And I actually had it happen, that 2 prot paladins did that, they made it almost out to ramp, but then the 2nd paly bubbled and i had to return :/

Don't forget (like prot paladins do with HoJ) they chain-charge with warbringer so they instantly dr and break you out of it (I had that happen from so many paladins).

This is just as hilarious as prot paladins that pop SoL and DS the very moment they pick up the flag was (sadly). And I actually had it happen, that 2 prot paladins did that, they made it almost out to ramp, but then the 2nd paly bubbled and i had to return :/

i'm very sorry, but WTF is SoL? and how does one pop it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• facepalmcarademanohumor.jpg
    facepalmcarademanohumor.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 179

Attachments

• 36258657.jpg
    36258657.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 170
When I'm getting hit with from full HP with SS and then killed by execute before I can even attempt to get a heal off, it's broken. Sorry warriors but you are crazy if you think that's balanced. And my Shaman had like 1900 HP.

On F2P SS will probably crit you 1.2K if u are enh like i think, so even like that isnt SS>excute.
They dont have any other high dmg ability so u should manage to get an heal in those 6sec.
Vs 24warrior u will probably die. :)

On F2P SS will probably crit you 1.2K if u are enh like i think, so even like that isnt SS>excute.
They dont have any other high dmg ability so u should manage to get an heal in those 6sec.
Vs 24warrior u will probably die. :)

Yup, you need to specify who is reportedly hitting you for so much so we can Armory them. Your scenario would require a shield slam crit of greater than 1520 (1900 x .80).

Edit: Screenshot of your "What happened to me?" would be great.

the highest i've been hit by SS is 1400 on a clothie. if that takes you into execute range then you would probably die to any class.

the highest i've been hit by SS is 1400 on a clothie. if that takes you into execute range then you would probably die to any class.

Warriors can't kill good priests, mages and they can beat warlocks easily so cloth has nothing to complain about. Hell it makes sense for warriors to kill warlocks because a warrior's rage sometimes overcomes the warlock's magic.

Users who are viewing this thread