Question about actual rating

We need some maths here, cause you can just keep saying "90%" till you pass out.
1) How many damaging spells do you think you would cast as a druid over the course of say a decent game of Eye of the Storm, just lighting up every target you could, etc.? Cause that is what is really going to give you your "%" of how much more effective one build is over another as far as doing the one thing they need to do... damage.

2) I can't argue that the gap for Druids and Shams is far less than Warlocks/Priests/Mages as well... the later don't have a FREE BiS dungeon set to farm... so they don't have to buy as much gear. I will stipulate that that gap is obviously less for shams/druids since they have access to the set gear... but it is still not "90%" as good.

3) Grandfathered or not, I'm sorry it costs .5-1mil, you CAN still get it. It's just your choice to not have one. I don't have one, I won't pay that much for it, that's my choice, but that slot is still not currently BiS if I have an Azora's Will jammed into it, no matter what I say about it. There are some items I just can't get... period... I would consider that not BiS as a slot choice and I would call whatever a new twink can get BiS. This is a petty argument tho and not really relevant.

1) It doesn't matter how many damaging spells you do if its a %. If each druid casts 10 spells and one does 90 damage and the other does 100 damage, its 900 and 1000 for 90%. If each druid does 10000 spells, its 900000 and 1000000 and still 90%. But the 90% isn't the important part (and its you who said it) - its the "almost as effective". Which could be a rpetty wide range.

2) Even without a dungeon set, a caster with heirlooms and dungeon blues and BG crate gear is going to be almost as effective compared to a general "BiS" twink set.

3) Agreed that its not really relevant.

It sounds like we're going back and forth and just have different opinions tho. /shrug

I already assumed you were.

Arkant,
You posted two links that had the obvious answer to your question. More int/spell power = more damage.. the longer the BG goes on the more spells are cast the higher the glass cannon builds damage will be over the other geared link. Now I can't factor in every single anomaly for every game, maybe one person is an idiot, maybe one gets farmed in a game and suffers, maybe one farms a GY for fake numbers... blah blah blah... nonsense aside over time it's simple math.
Do you actually have trouble understanding the English language?

I asked you how large the difference in performance you think would be, not whether there is one.

Do you actually have trouble understanding the English language?

I asked you how large the difference in performance you think would be, not whether there is one.

I think you are just skipping posts, the other guy clearly understood. To simplify it for you, just find out what the damage bonus actually is for the difference in intelligence and there you go. If its 15%, then one druid is 85% as good as the other one, etc. There are other factors of course, the relevant ones being what actually happens in an game, but I don't have my quantum argument generator built yet, so we can stick with maths.

I don't know if you have an arcane mage (or really any caster at all), but there is a huge drop off in damage performance when you start to ditch intelligence for ANYTHING else.

Last edited:
I think you are just skipping posts, the other guy clearly understood. To simplify it for you, just find out what the damage bonus actually is for the difference in intelligence and there you go. If its 15%, then one druid is 85% as good as the other one, etc. There are other factors of course, the relevant ones being what actually happens in an game, but I don't have my quantum argument generator built yet, so we can stick with maths.

I don't know if you have an arcane mage (or really any caster at all), but there is a huge drop off in damage performance when you start to ditch intelligence for ANYTHING else.
I am asking you because you are the person spewing bullshit without backing it up whatsoever. So I will ask you again: How large is the difference in performance between these two druids to justify you claiming one would "just bury" the other?

If the math is so simple then do it. I am not going to do your work for you.

I picked a druid because you came up with the example of random druids who aren't geared properly having 180 int (no idea where you got that from) and being completely outclassed compared to twinks who spend hundreds of thousands.

As a side note: The "other guy" told you the exact same thing, just in a more polite manner: That you are making up bullshit and don't understand how percentages work.

I already assumed you were.

Arkant,
You posted two links that had the obvious answer to your question. More int/spell power = more damage.. the longer the BG goes on the more spells are cast the higher the glass cannon builds damage will be over the other geared link. Now I can't factor in every single anomaly for every game, maybe one person is an idiot, maybe one gets farmed in a game and suffers, maybe one farms a GY for fake numbers... blah blah blah... nonsense aside over time it's simple math.
LOL tf are you even talking about?

I am asking you because you are the person spewing bullshit without backing it up whatsoever. So I will ask you again: How large is the difference in performance between these two druids to justify you claiming one would "just bury" the other?

If the math is so simple then do it. I am not going to do your work for you.

I picked a druid because you came up with the example of random druids who aren't geared properly having 180 int (no idea where you got that from) and being completely outclassed compared to twinks who spend hundreds of thousands.

As a side note: The "other guy" told you the exact same thing, just in a more polite manner: That you are making up bullshit and don't understand how percentages work.

What do I have to back up, go fire a solar wrath with 200 int and then fire one with 300 (or whatever numbers blow your skirt up), any moron can do that. Have at it. You are trying to complicate something because it's not going your way.

What do I have to back up, go fire a solar wrath with 200 int and then fire one with 300 (or whatever numbers blow your skirt up), any moron can do that. Have at it. You are trying to complicate something because it's not going your way.
So you're full of shit, gotcha.

This is honestly the most bizzare conversation. The hyperbole on display here is off the roof, You can be absolutely viable with looms, dungeon drops + correct enchants with almost every class without spending a ton on boe items as soon as you hit 29. The difference between Bis boe's and dungeon loot/looms is not as severe as you make out. As twinks we all strive for min/max but you make it seem like on the way to achieving this that you have no chance to participate and are next to useless.

And this absurd idea of non twink levelling warriors being godlike is insane. There are a shit ton of viable classes that can easily outdamage warriors...Boomies, Resto Shammies, Surv Hunters, MM Hunters, Arcane Mages, Shadow Priests etc and none of these require BIS gear to do so.

And damage isnt fkn everything...classes like rogues can have a huge impact on the outcome of any bg without topping the damage....

But if you are telling me you are going to wear heirloom gear and greens and be even CLOSE to a good player who is BiS you are a delusional dumb-ass who likes to troll. The only class that can do that is the warrior, because stat stacking is not the ONLY option for them.
Delusional-ception.
When you think others are delusional, but you're.

Users who are viewing this thread