Shadowlands F2P Baseline Guide

I want to expand on this by pointing out that a lot of the desired gem recipes (the 2/2 gems) are bought with Dalaran JC Tokens from JC dailies. Which seems easy enough. But all of those dailies require gathering a unique item and using it to make the required quest item. These items have a hidden requirement that F2P toons dont meet (im fairly certainly its a character level requirement) and so we cant use them, which means we cant complete the daily.

So getting Dalaran JC tokens requires prospecting titanium ore for titanium powder for the turn-ins. You'd need at least 30 powder to get the first recipe and 40 powder for every recipe beyond that. After mining 2000 saronite for the gems I needed, I had gathered enough titanium that I had 8 powder.

The grind for this is obscene enough that I think it's safe to say the best way for forward for F2P gems is to grind out Talasites from Adamantite veins and prospecting. It's certainly simpler and doesnt require waiting on 24 hour transmute CDs. Should Talasite get nerfed, I think its safe to say you'll still have +3 stam gems and honestly, thats still pretty sexy.

(jesus christ I cant believe I spent 3 weeks worth of xmute CDs just to end up abandoning it)

I want to expand on this by pointing out that a lot of the desired gem recipes (the 2/2 gems) are bought with Dalaran JC Tokens from JC dailies. Which seems easy enough. But all of those dailies require gathering a unique item and using it to make the required quest item. These items have a hidden requirement that F2P toons dont meet (im fairly certainly its a character level requirement)
I just did Dalaran JC daily today on level 10, and it worked, now it was on Vet, so it might be it, but maybe it depends what level mob you loot for that item, as somone mentioned on some other thread. I looted vrykul amulet from some vrykul near utgarde keep (he was 10-11). Anyway, thank you for all the hard work.

I just did Dalaran JC daily today on level 10, and it worked, now it was on Vet, so it might be it, but maybe it depends what level mob you loot for that item, as somone mentioned on some other thread. I looted vrykul amulet from some vrykul near utgarde keep (he was 10-11). Anyway, thank you for all the hard work.
it may be contingent on the quest item itself? That makes sense though because I had the dragon bone quest and so had to loot it off a dragon in a 25 zone. Which means you should be able to complete a couple of the dailies. Thats good news! Its just a waiting game at that point.

But I already farmed full talasite and I aint looking back lol.

So with this expac you can completely gear a f2p with bis enchants and what not without ever subbing or transferring from a p2p acc?

So with this expac you can completely gear a f2p with bis enchants and what not without ever subbing or transferring from a p2p acc?
Pretty much, the gap has never been smaller as it is right now.

Vets = lazy f2ps.

CONCLUSION
Again, this is a [Work in Progress] by a stoner & a drunk, so we're bound to miss some shit. let me know if you got something, and i'll explore it.

Otherwise: GL HF, GG WP, RE.
Wow man, I can't thank you enough. This is what so many of us need and needed off the get. Goals. Plain and simple. Show me what I need to get to get better, FTH. ;-) Thank you much.

the gap has never been smaller as it is right now.
small correction: there is no gap. When Im done my F2P will be in the same gear with the same gems and enchants as my vet.

The only difference is my vet is done and has been done for weeks. I *might* be done with my F2P by spring break, given how my i lvl 28 farming has been going lol

small correction: there is no gap. When Im done my F2P will be in the same gear with the same gems and enchants as my vet.

Detective Conzil here to debunk your comment.

F2Ps can't get ilvl 28 green neck, ilvl 28 green trinkets or +7 relics. (We can get ilvl 28 epic boes from Legion, but it's still not the same thing as the green ones where u can basically choose suffix)

Hell ye! Fuck new players, am I right bois?
Its not "fuck new players" its a statement of fact. Your GF'd helm is bis. GF'd relics are bis.

BIS = Best In Slot. Not "good" or even "great" but "best".

BIS has become shorthand for "best I feel like getting" or "pretty damn good" or "best currently available" but BIS means BIS. Surely a guy who spent the better part of a year trolling about SET understands the pedantry involved here?

Its not "fuck new players" its a statement of fact. Your GF'd helm is bis. GF'd relics are bis.

BIS = Best In Slot. Not "good" or even "great" but "best".

BIS has become shorthand for "best I feel like getting" or "pretty damn good" or "best currently available" but BIS means BIS. Surely a guy who spent the better part of a year trolling about SET understands the pedantry involved here?

If someone asked you for a bis list, would you now, after the nerf list of for example my helm or ilvl 49 artifacts? or would you actually give them a list of currently possible items?

I understand where you are coming from, but I've never seen anyone answer with for example 12 agi enchant on cloak, or 15 attack power glove enchant when asking for the bis enchants.

It's the same with for example those ilvl 180 rings or whatever back in BFA, no one ever mentioned those as bis, even tho some still had them.

Also, FTT is the new SET.

If someone asked you for a bis list, would you now, after the nerf list of for example my helm or ilvl 49 artifacts? or would you actually give them a list of currently possible items?
Usually I just link them the armory thread or say something like "there is no real BIS list these days because the gearing options are too varied and based on personal playstyle"

how can you for example say that the ilvl 28 neck isn't bis?
if BIS is determined by personal preference and/or playstyle and we're deciding between various valid pieces of gear (ie, generally same stat weight and we're just bickering over what stats or, in this case, stats vs on-equip ability) then is there really any such thing as bis at all?

*cue ominous music*

if BIS is determined by personal preference and/or playstyle and we're deciding between various valid pieces of gear (ie, generally same stat weight and we're just bickering over what stats or, in this case, stats vers on-equip ability) then is there really any such thing as bis at all?

The first half of this sentence answers the question for you Conzil...

There is definitely personal bis, I know what I want in each slot based on my playstyle

My argument is then that since I think the ilvl 28 green boe neck with gem / speed is bis, that there is a difference between vets and f2ps.
[doublepost=1606963481,1606963387][/doublepost]Whoops forgot to answer Ohtis comment even tho I quoted him

What I meant is that he commented it like it was not bis for anyone, but since it's subjective some would think it's bis.

Users who are viewing this thread