QUESTIONS & ANSWERS - The place for any question about F2P

Status
Not open for further replies.
F2P accounts can not use any paid services from Blizz, and that includes pets. If they're linked to a paid account with the pet though, your F2P account will be able to use the pet.

Are rogues the only class that hitting you from behind makes a difference? I want to know if i can stop worrying about not exposing my back if there are no rogues around- it would help me focus on other things.

Are rogues the only class that hitting you from behind makes a difference? I want to know if i can stop worrying about not exposing my back if there are no rogues around- it would help me focus on other things.

You cant dodge/parry/block attacks that come from behind you :)

You cant dodge/parry/block attacks that come from behind you :)

Actually, I noticed that I can dodge attacks from behind.

I tested this for countless hours on my rogue with either training dummies or real players in duels.

It is a common misconception that not facing a player makes you not being able to dodge, this misconception is TOTALLY WRONG. If your back is facing a player you can still dodge (and obviously he can miss if not hitcapped) BUT you can neither parry nor block!

Apparently it makes ZERO difference to dodging if you face or not face your opponent (you might think you would be able to dodge MORE while facing). And as only melee classes get "Parry" and only tanks get "Block" this is only important to them.

Maybe I should make a real test with like 100 hits on a 20 tank/melee/caster and an actual thread about this...

I tested this for countless hours on my rogue with either training dummies or real players in duels.

It is a common misconception that not facing a player makes you not being able to dodge, this misconception is TOTALLY WRONG. If your back is facing a player you can still dodge (and obviously he can miss if not hitcapped) BUT you can neither parry nor block!

Apparently it makes ZERO difference to dodging if you face or not face your opponent (you might think you would be able to dodge MORE while facing). And as only melee classes get "Parry" and only tanks get "Block" this is only important to them.

Maybe I should make a real test with like 100 hits on a 20 tank/melee/caster and an actual thread about this...
Players cannot dodge from behind, but pve mobs can. That's why training dummies dodged you.

Players cannot dodge from behind, but pve mobs can. That's why training dummies dodged you.

I tested it on players too, as I wrote. Well, I didn't make a comprehensive test with exactly 100 hits or anything, so the numbers might be wrong...

Wow, what a great response to my question- I wasn't expecting so much good information. Thanks to all who chimed in. I never play tank or mele classes, should have said this i suppose and apparently you can doge with your back turned(I wonder if this affects the doge rate?), so I guess if there are no rogues around, the answer is *yes* - I can relax and devote my attention to other aspects of the pvp.
Those darn rogues!! :p

Fact: Players can not dodge attacks from behind them.

Misguided opinion: In a duel against players, when both of you are moving, lag may make it appear that you're behind someone and they dodge, or vice versa. You're wrong.

Ok i got a lot of questions about rogues now.

Are all of the rogue specs viable? if so what are the main differences between them.

crit vs agi mainly bracer-pants-boots.

why do rogues use dual daggers instead of a slow weapon, and a fast one.

Why do rogues tend to use nightstalker so much when i think a 5 CP eviscerate right out of stealth with shadow focus would be more burst.

anyone got a sick transmog they wanna show for rogue XD

Footfairy @ Coilfang - Community - World of Warcraft
copy this gear

All specs are viable, althought combat is better when you're in combat for awhile and sub is better when you can restealth alot.

Fast weapons give more posion procs, and as sub hemo hits harder with a dagger.

People uses nightstalker for the +20% movement speed (or at least I do when I use it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: Is it possible to have a starter Goblin summoned (by a high level p2p Lock) out of the starter area without completing the quests? I know there's a way for Worgen to escape the starter area at level 1...wondering if its possible to get a Goblin out of the area.

edit: nevermind, looks like a no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: Is it possible to have a starter Goblin summoned (by a high level p2p Lock) out of the starter area without completing the quests? I know there's a way for Worgen to escape the starter area at level 1...wondering if its possible to get a Goblin out of the area.

edit: nevermind, looks like a no.

I tried this a while back and it never seemed to work.

Upload pictures to imgur.com and choose one of two ways to proceed, depending on if you prefer clicking or using your keyboard.

A)

When you click on Insert Image select From URL, paste the link to the image hosted on imgur, uncheck Retrieve remote file and reference locally, and click OK.

B)

Code:
[img]put your imgur link in here[/img]

If you want to make your userpic larger, simply upload it in a bigger size, as limited by your user group. 160sq I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread