Shadowlands Pre-Patch Check List

Spires seems to be lootable even though mobs are "??" or skull level

had my high level killing them and i just tagged on my 20, could loot no problem on Formless Nightmare and Soul-Twister

edit: so this means mail wrists BiS would be from Formless Nightmare if anyone cared; also staff that drops from Soul Twister is pretty freakin’ solid

My level 10 can loot Talador generally. My level 10 cannot loot Spires. I'd venture to guess that the 10 level requirement is not for the mob itself, but for the zone.

Therefore, my guess is you can start looting Frostfire/Shadowmoon/Gorgrond/Talador the moment you can get out here, but cannot loot Spires until 15 and Nagrand until 25. I know my level 27 paladin solo'd most of the rares in Nagrand and could loot. I don't have anything that can test otherwise, but you could probably test on a single regular mob when you get there.

I added that HoA is no longer obtainable. I will look more into Hellfire Pennisula Gems!

has it been verified as unobtainable, or just unequippable?
what does not having it do to the azerite gear quest rewards?

has it been verified as unobtainable, or just unequippable?
what does not having it do to the azerite gear quest rewards?

Well these are valid questions. If anyone has an answer let me know and I'll adjust the checklist accordingly. I'm not gonna have a whole lot of playtime this week so my time testing will be limited.

Formless Nightmare is really tough to solo!

Haha, I've found I can basically solo anything on my holy paladin. For some reason, judgment never missed and I have infinite mana. The only thing that can happen is if they had CC. The only one I died to once was Maniacal Madgard when I wasn't paying attention the first time due to his enrage. After that, I could easily just heal through it.

I haven't done Formless on my Paladin since it is level 10, but I was soloing the mobs outside the void portal for fun.

I'm back with another gem tip for you SkunkyMunky and we need as many twinks of both factions to engage:

Hellfire Peninsula Daily https://www.wowhead.com/quest=10110/hellfire-fortifications

Rewards Marks of Thrallmar/Honor Hold. 10 of which can be traded for https://www.wowhead.com/item=27777/brilliant-blood-garnet & https://www.wowhead.com/item=28360/delicate-blood-garnet

Happy hunting!
Those scale down the moment they're in your bags.
To my knowledge the alliance ones work fine, only the horde ones suffer

Spires seems to be lootable even though mobs are "??" or skull level

had my high level killing them and i just tagged on my 20, could loot no problem on Formless Nightmare and Soul-Twister

edit: so this means mail wrists BiS would be from Formless Nightmare if anyone cared; also staff that drops from Soul Twister is pretty freakin’ solid
I tried to kill them on a 13 and 10 and got no loot. I guess you have to be 20.

I tried to kill them on a 13 and 10 and got no loot. I guess you have to be 20.

My guess is you can do it at 15. Talador is level 20 and the mobs are ?? to my level 10 and I can loot them. If a level 20 can loot Spires mobs that are level 40, but you cannot loot spires mobs at 13, the 10 level rule almost certainly applies to the minimum level of the zone and not the level of the mobs.

Mine is unchanged also, is this just on getting new ones?

I see an update downloading so I assume this is it. Yes, mine is level 10 now too.

So how do they adjust THAT one but leave the +49 artifact weapons in place? Those have to be next.....?

Artifacts may remain untouched, and other items may just receive lower ilvls in the future. Don't underestimate Blizz. Look what they did with BFA items and frag belt to @Dimitri etc.

Alright I updated the Resto druid Corrupt Ghanir being nerfed. Gonna log on and check a few things for myself to see if I see any other nerfs!

I told most people who asked me who said the Draenor/Legion stuff would get nerfed that as long as glaring issues exist, those things will fly under the radar.

Yes, they may get fixed eventually...but the fact that they are single-day, long respawn, not guaranteed drop or a ridiculously long quest line may mean Blizzard leaves them in place for quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread