Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually incorrect. Most special attacks that scale with weapon damage are normalized which means they gain the same amount of damage from attack power no matter how fast they are. You do however gain higher top end from the weapon itself if you use a slower weapon.

I had to read it a few times, but overall, he's right. It's just worded very very strangely. I tried to make it a bit simpler in my post without making myself sound like a dick to him. =P

I had to read it a few times, but overall, he's right. It's just worded very very strangely. I tried to make it a bit simpler in my post without making myself sound like a dick to him. =P
I don't see how anything you wrote in your post reflects what I just wrote.

I don't see how anything you wrote in your post reflects what I just wrote.

He stated that weapon damage skills scale better with slower weapons, just in a really weird way...

BTW: Get recount, and test out slow and fast weapons. Weapon Damage skills do a % of weapon damage, which means that the slower the weapon, the higher damage it does. This does not mean the DPS is increased, it may or may not be, depending on weapon and skill used, but it increases burst, which is what PvP is about for the most part.

He stated that weapon damage skills scale better with slower weapons, just in a really weird way...
He stated that special attacks with slower weapons gain more damage from attack power. I said that this is not the case. It's called normalization.

He stated that special attacks with slower weapons gain more damage from attack power. I said that this is not the case. It's called normalization.

He has the right idea. The AP doesn't scale any differently based on weapon speed, the skills just do higher damage because of the % weapon damage. I understood him.

STV fishing prize bug?

Im not going for the hat, I was going for another one of the 40 fish prizes, but the vendor said there had "already been a winner" and would only accept 5 at a time for silver...

Im confused because there was never a winner in chat, and it was only about 20 minutes into it. Is the prize now crz or something?

(scratch crz, I was infront of the vendor, and somone from another realm just got "master angler of azzeroth" in front of me... is it a level thing?)

Last edited by a moderator:
STV fishing prize bug?

Im not going for the hat, I was going for another one of the 40 fish prizes, but the vendor said there had "already been a winner" and would only accept 5 at a time for silver...

Im confused because there was never a winner in chat, and it was only about 20 minutes into it. Is the prize now crz or something?

(scratch crz, I was infront of the vendor, and somone from another realm just got "master angler of azzeroth" in front of me... is it a level thing?)

Not sure about most of all that, just know it's working as intended on my server. Could be something going on with your server though.

He has the right idea. The AP doesn't scale any differently based on weapon speed, the skills just do higher damage because of the % weapon damage. I understood him.
He has the wrong idea. He thinks that by using a slower weapon he gains more damage for his special attacks through AP. That's not true. The only benefit he gains from a slower weapon is the top end on the weapon itself.

Not sure about most of all that, just know it's working as intended on my server. Could be something going on with your server though.

Might have something to do with a lot of the realms just going down. I spent a couple of minutes flying around without my mount, not being able to cast anything, before getting DCed.

WoWScrnShot_071413_223317.jpg

Is there a place on AP Horde where F2P's hang out? Just curious.

Also there was talk that Alliance has been dominating the BGs of late and it's making Horde uneasy. What's the word on that? Not that it matters much to me, I'll be staying Horde regardless.

Is there a place on AP Horde where F2P's hang out? Just curious.

Also there was talk that Alliance has been dominating the BGs of late and it's making Horde uneasy. What's the word on that? Not that it matters much to me, I'll be staying Horde regardless.

horde usually hang out outside orgrimmar, its ashame they lack a nice hub like goldshire though :l

and pay no mind to "oh ally so strong they winning now" or "horde is winning now" that banter was only really true in cata to an extent, its honestly a balanced win between the two factions. sure you can get a bad streak but the bracket is so big that it all evens out really. the grass is the same on the other side!

oh dagger? I didnt know that was a thing no offense but how is it better than Wicked Dagger?

Your offhand weapon on a rogue is typically a "stat stick" because your abilities scale off main hand weapon damage, so no matter how much damage your offhand weapon does, you're only really using the stats on it, because the white damage it does is so miniscule anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread