Questions & Answers

When switching from US to EU what exactly do you need to do?

I went to my WTF folder and did SET locale "enGB" but now what? When I open WoW it just loads for awhile and basically opens my regular account without addons or adjustments. Do I need to make a new account or can I use my old one? If I change to EU will my US data be deleted and I need to set everything back up (UI resets are a drag :/ )

What am I missing here?

I believe the easiest way is to use the battle net launcher.
411X8hP.png

You should be able to add a EU Starter Accound to your existing battlenet account.
Look at https://eu.battle.net/account/management/index.xml

bh7uznv.png

You may need to change to EUROPE:english at the bottom right.

Interface options will be gone on your new account, but you should be able to copy over your existing WTF folder into your new account.
I haven't done that so im not sure how well this works.

I went to my WTF folder and did SET locale "enGB" but now what? When I open WoW it just loads for awhile and basically opens my regular account without addons or adjustments. Do I need to make a new account or can I use my old one? If I change to EU will my US data be deleted and I need to set everything back up (UI resets are a drag :/ )

What am I missing here?

Battle net launcher will do it.

What am I missing here?

You have to make an EU account but it won't effect your US one at all. Do what you've done above but dont open wow with the launcher.

Use the wow application just below the wow launcher app.

"Character not available". I suppose you haven't logged in on it for quite some time :D

I do not think so , [MENTION=16240]Goesid[/MENTION] , Did your realm merge with another ? If yes thats the problem , you wont be able to see your character in 3weeks-2/3months. Its always good to report it as a problem. I tried to check my lv 12-13 druid at Aggramar and i couldnt...

I believe the easiest way is to use the battle net launcher.
411X8hP.png

You should be able to add a EU Starter Accound to your existing battlenet account.
Look at https://eu.battle.net/account/management/index.xml

bh7uznv.png

You may need to change to EUROPE:english at the bottom right.

Interface options will be gone on your new account, but you should be able to copy over your existing WTF folder into your new account.
I haven't done that so im not sure how well this works.

tEtmXQY.png

That's all I see in my account management... No option to make a EU account and when I try to go to this to make a EU account as well after I put in my new email and fill everything out it resets and reverts to the US version with nothing filled out

tEtmXQY.png

That's all I see in my account management... No option to make a EU account and when I try to go to this to make a EU account as well after I put in my new email and fill everything out it resets and reverts to the US version with nothing filled out
As I recall, you need to hack into the EU battle.net mainframes by first navigating to Battle.net as per usual. Then, once there, go into your browser's address bar an change the "us" in <http://us.battle.net/en/> to "eu", with the end result being <http://eu.battle.net/en/>.

Log into the EU battle,net using your usual US battle.net credentials. Once your in, simply make a new starter account as if this were a fresh battle.net because, unless you've already somehow made a EU account before,, you should be able to make one account (WoW1) on your existing account on your existing battle.net. Additional accounts will probably require a RAF email to activate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my account into EU just by 3 simple steps

Start up Battle.net App

Change the Region on the login page

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Start up Battle.net App

Brilliant! I was wondering if that would work for your first account. Do you know if you can make more than one account per battle.net like that?

Also, does anyone know if there is a download every time you switch eu to us and visa-versa, and about how big is it?

Start up Battle.net App

Brilliant! I was wondering if that would work for your first account. Do you know if you can make more than one account per battle.net like that?

Also, does anyone know if there is a download every time you switch eu to us and visa-versa, and about how big is it?
Just did a quick test with Pooh's tip: [Edit] See Goesid's post below. [edit]

As for making a EU Starter Edition WoW account with the same battle.net account that has a US WoW Starter account, there's still this hurdle to pass, which is likely why lil is stuck currently:
WoW Starter Edition FAQ said:
Note: Each Battle.net account is limited to one World of Warcraft Starter Edition at a time.

With this limitation, I conjecture Sabzep managed to move around this limit by receiving a RAF from someone with a EU WoW account of sorts, which means sharing your battle.net account login email with that other person. Or did Sabzep successfully do this with a different method?

Even if that's done, one still may need to download another client, as the WoW client in question needs a EU license to access EU servers, much like a WoW client needs a NA license to access NA servers, unless there's somehow a work-around despite these license requirements.

If RAF isn't a option, making a new battle.net account for the EU WoW Starter account is another option (though it means starting from scratch, no account-wide titles/mounts/pets/etc.).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very quick question: how does one "mention" another user on this forum? Like this?:
Code:
[URL="http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/members/lil.html"]Lil[/URL]
Or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sometimes, takes about 2 min.

Here is mine, so ye you can get em pretty big.
sKF8Btx.jpg

Vandiir said:
Very quick question: how does one "mention" another user on this forum?

either a @ before the name like [MENTION=10955]Vandiir[/MENTION] or just quote this post and check how it's written there.

Users who are viewing this thread