Should something like this be allowed in the Twink Cup/PuG's?

Should something like this be allowed in the Twink Cup/PuG's?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean its not that bad i know way worse things and atleast he is not doing them i can get to many spots where even range cant attack me but of course i would never do them in a pug or premade. honestly if everyone hates you for doing it just don't do it you can use more skillful jumps and fancy footwork to juke out melee.

This whole argument of "it is east to get up there" is getting old fast, you say it is easy to get up there, ya, but what about for these newcomers to the 19 bracket that I can barely rely on to return a flag when the fc is on roof, let alone a jump like that, the truth is, about 25-35% of the bracket knows how to do simple ToT and fence jumps, something like this, that you rarely ever see, isn't going to be something that people will or even will want to learn. I'm not arguing that it isn't easy. But I'm merely arguing that people should be above stuff like this, and realize that they are part of that small fraction of players in this bracket that can do jumps, which is ok, if it involved getting somewhere that is originally accessible without doing a jump, but something like this, there is only one way up, learn the jump and try not to be rooted/slowed/sapped on your way to the efc.

This is an exploitation of a "jump" on the horde ramp to roof that takes you out of harms way from melee. Period. I am aware of other glitches and exploited spots in wsg, but that is irrelevant to the matter at hand.

So, this particular jump, which newcomers may not be familiar with, is bad. The tunnel/fence jumps, which a newcomer ALSO may not be familiar with, are OK. Interesting.

I'll take "19's Hyprocrisy Lives On" for 200, Alex.

Jumps are part of 19s, Been that way for a while. That being said, don't expect anyone outside of the community to take this tournament seriously if someone wins by using a terrain exploit.

Well, i dont plan on using it in premades, but i will use it for pugs if i deem so, you dont like it? too bad.
You realize how you come off, in-game, when you do this, right? It's like a kid that doesn't like losing, so he takes his ball and goes home. It's a public temper tantrum and it's embarrassing to watch, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its like you guys forget what premading in Wotlk was. Fresh, I premaded WITH you so i know you dont. EVERY class needed to knw how to do jumps, if you didnt, you couldnt match up against any decent guild (BLR, GUP, or even PUGS) Im talking EVERY JUMP. If FC's still had full movespeed for more than 5 minutes you would see shit like this much more often, but the game has been so dumbed down that the majority of people dont know how to do jumps. I would honestly say this is good for the bracket because its raises the skillcap to somewhere similar to where it was before. When these streamers came to 19s, i was like "oh shit cant wait till i see some FC dick on them" but then i realized nobody does jumps except for GY shit, and they will never see the things that separate the god-tier twinks from these god-tier arena players.

I hate the fact that people can just jump into 19s and be considered the best. bitch, learn the jumps before u come in here with your dick swingin
painaid wru

I saw you and your team play in those practice 10v10s. There's a lot more than just wall exploits separating you and many others from "god-tier", so don't try to pull that card. You guys were good in wrath. Get over yourselves. I actually agree that the game has gotten dumbed down, but all you " returning vets" seem so lost in modern day WoW, it's somewhat fascinating seeing the transition in real time. The times are constantly changing, get with it.

You realize how you come off, in-game, when you do this, right? It's like a kid that doesn't like losing, so he takes his ball and goes home. It's a public temper tantrum and it's embarrassing to watch, really.

bruhhhhh iiiii donnnttttt caaare, i'll take my ball home with me any day.

A terrain exploit does not sound like it promotes team synergy in the twink cup.

Not everyone knows how to do that silly jump and most people don't care.

It Is a scum way to try to win an already lost game.

If you terrain exploit attempting to win games there is no skill involved. You are basicly hiding .

#no respect

[MENTION=25448]Scope[/MENTION]

The fascinating thing about the fact that most of us queue 5 mans on Horde is that it's pretty easy to AFK someone out of a game :)

[MENTION=25448]Scope[/MENTION]

The fascinating thing about the fact that most of us queue 5 mans on Horde is that it's pretty easy to AFK someone out of a game :)

5 man farming premade into PuGs. Ah yes, the competitive bracket. I forgot. Call it what you like.

Back to topic...
Just because you have not taken the time to learn a jump and someone has does not mean that jump is unfair or that person is more "skilled". It just indicates they took more time out to learn that area of the game than you. It does not make them better or you worse.
It takes 30-60 min to make a lvl 10 toon now. With a lvl 10 you gain access to WSG. I suggest taking that lvl 10 and learning the jumps for those of you that do not know them. There are video tutorials here on TI and on the good old interwebs.

/cheers

I think what I gained from this is that people would rather complain that they can't do something instead of actually taking the time to go practice, isn't that the whole point of this twink cup thing, to practice with your team?

I would consider this jump to be incredibly minor compared to the base climbing stunts of vanilla-wotlk.

No ,what we learned is that people, as always, are all willing to be go along with things as long as it benefits you and the second it doesn't they join the crowd of pissants. Nothing is new here. When Enti's first game out everyone whined and cried, then it became easy to get and everyone just wined and dined. Nothing new here folks.

Conversations are getting heated again, you guys didn't heed my warnings. Your opinions of what's right and what's wrong don't actually matter all that much, when the only thing that does matter is what Myrm and the organizers think.

I think many of you are getting your arguments conflated, between what is "right" or "an exploit", and the more pertinent question of what should be allowed in a competitive tournament with a huge cash payout. The only thing that matters is what Myrm thinks, and I am rapidly approaching the point where I think all relevant opinions on this topic have already been stated for Myrm to consider. Unless someone has something new to say, to Myrm himself, I think this thread has served as much purpose as it's going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread