Shaman 39 Build Around PoD ?

Well at least you guys are practically done with a hunter / rogue set now. Could be worse.

I was gonna make a shaman as my first one, but I snaked a bushmaster last night so hunter it is.

I mentioned it before. Someone claimed the weapon skill+ has no perks in PVP. Im not sure though

weapon skills are maxed in instanced pvp (maybe wpvp as well? not sure).

unsure if +skills does anything in pvp, tbh

The +skill would probably help hit higher level targets.

Also, I thought 1 agi added 1 AP for shamans, but maybe that's in a later expansion, when they added a talent for int to give ap as well.

Also, I thought 1 agi added 1 AP for shamans, but maybe that's in a later expansion, when they added a talent for int to give ap as well.
I've been slamming down grace of air; it doesn't give my shaman any attack power. I'm restoration, but I don't think that changes anything.

I'd go back to the drawing board for everything. Everyone has their own preconception on how mechanics work, and most people are idiots. If you can't confirm it in game, I wouldn't believe it until someone shows actual proof.

I've been slamming down grace of air; it doesn't give my shaman any attack power. I'm restoration, but I don't think that changes anything.

I'd go back to the drawing board for everything. Everyone has their own preconception on how mechanics work, and most people are idiots. If you can't confirm it in game, I wouldn't believe it until someone shows actual proof.

"Effects Against Players (PvP)
Weapon skills are maxed in PvP combat, so leveling a weapon skill for PvP is relatively unimportant. When attacking an enemy player, your weapon skill will always be considered to be your level times 5 (X*5), and your target's Defense will always be treated as their level times 5 (X*5) before any Defense rating from your target's gear is taken into account.

While weapon skill does not affect your chance to hit enemy players in battlegrounds, it still affects your hit chance against enemy players in world PvP or duels."

from: https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/classic-wow-weapon-skills

article written by a by a former GM (take their word at your own discretion, obv)

"Effects Against Players (PvP)
Weapon skills are maxed in PvP combat, so leveling a weapon skill for PvP is relatively unimportant. When attacking an enemy player, your weapon skill will always be considered to be your level times 5 (X*5), and your target's Defense will always be treated as their level times 5 (X*5) before any Defense rating from your target's gear is taken into account.

While weapon skill does not affect your chance to hit enemy players in battlegrounds, it still affects your hit chance against enemy players in world PvP or duels."

from: https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/classic-wow-weapon-skills

article written by a by a former GM (take their word at your own discretion, obv)
My bad if it seemed like I was calling anyone out. Good pick up though. There is a lot of bad info floating around.

kek, no one seen my post earlier, where I mention that all the +7 will do is increase chance / lesser chance for your opponent to dodge or parry. Agree though lots of misconceptions.

This still translates to essentially the same thing as hit rating in BGs if true that it reduces enemy avoidance.

Last edited:
It would make sense that the +7 is active in BG, "maxed out" skills would only raise everything to max level (of course).

No reason additional skill (i.e. racial or the like) wouldnt allow you to go over that just like it does outside.

edit- I think you just don't have to absolutely max everything just in order to participate, would be the objective.

Agility contributes to not just your critical strike & dodge chance as enhancement, but also attack power. Just tested this out by simply equipping a variety of different items and watching all of my tooltips (including attack power) change.

Agility it up boys

Agility contributes to not just your critical strike & dodge chance as enhancement, but also attack power. Just tested this out by simply equipping a variety of different items and watching all of my tooltips (including attack power) change.

Agility it up boys
What gear pieces are you using?

https://i.imgur.com/Qg9FTQR.gifv - me dropping r1 grace of air (49 agil)

I changed my mind it doesn't contribute to your attack power

shaman:
1 agi = 0.05%crit
1 agi = 0.05% dodge
2 str = 2ap

the gear that was posted on page 1...
unechanted:
that gear will give you 272AP when you can do 356AP and only lose 3%crit
~12.%crit 356AP > ~15.%crit 272AP

You need more strength and raw AP gear
I'm not saying Agility is bad - but gearing a shaman like hunter/rogue is a rookie mistake.

+wep-skill only works against pets/mobs/bosses in pvp/pve/world.
when v.s players weapon skill will max out for your level, so if you equip +7 to axes it won't matter v.s another player.

Last edited:
Do you have proof of that weapon skill theory? Because no one who's made that claim has stuck to it or provided any evidence. Meanwhile multiple veterans on this site have contradictory views, so you're going to need to bring receipts on this one.

Agi became enha main stat in wotlk or cata.

became main stat in wotlk but cata took it even further with a 2 to 1 agil to AP ratio

in vanilla yo go for str/agil for glass(shit like white bandit mask, whatever)

enh is shit rng brainlet spec anyway thats only good for killing lvl 30 levelers and its only saving grace at 39 is PoD's retarded base damage(seriously fuck that weapon i think i ranted like 10 times about this).

weapon skill gives crit and hit but only the "native" skill one like dwarf gun or orc axe skill. 0.2 of each respectively. idk about +7 axes or whatever tho you would want to stack mainstat anyway for the most optimal results

Users who are viewing this thread