Queues alread 9m long and growing :/

I'm not calling anyone out on anything. That's literally the only difference, access to lever BG as locked XP.

Anyone can decide "i cant use the AH or mailbox etc..." and be a "challenged f2play" on their subbed account. That is all.
There's also the vanity thing of being unsubbed, especially for the purely f2p accounts that never subbed to have collections/achievements.

Anyone can decide "i cant use the AH or mailbox etc..." and be a "challenged f2play" on their subbed account. That is all.
The reason not to do that is it makes the collecting and achievement points of your free character/account easier to track if the account isnt tied to your existing paid accounts/bnet

Part of the fun is showing off. "hey i got xyz pet/mount/xmog/whatever without trading" without having to follow that up with "no really i swear, I know look I could have but I didnt!"

But there's also just the ease of not having to deal with "ok, I know I got this pet with one of my other characters but have I gotten with my Fake Free character yet? I cant really remember"

The ONLY difference (aside from limitations you can impose on yourself) was queueing PvP with levelers.
And that was the reason a lot of people did it.

I wouln’t see nothing wrong with playing a 29 as long as I wouldn’t have to pay for it. Cause it’s a shitshow, just as 20s was, but you did not have to pay for it.

Somehow, 20s without paying for a sub was the best game ever and paying for a sub was just a clownfest where wierdos tried to make good use of their money spent.

I wouln’t see nothing wrong with playing a 29 as long as I wouldn’t have to pay for it. Cause it’s a shitshow, just as 20s was, but you did not have to pay for it.
I mean, subs to this game are cheap. I'd legit offer to buy subs for people if they wanted to play in the bracket, but I'd probably get torched by people on here who hate on the idea of more 27/29s.

I mean, subs to this game are cheap. I'd legit offer to buy subs for people if they wanted to play in the bracket, but I'd probably get torched by people who hate on the idea of more 27/29s.
But it’s not about the money tho. You literally have a better experience without a sub.

Cause subbing then opens up the question “do I really preffer to stay locked at 29 or x9 other lvl and twink, instead of enjoying the endgame (the sole reason a sub to the game exists)… Am I really going to ignore 70% of the game and all the work that has been put into it lately by the devs?”

I mean… just by writing that question I feel like it’s wrong, like what am I even paying for?

People might say “yeah but if you don’t enjoy end game, you make twinking your end game”. And that for me is wrong. Twinking is one way of enjoyung the game, end game is another. I wouldn’t pay for twinking just as I wouldn’t pay for endgame RN.

Last edited:
Cause subbing then opens up the question “do I really preffer to stay locked at 29 or x9 other lvl and twink, instead of enjoying the endgame (the sole reason a sub to the game exists)… Am I really going to ignore 70% of the game and all the work that has been put into it lately by the devs?”
I think it's just subjective taste. Most of my time subbed over the past few years I haven’t played endgame or worried about feeling like I needed to play it. I just like slow-BG leveling on different classes through the varied leveler brackets or twinking when the opportunity arises.

Last edited:
But it’s not about the money tho. You literally have a better experience without a sub.

I mean… just by writing that question I feel like it’s wrong, like what am I even paying for?

People might say “yeah but if you don’t enjoy end game, you make twinking your end game”. And that for me is wrong. Twinking is one way of enjoyung the game, end game is another. I wouldn’t pay for twinking just as I wouldn’t pay for endgame RN.

for me the question is simple: at the moment shadowlands is shit so i play tbc but i'm only raidlogging at the moment. if i'm not raiding i level my mage for wotlk OR do low level bgs. how much i play lowlevel brackets depends on the quality of the expansion, currently i twink alot which means i don't enjoy shadowlands... on the other hand in legion i never did any lower brackets, and nope i didn't know templates was also a thing for lower brackets.

The reason not to do that is it makes the collecting and achievement points of your free character/account easier to track if the account isnt tied to your existing paid accounts/bnet

Part of the fun is showing off. "hey i got xyz pet/mount/xmog/whatever without trading" without having to follow that up with "no really i swear, I know look I could have but I didnt!"

But there's also just the ease of not having to deal with "ok, I know I got this pet with one of my other characters but have I gotten with my Fake Free character yet? I cant really remember"

Ok, cool.

Has any of that changed this week?

I hopped on one of my old 70s (now 27) and queue was 2 minutes on hordeside. It was a complete stompfest though, Alliance got 200 azerite at the start then nada.

Is gemmed pvp gear really unobtainable?

Is anyone here complaining about that?
I dunno Ive seen a lot of complaining about it on here since the merge.
But it’s still the only option we have in front of us,
Im not currently subbed but I think I will end up giving 60s a try when the next xpac launches and do some leveling bgs again.
[doublepost=1661397900,1661397752][/doublepost]
just as 20s was, but you did not have to pay for it.
My main reason for 20s was because it let me get my taste of wow without getting tempted to get back up on that tread mill again at end game. Very easy to just play a little here and there and not get sucked into end game.

Dont think Ill ever get back on that end game horse again.

I hopped on one of my old 70s (now 27) and queue was 2 minutes on hordeside. It was a complete stompfest though, Alliance got 200 azerite at the start then nada.

Is gemmed pvp gear really unobtainable?
No. After they nerfed the tanzanites gfd 70s arent anything special.

adaptordie.jpg
if someone can get me this graphic it'll be in the shop tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread