SL Guide and FAQs

I don't have anything against Hunters. I think they have historically been extremely powerful, but I'm not explaining why I think they won't be overpowering because I "hate" them. I'm just explaining my reasoning as to why this expansion looks pretty good so far - for hunters, for other DPS, healers, etc.

I'm also assuming that Azerite gear won't be obtainable on the expansion's release... or if it is, it won't scale to ilvl 78 or whatever ridiculous number it is right now.

Old and I haven't grinded Azerite gear on the PTR as of now, because the quest chain to do so looks pretty long - especially considering the expansion drops in a week or two.

We've been testing in ilvl 44 gear and fully upgraded artifact weapons (Legion dungeon loot, basically). It's also possible that this gear gets scaled down on live. If so, things are pretty much going to remain the same just with smaller numbers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tier list right now (in no particular order, and for Arena type pvp, but only a few things change for BGs):

Tier 1 --- Arcane, Arms, Paladin (pick your poison), RDruid, [BGs: Guardian FC]

Tier 2 --- Monk (spec tbd), DK (blood), DH (spec tbd), Warlock (Destro), Priest (Holy), Shaman (Resto), Hunter (Marks)

Tier 3 --- Rogues, off-specs

Is fury gimped? Or is it competitive with arms?

You can't dual wield 2H weapons, which somewhat defeats the point of the spec.

Otherwise, the main difference is the ability to enrage briefly when you critical strike with Bloodthirst as Fury (increases your damage, scaling with mastery), while Arms gets Mortal Strike.

Arms's mastery also increases the damage you deal to that target. Mortal Strike is an actual hard-hitting ability, and Arms is the only source of Mortal Wounds in the bracket.

So yeah, Fury feels a bit gimped.

so far, vets can. yes. And I think F2P might be able to?
Yes, they can. F2P, make sure you get your HoA first if you want access to the traits. You cannot get the traits if you get the azerite gear first then obtain your heart. If you want to have access to traits(and not be weaker in comparison), get the HoA first then get the questline azerite gear!

I disagree with Arms being tier 1, they are gonna get kited a ton and they have no healing.

When is prepatch day?
9/15
9/22
One of those most likely.

I feel like the 29th is way more likely than the 15th tbh

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317888...patch-date-how-long-did-each-wow-pre-patch-an

"Originally, many players thought that the pre-patch would hit on September 22nd, following the final Afterlives: Revendreth cinematic premiering the Thursday before. However, Blizzard always gives at least two-week notice for the end of rated PvP seasons, and we haven't received any such notice yet. So the pre-patch launch could be September 29th at the earliest instead then. This would be similar to most other pre-patches like BFA and MoP."

I am a god in predicting stuff, first it was the level 20 cap, and now the prepatch date, you guys should really start listening to me...

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317888...patch-date-how-long-did-each-wow-pre-patch-an

"Originally, many players thought that the pre-patch would hit on September 22nd, following the final Afterlives: Revendreth cinematic premiering the Thursday before. However, Blizzard always gives at least two-week notice for the end of rated PvP seasons, and we haven't received any such notice yet. So the pre-patch launch could be September 29th at the earliest instead then. This would be similar to most other pre-patches like BFA and MoP."

I am a god in predicting stuff, first it was the level 20 cap, and now the prepatch date, you guys should really start listening to me...

Wait, the level cap has been confirmed?
[doublepost=1600088052,1600070359][/doublepost]For those wondering how strong 10s will be in dungeons:

Did freehold on a fresh shaman with the gear for Ge''ras

Wait, the level cap has been confirmed?
[doublepost=1600088052,1600070359][/doublepost]For those wondering how strong 10s will be in dungeons:

Did freehold on a fresh shaman with the gear for Ge''ras
In before f2p mythic+ invitational
218_copy.jpg

Yes, they can. F2P, make sure you get your HoA first if you want access to the traits. You cannot get the traits if you get the azerite gear first then obtain your heart. If you want to have access to traits(and not be weaker in comparison), get the HoA first then get the questline azerite gear!

I disagree with Arms being tier 1, they are gonna get kited a ton and they have no healing.

I think Arms is Tier 1 assuming they have healers with them. So semi-premade, wargame, and arena environments.

They appear to have just about the highest physical damage output of any class - and come with one of the only slow effects at level 10 and the only grievous wounds effect.

They're definitely a powerhouse, but they do require enablers. That being said, I think they're strong enough to justify placement in a tier that includes Arcane / Rdruid / Paladin.

We both know you are a believer, and honestly, I am right. It will be 20.

What's your logic behind it *necessarily* being level 20? I'd love to hear it.

Lol dear god we can hope that azerite gear doesn't appear on live in its current form...
Thats definitely a perfect storm of double crusader, ilvl 49 artifact, fully ramped up trinkets and racial. But yea, bigbaddaboom.

It normally crits in the 1500 range, which is still pretty big on 4k health pools.

Thats kinda the idea. It'll be an interesting playstyle come SL now that it has a little CC and a defensive CD. Way more fun and dynamic than it currently is... which is still very fun.

If Arms ends up being good I might roll a warrior in SL, it is one of the classes that I want to play a lot but on the other hand do not want to go with a too weak spec. This definitely does not seem weak though

Users who are viewing this thread