Question about f2p twinks / 20-24 twinks

I've never had a 24 treat me even remotely decently and if you know me, you know I'm not a mean person. After being trolled countless times I'm quite bitter about the whole thing these days. Now I assume automatically any and all 24s are jerks because most of the time, they are. This is not to say my F2P teammates aren't, just to say that any 24 that has ever said something in a BG or to me personally has been either ego-driven or troll-based.

I refuse to heal any 24s, whether I'm playing alliance or horde, I try extra hard to get the last flag so I don't sit there for 15mins in our flag room while those 'honorable defenders' farm those pesky evil alliance/or horde depending on which side you're on of course ;D

24s can't be trusted imo to play fairly or honorably, however, neither can many F2Ps. Leaving me somewhere in the middle.

In regards to respect, if you want respect from us, start acting respectable. Drop the 'you get what you pay for", "I laugh while you cry", "we carry you" attitudes and then ask for forgiveness and I might find it in my poor-F2P-scrub-heart to forgive you. And only then will I be able to respect any of you 24s. Until then, expect to not get healed by me.

Love, your favorite F2P scrub, Rhaellia :3

PS: I think my post is fairly reasonable and rather calm, so if it gets deleted I'd be rather disappointed :'(

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know.. warriors seem highly underrated to me. I mean, yes, you're very kiteable, but if you get any ToT you're generally the hardest hitting person in the BG (with possibly the exception of hunters). There have been a few times where I'll be kiting someone (not even talking about 24s, Enferma makes me pretty sad) and all of a sudden I'll get charge stunned and die in the next interval.

I don't know.. warriors seem highly underrated to me. I mean, yes, you're very kiteable, but if you get any ToT you're generally the hardest hitting person in the BG (with possibly the exception of hunters). There have been a few times where I'll be kiting someone (not even talking about 24s, Enferma makes me pretty sad) and all of a sudden I'll get charge stunned and die in the next interval.
Warriors are indeed more than decent lol. I think Nonsense & I have proven this. Even without heals, I usually end up easily in top returns, flagcaps, dmg and KBs. Warrior, if played right, and not with 5+ Hunter around, is one of the strongest classes around (only all made possible bc this bracket consists of 90% bads, 9% classcrutchers and 1% of actually decent players).

Speaking of crutch classes.

In regard to the "hunter" badmouthing in this thread. I'm especially hard on them because I have played a hunter on and off since Vanilla and honestly, the state that the are in now is pathetic.

As a hunter you used to HAVE to be able to jumpspinshot, strafe run and time your stop to autoshot, spec for Scatter, control your pet more than set it to auto win, and keep track of arrows to be successful. Boar was the pet because their 1 sec stun was NEEDED to help kiting.

Now... well, anyway. I just wanted to explain my opinion of the hunter class seeing as I normally bash them when they talk in f2p chat. Except Felix, He FCs, probably with a spider though, so maybe he's a dick too ;p

Bob

Speaking of crutch classes.

In regard to the "hunter" badmouthing in this thread. I'm especially hard on them because I have played a hunter on and off since Vanilla and honestly, the state that the are in now is pathetic.

As a hunter you used to HAVE to be able to jumpspinshot, strafe run and time your stop to autoshot, spec for Scatter, control your pet more than set it to auto win, and keep track of arrows to be successful. Boar was the pet because their 1 sec stun was NEEDED to help kiting.

Now... well, anyway. I just wanted to explain my opinion of the hunter class seeing as I normally bash them when they talk in f2p chat. Except Felix, He FCs, probably with a spider though, so maybe he's a dick too ;p

Bob

hunters dont have to stop to auto shoot anymore :)

last nite i played against a 24 mal ganis premade... they also had 24's outside of that so atleast 7 i would say were 24's

alliance had allll 20's. we didnt just give up at beginning

anyway ill sum it up. end of game it was horde - 2 ally - 1 and we had their flag in our tunnel about to cap, they did not have our flag, then time went out

kinda why i dont like the new timer, but it prevent too much GY farming

Only thing that's really more then needed for warriors is to be able to charge while in combat,
and then you would see all the usual chicken hunters (or scum in short) wouldn't even bother targeting you or less even toying with you in middfield in WSG for an example.
Because usualy a hunter vs a warrior looks like :
- can't charge cause charge range is signi shorter then hunter range or they just send a pet on you so you again aren't able to charge since you're in combat
- then comes the concussive shot with it's fantastic CD so you're consta slowed for 50 % of your movement speed
- after that there pet stuns you while the hunter is shooting you from a safe distance
- now is the time for disarm for 8 sec (i really enjoy that one)
- if you're still by some miracle alive and are able to come in melee range of a hunter you try hitting him for the first time since the fight started and then the ever so great of a player that he is he first ''dodges you attack'' and then parries the next one.
- then it's time for disengage (btw you're still under concussive shot all the way)-and by this time if you're still alive it must mean you either have a healer on your ass or you're being David Copperfield.(ofc you popped your insignia and AGM by this time )
- and at last you come to him again by some god given miracle and by that time one of his previous CD's is over and ready to use again.

ANY QUESTIONS ?

ANY QUESTIONS ?
You forgot Scatter, Wing Clip, trinketing mah PH,...

The only way I can win against most Hunters if I can get a Charge off, or if they Disengage uphill (this is about 90% of the Hunter population so GG), they backpeddle (again that same 90%), forget about any other attack than CS, ES, AS or SS (another time that same 90%).

So yes, as a Warrior, you shouldn't have a real problem with Hunters once you're BiS, especially not as NE. Charge, PH, Rend, Bloodthirst, PH, Rend on Pet, BT, HS, PH, Execute. Might want to trinket the Scatter somewhere. Oh, and always stay behind the Hunters. If you see them jump, start running in that direction, and spam PH. You'll be on them, once they land. Spam Thunderclap when being autodisarmed and spam PH. When being real smart and health is really crucial, try to PH only the pet, gain distance on the Hunter again some more, PH both. This way you'll keep your distance from the pet.

This tactic does only work on 90% of Hunters. Against that other 10% you have 0% chance to win.

I've seen Premade f2p , if the in aerie peak n have vent . Most r great players. Also have u ever been camped by anger 20s trying to get boas. Lol I have nothing but love for the bracket.

hunters dont have to stop to auto shoot anymore :)

Nor do they have to spec for Scatter, which was my point. Most of the challenge / downsides of the class are gone.

There are still good players playing hunters, the 10% Mialo was talking about, and you can't kill them if they are BiS.

Bob

last nite i played against a 24 mal ganis premade... they also had 24's outside of that so atleast 7 i would say were 24's

alliance had allll 20's. we didnt just give up at beginning

anyway ill sum it up. end of game it was horde - 2 ally - 1 and we had their flag in our tunnel about to cap, they did not have our flag, then time went out

kinda why i dont like the new timer, but it prevent too much GY farming

I was in that game - that was hella fun. (I was the last FC allyside). That was a damn shame to lose but better than tucking our heads between our legs and kissing our asses goodbye when the gates came down and people starting QQing right away "We have no chance...waawaaa wahh".... etc etc.

to kilda ,regarding comment # 61 .funny you should mention my f2p hunter (wich I dont even play latelly) as an excuse for your imba toons m8 .
I told you b4 and i ll tell you again, your robin hood speech ,[oh you guys are great ,and i want to help, by stealing from the rich to give to the poor] ,i aint buying that crap. you roll a 24 hunt to own the trial bracket .and then u roll a second 24 hunt to balance it out?! balance !? fuk balance.
"I twink since 2007 " you once told me.
It just fills me with sadness that some1 who twinks since 2007 still fails to grasp the concept of balance. you have access to end game content but prefer to ruin the trials braket ,on both sides... as if that makes it better...
Imo its a double fail .
as i told you b4, you are not the solution ,you are part of the problem.
I am sry if it sounds as "hate rage" .it is my opinion and i stand by it .
I wonder how many new players simply quit the pvp part of wow just because they meet you or your lvl24 buddys on the first few bgs they participate. not to mention the delay you guys cause on the queue time .
anyway let it be clear that i dont have anything against you, in fact i admire your playstyle alot ,but you guys ruin the trials fun and i cant bring myself to accept any of you ,even if focused on strats and never farming as i ve seen you are and scooby too.
tip for you m8 :try roll a trial healer as i have been doing latelly and after a few bgs against 6 24s you might see my point a bit more clear.

friend of mine once told you and i totally agree: if you play a f2p toon you will get more respect from others and in the end much more fun .
your reply: "I play for the fun ,not to be respectable ". as if you dont even care what others think !!! plz... I think its a big fat lie and you know it is.
anyway ,have fun ,and play whatever toon makes you sleep better at night.if you find 24 hunt is the way to go ,then go for it m8.
wish you best of luck either way.

btw i stabled the pet,maybe 4ever .hope you didnt find it offensive.sry if it looked that way, i really meant it more as a joke

best regards Flipz

Sorry for a wall of text.

Reacting for Verh #84: why to delete Flipz's post? Because he reacted to a post in which he was used as an argument? That would be as unfair as rolling 24 "twinked" hunter in lvl 20 F2P bracket!

The main problem is that US and EU server's bgs got blended in the flow of this "civil" discussion! BUT those are not the same! At EU's bgs there are horde 24s dominating at night. At Alliance side queue times are up to 20 mins but at horde its almost instant... Even though 24s CAN add some juice into bg... when you face 4 of them (up to 4 horde /usually gy farmers/ against pure lvl 20 Alliance team) you will wake up soon!

As I said before the situation on the US realms may differ. OP asked about what ppl think about 24s. And by fate someone mentioned Flipz. And Flipz reacted... I feel he has the full right to react. To defend himself and his opinions and to set the mirror for EU horde 24s.

Of course it IS very complex question indeed! But I was healing EU bgs with p2p enchanted lvl 20 priest to balance horde 24 prevalence a bit. And I have to say: It is not about balance what they are doing there. No gear excuses anymore. They are overpowered as hell. They just faceroll. Enchanted lvl 24 rogue can boast with a high number of flag returns. How it can't be so? When he can one shot ppl with his 1.3 k crit? Ok lets forget rogues. How about lvl 24 disc priest with insane amount of flag returns and flag caps? Isn't something wrong there?

Situation at EU realms may vary through the day of course due to the kids prevalence. Depends when one plays. But horde 24s start to play from approx 9 PM.

My dear Original Poster: You pay so you can get anything for what you pay for. But should you play at EU realms please consider trying lvl 20 with F2P restrictions and maybe have some P2P enchanted gear set in your invertory as a back up when you will face prevalence of lvl 24s. You will get more respect from your team and you will actually deserve your kills and achievements. If you care about others, if those virtual toons are not just something "red" for you (and by your post you proven they aren't), than pls give lvl 20 twink a try. Just my 2 cents.

I guess this is where me (at least now) and others vary. I don't play this game to get respect, from my guildys or team i'm facing. I just play to have fun, yes it's better to win and gy farming is boring but easy on the wow=life reference, pay 50 cents a day and twink your toon at 24 or buy a can soda instead (cheap one at that) and be f2p.

I think f2p had a little paradise for awhile and not 24's are pooping on it, all i can say is carry a umbrella.

Users who are viewing this thread