Prot pallies? lets talk about hpals

Didn't that god awful holy pally dual-boxer go to four boxing prot pally? I think the names were variations on omglickme. Can't remember what server.

Why doesn't it surprise me that people complaining about OP heals underestimate how OP a blanket silence that hits like a truck is?

Exactly. Protection pallies are on a whole other level compared to an hpal. Avengers shield is so good. All you have to do is avengers shield a healer whose casting, blanket them, and now they become a target of choice because the shield hits them for 600.

Why not whine about both? Prot paladins are a little less OP then Holy, but they are still OP. In a perfect world they would nerf druids (specifically rejuv spammers) as well as nerf Hammer of Justice to 3-4 seconds MAX as well as the damage from some abilities and nerf the healing on Hpallys. As well as nerf the damage on rogues. I play a prot warrior, which has entirely BiS excluding head piece and I have simply no change against any pally druid or rogue who has semi decent gear.

Exactly. Protection pallies are on a whole other level compared to an hpal. Avengers shield is so good. All you have to do is avengers shield a healer whose casting, blanket them, and now they become a target of choice because the shield hits them for 600.

PvP:
Avenger´s Shield doesnt hits 600... it crits 700 and haves 15sec cd and prot palas rarely crit, normally prot palas have like 10-12% crit chance.

In 15seconds if u always crit u can do:
1400dmg with Avengers Shield
3000dmg with Denounce

Last edited by a moderator:

You must be fighting bad ones who crits 600. Mine crits for 700ish. But so what? Prot paladins rely on 2 burst spells whild hpals have good damage 24/7 with no mana issues, 2 instant heals, a bubble and to use denounce you don't even have to be FACING the target. Hpals do at least the amount of damage Prot pallies do but with retarded survivability.

@Yde Yeah I was wrong when I thought about it again

Also to add that Prot pallies are a good counter to healers(looking at the gigantic amount). If they nerf Prot pally's stunlock at this level then that WILL technically be a buff to healers.

You must be fighting bad ones who crits 600. Mine crits for 700ish. But so what? Prot paladins rely on 2 burst spells whild hpals have good damage 24/7 with no mana issues, 2 instant heals, a bubble and to use denounce you don't even have to be FACING the target. Hpals do at least the amount of damage Prot pallies do but with retarded survivability.

@Yde Yeah I was wrong when I thought about it again

Also to add that Prot pallies are a good counter to healers(looking at the gigantic amount). If they nerf Prot pally's stunlock at this level then that WILL technically be a buff to healers.

Did you know that PvP is about burst, not sustained dps.

Holy has a 6 second cooldown lay on hands in holy shock; only slightly exaggerated . They still have hammer of justice to peel dps or stop heals. They can use pursuit of justice pretty effectively because of holy shock, making them good kiters. Denounce stopping criticals severely lowers the enemy teams dps if it's used effectively and not just to do mad deeps. Their word of glory being used more often is a small healing increase that adds up over the course of a match and let's a bit more burst healing be done. They also have a cleanse.

Holy pallys lose 3 seconds of cc and 700 damage on 3 individual players, the cc specifically is invaluable if used selectively on a group of casters and not solely for damage, but the execute factor of it is powerful too. They lose more burst aoe damage and a handy tool to get out stealthies from holy wrath. Prot also gains some free survivability from guarded by the light that holy doesn't get. Holy is very susceptible to interrupts on either denounce or flash heal if they try casting while holy shock is on cd, since all of their spells are holy they're left pretty useless for a while. Denounces damage isn't actually great, and can be healed through without much trouble and generally isn't enough to kill in one HoJ, although it does consistent damage over a long time which helps pressure, until you have to stop to heal a team mate, assuming you actually heal... A last semi-con, if you run into an affliction lock (lol) and aren't careful with cleanse you can be silenced for even longer than you usally are, locks curse of enfeeblement also lessens your denounces effectiveness.

Holy is decent support but I definitely prefer prot for team oriented play, and even in one vs one situations I'd have a hard time recommending holy.

i rolled my first f2padin bout 2 weeks ago, i was hoping that when i got around to rolling one it wouldnt be the 'easy class'
the only fun part of the class imo is pulling off clutch cleanses and peeling with hoj, healing on priests are more fun imo
i almost never use denounce because i have too much respect for myself

Holy has a 6 second cooldown lay on hands in holy shock; only slightly exaggerated . They still have hammer of justice to peel dps or stop heals. They can use pursuit of justice pretty effectively because of holy shock, making them good kiters. Denounce stopping criticals severely lowers the enemy teams dps if it's used effectively and not just to do mad deeps. Their word of glory being used more often is a small healing increase that adds up over the course of a match and let's a bit more burst healing be done. They also have a cleanse.

Holy pallys lose 3 seconds of cc and 700 damage on 3 individual players, the cc specifically is invaluable if used selectively on a group of casters and not solely for damage, but the execute factor of it is powerful too. They lose more burst aoe damage and a handy tool to get out stealthies from holy wrath. Prot also gains some free survivability from guarded by the light that holy doesn't get. Holy is very susceptible to interrupts on either denounce or flash heal if they try casting while holy shock is on cd, since all of their spells are holy they're left pretty useless for a while. Denounces damage isn't actually great, and can be healed through without much trouble and generally isn't enough to kill in one HoJ, although it does consistent damage over a long time which helps pressure, until you have to stop to heal a team mate, assuming you actually heal... A last semi-con, if you run into an affliction lock (lol) and aren't careful with cleanse you can be silenced for even longer than you usally are, locks curse of enfeeblement also lessens your denounces effectiveness.

Holy is decent support but I definitely prefer prot for team oriented play, and even in one vs one situations I'd have a hard time recommending holy.

Even though Prot has 25% more stamm Holy has 2 instant heals and unlimited mana. Holy survivability>prot survivability

Also Holy damage is overpowered compared to other healer classes and some DPS classes. The ONLY classes that have more DPS than holy paladins are rogues and hunters.

Yes, prot can be better than holy at teamwork but you need to keep in mind that not you won't get reliable teamates every BG.

Even though Prot has 25% more stamm Holy has 2 instant heals and unlimited mana. Holy survivability>prot survivability

Also Holy damage is overpowered compared to other healer classes and some DPS classes. The ONLY classes that have more DPS than holy paladins are rogues and hunters.

Yes, prot can be better than holy at teamwork but you need to keep in mind that not you won't get reliable teamates every BG.

Im done here. You obviously have no idea what game your playing.

Tracking should be disabled in BG's or at least on a CD. Make them huntards work to seek n mark. I love how fast pets can run to close the gap. OK sorry off topic. Yes Pallies r op. Im tired of silence stun crap. Lol.
plays resto druid, wants hunters nerfed

How cute.

-

prot paladins don't bother me as much as holy paladins do. insta heal is GAY G-A-Y.

Users who are viewing this thread