Questions & Answers

Pretty sure you can walk around that valley.

Try the left side here
qYr0HPJ.jpg

I tried both sides without success. I couldn't find any path through mountains. Corpse run doesn't work, because you can't reach your body. I cleaned my way with my 90, but those cultists respawn immediately, because of the quest area.

The only way to reach the quartermaster is to ask gently a higher level who has a two seater flying mount. Fortunately, lots of 100s are farming Firelands these days.

I tried both sides without success. I couldn't find any path through mountains. Corpse run doesn't work, because you can't reach your body. I cleaned my way with my 90, but those cultists respawn immediately, because of the quest area.

The only way to reach the quartermaster is to ask gently a higher level who has a two seater flying mount. Fortunately, lots of 100s are farming Firelands these days.

Damn it now I have to do it.

I got there through the mountains on the right so it's possible (as ghost too) but, as mentioned earlier, every time you die you're in for a long walk through Ashenvale, Felwood and Wintergrasp. Only for the insane. :p

Anyone knows if Veinte is still around F2P?

edit: and can anyone confirm that Godfrey and Ripsnarl have a % chance to drop Winter Hats on normal? According to some wowhead's commentator they have 3-14% to drop it on normal.
[MENTION=22975]wicktick[/MENTION]

Question - Is max attack speed a thing? (rogue) like stacking a good amount of haste and whatnot. Been doing it on my rogue for a bit now but still a bit unsure about it. My theory is that if I have double Ele Force with wicked attack speed then that should result in amazing proc rates right?

(Currently 0.89 Attack Speed w/ Slice and Dice, not going crazy on haste stack.)

Brand new to twinking btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question - Is max attack speed a thing? (rogue) like stacking a good amount of haste and whatnot. Been doing it on my rogue for a bit now but still a bit unsure about it. My theory is that if I have double Ele Force with wicked attack speed then that should result in amazing proc rates right?

(Currently 0.89 Attack Speed w/ Slice and Dice, not going crazy on haste stack.)

Haste decreases proc %, attack speed doesn't.

Anyone knows if Veinte is still around F2P?

edit: and can anyone confirm that Godfrey and Ripsnarl have a % chance to drop Winter Hats on normal? According to some wowhead's commentator they have 3-14% to drop it on normal.

This is a comment from wowhead's page of Green Winter Hat:

"from wow-europe.com

Cataclysm Winter Veil bosses

Deadmines (Heroic) - Admiral Ripsnarl
The Stone Core (Normal + Heroic) - High Priestess Azil
Blackrock Caverns (Normal + Heroic) - Corla, Herald of Twilight
Shadowfang Keep (Heroic) - Lord Godfrey
Grim Batol (Normal + Heroic) - Drahga Shadowburner

hope it helps!"

From this one it seems like the hats dont drop from normal DM or SFK, there are several more comments claiming the hats drop from normal modes but i wouldn't count on those.

Here Green Winter Hat - Game Guide - World of Warcraft a few comments say the hat is from heroic

And here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/21524#tab=comments a comment says "It is NOT a 100% guaranteed drop from Admiral Ripsnarl. The hat has still EXTREMELY low chances of dropping.". By EXTREMELY low it prolly means the same % it has from every other humanoid mob

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a comment from wowhead's page of Green Winter Hat:

"from wow-europe.com

Cataclysm Winter Veil bosses

Deadmines (Heroic) - Admiral Ripsnarl
The Stone Core (Normal + Heroic) - High Priestess Azil
Blackrock Caverns (Normal + Heroic) - Corla, Herald of Twilight
Shadowfang Keep (Heroic) - Lord Godfrey
Grim Batol (Normal + Heroic) - Drahga Shadowburner

hope it helps!"

From this one it seems like the hats dont drop from normal DM or SFK, there are several more comments claiming the hats drop from normal modes but i wouldn't count on those.

Here Green Winter Hat - Game Guide - World of Warcraft a few comments say the hat is from heroic

And here Red Winter Hat - Game Guide - World of Warcraft a comment says "It is NOT a 100% guaranteed drop from Admiral Ripsnarl. The hat has still EXTREMELY low chances of dropping.". By EXTREMELY low it prolly means the same % it has from every other humanoid mob
[MENTION=17546]Crystalpall[/MENTION] yea Guglielmao is right, the normal mode SFK and DM dont have the 3-14% drop chance from the bosses but you can still get them as a world drop from them. I have also seen both hats drop before in WC. There is no easy way, you just have to be extremely lucky to get one.

Question: Do 20s get plowed as they did in the 20-24 bracket?

Also, please be unbiased as possible; would a level 29 be more fun than a 20?

Haste increases your chance to proc EF. Windsong and Elemental Force Information - Forums - World of Warcraft
It also increases your enegergy regen... But not by much. Is it the best stat, idk. Probably not.

You don't have to worry about fast swinging daggers for EF as its pretty much going to have a chance to proc all the time (with poisons ticking/melee swing/yellows). Time since last proc is the biggest driver of EF, after that being haste. Melee is a huge portion of your damage so the haste is great there too.

Your finisher really is mut as envenom does almost no damage at this level. I would for sure switch to ToV for you main hand. You could replace a few haste items with crit. AGM is considered BiS as the damage prevention can take you out of combat for a restealth. Other than that cc break or tentacles are good choices.

20s would USUALLY get plowed by 29s unless they are vets.
A 29 would theoretically be more fun cuz more abilities to use. But it's all preference. (End game wooo)

Many of us have not played 20+ since scaling has taken place. 5.4... And we are subscribers, which means we could have chosen to play at higher levels.
Playing at level 20 is very viable on certain classes and on certain specs.
To answer your question of "fun" would be a tough one. As we do not know your definition of "fun".

hello my friends, how long( /played) does it take to get the maghar tabard with help from a lvl 100 char on a dead realm?

It will take you about 6-8 hours of solid farming mobs to get to exalted, there are some trees above that you can sit your toon on while you farm the mobs below. You can farm it by killing the mobs around burning blade ruins in nagrand in outlands.

Users who are viewing this thread