Questions & Answers

Anyone here can point me to link on how to learn calculations necessary for theorycrafting? I've found a few links that point to more advanced sites. but nothing on how to actually learn it myself. TY.

Basically i've been readin on everything there is about these Hairlooms , but there's not enough info for the F2P players . Im STILL confuse if you can get the heirloom weapon . In Darkmoon Fair , you could get it but that's only once a month?
How the hell you buy anything from the Dun Morgh guy in Ironforge if you cant have more than 10 gold .. im just confuse all around it . People say they twink a FREE to play char but its usualy a "veteran " account that has more improovements and such . someone should make it clear ..

Second , if you still get to the Fair , is it possible to complete all the tasks for that month on your own ?

Is it basically possible by your own and grinding HK?

Basically i've been readin on everything there is about these Hairlooms , but there's not enough info for the F2P players . Im STILL confuse if you can get the heirloom weapon . In Darkmoon Fair , you could get it but that's only once a month?
How the hell you buy anything from the Dun Morgh guy in Ironforge if you cant have more than 10 gold .. im just confuse all around it . People say they twink a FREE to play char but its usualy a "veteran " account that has more improovements and such . someone should make it clear ..

Second , if you still get to the Fair , is it possible to complete all the tasks for that month on your own ?

If you do everything you can get 3 heirlooms in one DMF week.
Free to play has changed alot in the last year, you used to buy heirlooms with justice points.

As Goesid said above, F2P has changed a lot. You used to be able to buy heirlooms with Justice Points, which are no longer in the game. So the only way to buy heirlooms as a F2P (starter account) is by honor and DMF. If you do everything, such as the treasure map quest which you buy from DMF, you can get 4 heirlooms per DMF.

F2Ps can't buy the guild heirlooms, but some people link their Starter Account to their veteran account or subbed account, so they can get the guild looms that way. People who do that are not technically F2P because it's impossible to do without linking due to the gold cap.

That's where the confusion came from then , old posts on top of eachother from different dates , so now basically everyone who before could spend JP ,not has OP gear , and a new F2P has to spend more time getting owned by them in BG's to get a "bitt" of what they had . WTF is this "F2P NERF" its just "Blizz" im not even surprised . now basically im stuck trying to log in at the begging of the month and farm DMF.wich i cant because im out of the country every 15 days . GG BLIZZARTD! Basically ill have to find time to get the Weapon/chest/legs and go to the DMF...Well its still something , atleast like that ill be able to get some kills against the ones you say they have it linked and they acces better gear.

No real challenge if you get owned by a P2P ... F2P should have its own realm and such i supose...

That's where the confusion came from then , old posts on top of eachother from different dates , so now basically everyone who before could spend JP ,not has OP gear , and a new F2P has to spend more time getting owned by them in BG's to get a "bitt" of what they had . WTF is this "F2P NERF" its just "Blizz" im not even surprised . now basically im stuck trying to log in at the begging of the month and farm DMF.wich i cant because im out of the country every 15 days . GG BLIZZARTD! Basically ill have to find time to get the Weapon/chest/legs and go to the DMF...Well its still something , atleast like that ill be able to get some kills against the ones you say they have it linked and they acces better gear.

No real challenge if you get owned by a P2P ... F2P should have its own realm and such i supose...

Well, It's clear you're new here, so I'll chuck you some advice. Blizzard's changes weren't directed to nerf F2P at all, although it did make getting heirlooms more time consuming.

Also, having heirlooms and not having heirlooms don't make a huge difference, if you're talking about the main ones available to F2Ps (chest, weapon, trinkets, shoulders.) A lot of dungeon gear scale similarly or even better than heirlooms.

If you're twinking as a F2P, the reason you twink should be to prove skill > gear, but it has changed in recent years to skill > enchants. The bracket is 20-29, therefore F2Ps are the ones playing with a disadvantage, WoW isn't a free game and if you choose to play F2P, you need to accept the consequences of doing so.

Fair enough Lanky , seems that i missed the "cool " wave , and you are SOO right , you want to proove you are better even with slightly weaker or pve gear when ur twinking . I have seen the enchants aswell and they seem to give out some better stats , but as a F2P you can still make them for yourself i think , so slowlly ill get it . Anyway , Wow evolved and now its just "something else" , i do enjoy the chalenge , but still i feel that other F2P's are so much stronger than me , maybe they have linked accounts . anyway , finally someone clears it to me , so thanks alot for that !

I tried reach the top of Hyjal, but I failed. There is a huge gap between Winterspring and Mount Hyjal. I let myself die close enough to the other side, and I resurrected by the spirit healer. Then basilisks killed me and my soul teleported back to Ashenvale. It's really pain to travel back through Felwood and Winterspring as a ghost. I guess this problem would be solved if I could unlock the first flying point. Unfortunately I couldn't reach my body either, because of that canyon. :mad:

Is there any trick to pass over that?

I tried reach the top of Hyjal, but I failed. There is a huge gap between Winterspring and Mount Hyjal. I let myself die close enough to the other side, and I resurrected by the spirit healer. Then basilisks killed me and my soul teleported back to Ashenvale. It's really pain to travel back through Felwood and Winterspring as a ghost. I guess this problem would be solved if I could unlock the first flying point. Unfortunately I couldn't reach my body either, because of that canyon. :mad:

Pretty sure you can walk around that valley.

Try the left side here
qYr0HPJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you read tried a glider?

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread