Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is chardev still accurate when it comes to stats , I want to test out gear set etc , need something to work accurately with spec class and gear modifiers , thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, twink Friends :)
I came here today with many thoughts concerning my mind, but I won't share it, cuz everyone wants to be famous (me too) and maybe by being 1st at something i'll get more respect here, at TI :D anyways, i have some questions concerning my future plan (i must prepare and it takes time ;/)
- Does EU Aerie Peak alliance have strong community? Or aerie peak is concerned f2p realm only on US? If so, are any known names from TI on EU Aerie Peak?
- Can i get the pet from using authenticator on f2p?
- Why so many people think Prot pallies are OP? They have 6 sec stun, bubble and LoH, but that are long-cd skills, and they dont have spammable CC like hunters or fmages. It may be just from Pally's point of view, that's why I am asking you about this :)

EDIT: Forgot one question; is there any way to check when I created my char? Thx alot :)

Yours,
Crystalpall

I have been thinking about best options as resto FC between:

Corpse Rompers: 8sp , 0.42% crit, 52 armor
Cobrahn's Boots : 0.45 dodge , 1.24% crit 69 armor (thats 0.64% more physical damage reduction in bear form than Corpse Rompers)

(Sandals of sacrifice 4 sp , 0.21 crit 69 armor)

Now if numbers are right , would it be sacrilege to drop the 8sp for not too far off 1% jump in crit ?
Also with patch 5.2 coming along and if we do get scaled up in battlegrounds wont we be loosing overall crit making it even more important . Also keep in mind if the heirloom main hand weapons do become one handed , we will be able to equip 2 x DAH, thats some heavy SP gain ( thought i doubt it will make it live ,does seem silly , it might be changed to unique equipped one handers)/

Am I way off or is it something to consider ? please let me know what you think , thanks.

Hello, twink Friends :)
I came here today with many thoughts concerning my mind, but I won't share it, cuz everyone wants to be famous (me too) and maybe by being 1st at something i'll get more respect here, at TI :D anyways, i have some questions concerning my future plan (i must prepare and it takes time ;/)
- Does EU Aerie Peak alliance have strong community? Or aerie peak is concerned f2p realm only on US? If so, are any known names from TI on EU Aerie Peak?
- Can i get the pet from using authenticator on f2p?
- Why so many people think Prot pallies are OP? They have 6 sec stun, bubble and LoH, but that are long-cd skills, and they dont have spammable CC like hunters or fmages. It may be just from Pally's point of view, that's why I am asking you about this :)

EDIT: Forgot one question; is there any way to check when I created my char? Thx alot :)

Yours,
Crystalpall

EU F2P is based on different realms than Aerie Peak.
the strongest communities are probably
(horde) Aggramar
(alliance) Spinebreaker, Twisting Nether

You get the pet in the mail. I guess you could ask a few GMs and hope that one is nice enough to give it to you.

Because the Avengers Shield hit alot and will silence you either and that hoj can be annoying and there are so many of them

Unless you character predates 15/10/08 EU or 14/10/08 US you can just check ur lvl 10 achivment.

Hello!
Thanks for the response, tbh I never thought about a shield silence as something powerful, and it was nerfed in pandas, but nice to see other ppl opinion :D I agree that there are a lot of f2p prot pallies, but small percent of them is geared and knows how to FC - mostly you see a prot with ~1.6k hp taking flag and over extending :/
Thx!
Yours,
Crystalpall

Hello!
Thanks for the response, tbh I never thought about a shield silence as something powerful, and it was nerfed in pandas, but nice to see other ppl opinion :D I agree that there are a lot of f2p prot pallies, but small percent of them is geared and knows how to FC - mostly you see a prot with ~1.6k hp taking flag and over extending :/
Thx!
Yours,
Crystalpall

really? A blanket silence is not powerful? I understand if you pug it does not matter..like those captain amercias you saw in cata that specd prot and blindly tossed shields to top charts or just damage something and see numbers. But do you even know powerful that silence is when you play a premade and do callouts?And a 6 sec stun?

tl;dr Teamwork is OP, OP abilites dont seem ''that OP'' in an unorganized pug but they REALLY tend to shine in a premade.

Hello!
Thx!
Yours,
Crystalpall

Avenger's Shield has not been nerfed... It went from 100-300 dmg on 3 targets and silencing them to 600 dmg on 3 targets and silencing the first...

Edit: I have more than once been killed by a bouncing frisbee critting me for 800 just because I stood like half a cm too near another player (from my screen's POV)

Cobrahn's Boots : 0.45 dodge , 1.24% crit 69 armor (thats 0.64% more physical damage reduction in bear form than Corpse Rompers)

Now if numbers are right , would it be sacrilege to drop the 8sp for not too far off 1% jump in crit ?
Also with patch 5.2 coming along and if we do get scaled up in battlegrounds wont we be loosing overall crit making it even more important . Also keep in mind if the heirloom main hand weapons do become one handed , we will be able to equip 2 x DAH, thats some heavy SP gain ( thought i doubt it will make it live ,does seem silly , it might be changed to unique equipped one handers)/

Am I way off or is it something to consider ? please let me know what you think , thanks.

For one you cant duel wield so no super spell power gain for you even if the looms get changed.

And I feel like the spell power from the rompers is the most helpful considering you rejuv spam/ regrowth as a resto.

But really, it comes down to if you want to xmog cloth or leather. You are so OP as a resto druid that looks matter more at this point.

I dropped the battle standard twice today and both times I was the only one in the vicinity that got the 15% buff. Me thinks it's bugged or bugged for cross server players. Has anyone else noticed this?

Well, you All have the point, and I'm agreeing with you, and there is no 'but'.
About a nerf, I meant the silence from 3 to 1 target, never thought about dmg... Daaam I was a noob in cata :O
As always, I have some questions:
- can I play on us serv when I'm eu? (like in LoL <ugh> for example)
- asking again, is there a list of f2p grandfathered items?
- can we get a bag with more than 16 slots? I searched wowhead, but it showed so many quivers that I stopped... Also, can we get alchemy bag?

I dropped the battle standard twice today and both times I was the only one in the vicinity that got the 15% buff. Me thinks it's bugged or bugged for cross server players. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've been the one not getting buff today, my friend put standard to help me as FC, and I got nothing. Btw is horde FC getting assault stacks? Cuz I can't see how many stacks EFC has. It's hidden or they don't stack?

I've been the one not getting buff today, my friend put standard to help me as FC, and I got nothing. Btw is horde FC getting assault stacks? Cuz I can't see how many stacks EFC has. It's hidden or they don't stack?

I noticed that the other day. It does show for the FC on your team, you can look at them and see those stacks. Wonder why they took away the debuff visual on EFC?

To me, it looks like the standard only buffs the people in your actual raid group (1, 2 or 3 in ab), but I'm not 100% sure on that

I noticed that the other day. It does show for the FC on your team, you can look at them and see those stacks. Wonder why they took away the debuff visual on EFC?

It always shows for me, don't know what the problem could be - do you use UI addons? Maybe they break the visual

As always, I have some questions:
- can I play on us serv when I'm eu? (like in LoL <ugh> for example)
- asking again, is there a list of f2p grandfathered items?
- can we get a bag with more than 16 slots? I searched wowhead, but it showed so many quivers that I stopped... Also, can we get alchemy bag?

1.) You can, but you have to change your realmlist (there are guides here on TI about how to do that)

2.) there should be somewhere, did searching "grandfathered f2p gear" get you no results?

3.) No we can't get bigger bags than 16 slot, and yes we can buy profession-bags if they cost less than 10g and the vendor is reachable by us

You can play US if ur EU. Think [MENTION=2190]lindenkron[/MENTION] made a guide for it.
GFd items are pretty much the same as 19s + tabard of the scarlet crusade.
You can find a list of most of the items in the 19 section sticky. Very few people have GFd items on F2Ps atleast those that got lost in the shattering.
I don't think there is.

It always shows for me, don't know what the problem could be - do you use UI addons? Maybe they break the visual

I finally set up Elvui. Maybe I can tinker with the debuff indicators on the target frame and get it back.

In my experience you have to be in the same battleground party for it to take effect, at least those mechanics seem to still be in place , but im not exactly sure.

For one you cant duel wield so no super spell power gain for you even if the looms get changed.

And I feel like the spell power from the rompers is the most helpful considering you rejuv spam/ regrowth as a resto.

But really, it comes down to if you want to xmog cloth or leather. You are so OP as a resto druid that looks matter more at this point.

Well rejuvenation ticks can crit too , you can tweak your gear loosing under 20 sp for around 3.xx % crit, armor and dodge, I don't mind xmog either way both have similar enough colours for me to work with ;) or is it too minor to hassle over ?

Oops, I think my mog just crit.

Boom headshot!

If you want to play on servers not in your region, you have two options. You could install a separate client for the region you want to access, or change your WoW installation.
You can create a US trial account:
European F2P Players @ US - Quick help. by lindenkron

Keep in mind that changing the realmlist doesn't work since MoP, as the file doesn't exist anymore.
Here's a simple thing I tried with the MoP installation and that worked for me:

• Instead of downloading anything I copied my entire US installation into another folder.
  • In the copy, I opened the file Config.wtf in the WTF folder in a text editor (I used a code editor because Mac TextEdit screws code up sometimes).
  • I changed two lines (first two lines for me, but they might be somewhere lower in the row of SET blah, depending on what your client wrote last).

SET locale "enUS"
SET installLocale "enUS"

to:

SET locale "enGB"
SET installLocale "enGB"

• Saved and that was it. Can log both into EU and US now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread